The online racing simulator
#1 - Riel
How To for using Speech Commands in LFS
During today's race, I tested the functionality of speech-commands during racing. I found it mentioned in the forum somewhere a while ago, and thought I'll share a How-to now!

I have done this, because when racing, I do not want to search for the right keys to setup my amount of refuel or what tirechange there has to be done, etc.

I also use it now to enter :-), :-(, Sorry, and those things (F1 through F8), and showing tirewear, or suspension damage.

All of this without taking your hands off the wheel, all you need is a microphone.

How to set up:

First install microsoft speech-sdk 5.1
http://www.microsoft.com/downl ... 1b4530&displaylang=en

(scroll down for files, take SpeechSDK51.exe). I am testing languagepack now.

then, install Pilfius, this link:
http://download.softpedia.com/ ... ols/pilfius_nonstable.zip

Take the 'setup tour' by talking to the program, you will see.

Download the attached test-file to see how things work, extract it, and open it with Pilfius.

Now, look at the commands. First I have entered Pitstop, Tires and Damage.
When you are racing and say 'Damage', it shows suspensiondamage. Same for Tires or Pitstop.

I also have made commands for the arrowkeys. Up, down, left, right.
For pitting and having 24% more fuel, I would say:

"Pitstop", then "down" to highlight fuel, then I could say 24x right, but I added 'twentyright' to make 20 taps on the right. Say "right""right""right""right" To make it 24 Just for test, you could add the common fuelsettings and make a whole macro of keys for it.

The recognition works astonishing well !! Just pronounce in your best english. Wait for a second for it to react.

Good luck!
Attached files
test.zip - 349 B - 497 views
I can't test it because I don't have a microphone but this sounds like a great program.
awesome! can't wait to try it out 2moro!
#4 - Riel
Ofcource you can easily add those. I didn't do that in the test-file. (you can bind your own keys).

The point is: is binds keys (or a macro) to a command. The command is recognized by the speech-engine.

But, there is a slight delay of about 1 second to recognise command. So for looking it is maybe not optimal, but sure, try it!
I cant seem to make it work.
Looks very usefull , but can i change the "Pitstop"or"Tires" to my language?

Or is only for english language?
#7 - Riel
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I cant seem to make it work.

What exactly doesn't?

I believe english is only for so far, but I have seen laguagepacks for speech engine?
Well, I runned that software loaded your test file.

When I go ingame and say damage it doesnt show. Same goes for all the commands. Guess I missed something?

Software is minimized still not working.
Seems like a nice app. Can you "disable" it temporarily, like you can with Vista's default Speech recognition thingy? In Vista you say "stop listening" and it stops... well, listening Reason I'm asking is because I usually use Ventrilo when racing on our team server and that would probably interfere with this. So I would like to be able to just press a button or something to enable/disable it from within LFS.

Haven't tried this yet, btw. Just wondering.
#10 - Riel
Yes there is an option to use 'button' on/off or 'hold button'.
#11 - Riel
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Well, I runned that software loaded your test file.

When I go ingame and say damage it doesnt show. Same goes for all the commands. Guess I missed something?

Software is minimized still not working.

The setup of speech engine did react?
Loaded test-file?
hmm.. pilfius download..... 11 days ??? :s

can't u upload it at a place wich doesn't take ten thousand years to complete a download ^^

*sry 4 the english*

4/951.7kb 11 days !! XD
Quote from Riel :
First install microsoft speech-sdk 5.1
http://www.microsoft.com/downl ... 1b4530&displaylang=en

I would like to test Pilfius, but I have a problem with installing .msi files.
So I cant install Speech SDK 5.1.

Is there anything like Speech SDK 5.1 I could use instead?

Or does anybody have an installer of Speech SDK 5.1 as an .exe file?
#15 - Riel
It is a setup.exe.

I don't know of non-msi isntallers :/
that link doesn't work either

still the same download place.. still TEN THOUSAND years of waiting ..... on ALL mirrors
#17 - Riel
thx alot
hi!
i cant download Speech SDK 5.1 from the microsoft website, how you all got it?
hmmm Riel ?

Got 5 days of download time after 1 hour of watitng XD

and about 12 days after an afternoon

Is it only my PC or does anybody else got the same prob ??

i want it so bad... i'll get dad to download it later
#23 - Riel
send me your email adress in pm
PiLfIuS! has stopped working!
Hello, PiLfIuS! is stopping to work, I dont know, Seconds after i start him, He stopps, I tried to run as Administarator, Same, If this cause from Regedit.exe, Let me know, Thank you

Regards

How To for using Speech Commands in LFS
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG