The online racing simulator
rev's layouts
(55 posts, started )
rev's layouts
Quote :Here you will see layouts and sets to get the most kart-ish feel in LFS. It's a balance between realism, and fun. Most of them are between 30-40 secs long, ideal for bigger grid. Also, not too hard, to make them enjoyable for the public, but lots of fun online.
At the moment, they are the prototype of a kart-like cup, which is planned to be a fun cup in the hungarian championship.
I'm looking forward to any ideas or criticism. More layouts will come in the future.

As LFS now gives the opportunity to use some new objects, and up to 800 of them, I updated some of my old tracks. Nothing fancy, just some facelift. Further improvements might come as we race more on the layouts, as the new barrier physics already helped a lot and nothing is final yet. We will see...

Now they all have a dedicated pit area, where cars spawn in practice mode:

Grid slots for 16 cars:

Entrance to the grid - race mode - thru the pit box:

And here are the tracks I updated so far, some others will follow:

01 - Hidden Kart Track

02 - Hiddenlike Kart Track

03 - Short

04 - Nonet

05 - Goodmorning ring

06 - Classic re-revised

Setup:

I use a 50% restricted MRT with a hard suspension, and brake bias mostly on the rear. It's recommended to use a 1 gear setup for the best experience, since the tracks are made for speeds under 100 km/h. I use a very short 1st gear to avoid clutch burning after spinning, and then a longer secound gear with ~80 km/h topspeed.

Setup is in the attackments.

How we race:

After a couple of practice or qualifying lapslaps we set a number of laps to race, and then approach the start-finnish line, and everyone takes his spot. Then I write something in chat, and we start when it disappears, simple as that.

Download links:

www.mediafire.com/lfs

Enjoy
Attached files
MRT_kart_setup.set - 132 B - 1007 views
BL3_kart_01_hidden.lyt - 4.5 KB - 470 views
BL3_kart_02_hiddenlike.lyt - 6 KB - 453 views
BL3_kart_03_short.lyt - 4.2 KB - 429 views
BL3_kart_04_nonet.lyt - 5.1 KB - 415 views
BL3_kart_05_goodmorning.lyt - 6.1 KB - 465 views
BL3_kart_06_classicrevised.lyt - 6.3 KB - 473 views
Great, I love MRT on Autocross. Going to download these tomorrow.

LOL @ Chucknorrisring.
Tried some of them with a MRT, they was awesome!
Great work with them. Also suits for XFG racing.
Exelent!!!

Very nice work
][_ ([]) ][_
wow. those are some great looking layouts!
Those layouts are realy fun and realy well made

And Lol chucknorris ring
Thanks guys. Hope I'll have time this evening, and make some more. The problem is that it's really hard to make a layout thats fun to drive, not too hard and has many overtaking points, which is important for a fun race. Usually it takes around 3-4 tries to get the one I want, which is quite a lot of time, and I'm running out of ideas...

Tracks need fast corners, with more than 1 ideal lines, slow corners, hard braking points, where drivers can overtake each other. It's really not easy to make a track that suits everything..

ps: a new track added
New ones added.
nice layout mate
keep it going.
Haha, the fotball thingy is awesome, and that other field thingy is just strange, but I enjoy them
New track added. I'm planning to make more narrow ones than the first few, because it's a lot easier to make chicanes and corners that are actually chicanes and corners, not just liftoff-flatout ones.
New one in the list. Well, I don't like narrow tracks :P
yes soccer please!
See, that's why It's not a rewarding job to make anything for the community. Theres a bunch of layouts, all of them are quality ones, a kart set, and everything thats required for some organized karting, and you ppl ask for a soccer server. I had the same experience 2 years before, and as I see ppl hasn't changed much...
Ask for a kart server then, not for soccer.
May I request it as one package? All layouts in one zip?
Quote from The Very End :May I request it as one package? All layouts in one zip?

See 1st post. Also, 2 tracks added.
Great! Thanks a lot
Awersome job ! Perfect to drive the restricted MRT, but I also had fun while pushing my tiger FZ5 on its limits on the wider tracks.
New one in the list. I'll do some clockwise tracks in the future, and some shorter, tighter ones as well. Enjoy.
2 new ones added.
Looks great, I'll test 'em out when I'm home.
#23 - Rsas
Exelent!!!

Very nice work
Hidden kart track from AU1 added. Enjoy.
They look stunning! So damn well made, thanks for sharing these, fun to take the MRT for some rounds on 'em, and even more fun with some buddys

rev's layouts
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG