The online racing simulator
Stop complaining about people crashing. That's what you get from having 23 cars inside 1 second in qualifying. Unfortunately.
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
Jack, how did you beach an FXR? :/

And LOL at me crashing under SC At least it was behind the crest so you couldn't really see me

And you didn't show me wrecking Timo in Race 2, which was nice of you
Quote from D.Zanetti :
(...) and weaving to warm your cars tyres, when there is a car 5metres infront of you. Very basic things, that all drivers should be aware of.

What about keeping slightly more distance to the car infront of you? Heheh, then you could make use of your own common sense as well! It's really not that hard.

Few weird manouvres and tags here and there too, intense racing at least : p

Anyway, the whole event looked great on the stream! Really professionally and well done, lots of leagues has something to learn from you guys!
I wasnt there, but watched most of the evening's racing via the broadcast (which was presented well). However, I couldnt understand the restart performance from Rudy.

Firstly, why was you riding the brake? Why in a straight line? I understand bunching cars up, and doing so to gain an advantage when you choose to break from the pack, but there was no reason to do it 'to the line'.. It's not your responsibility to allow those at the back to catch up. You must control the field behind the safety car and not pass it before the start/finish line..

Which could have been done much easier by slowing at the top of the hill, letting the safety car get to the, or near to the pit lane, then choosing the moment to break, giving you a run from the final corner to make some space, in a more sportsmanlike way before turn one.

The eventual overtake for the lead was harsh, but no less deserved after the restart.

Sorry Rudy, I think you lost your cool, and with it, the race victory. Congrats to all, looks like an entertaining season for the spectators!
Oh and I think Boothy did a good job too. Even if he is Scottish

Hope to hear from you in the coming rounds
yeah, Boothy was a good addition. Maybe we can get him in the MoE commentary box.
#32 - CSF
Quote from DeadWolfBones :yeah, Boothy was a good addition. Maybe we can get him in the MoE commentary box.

Noooooooooooooo! The Boothy head takes another bloating.
Quote from CSF :Noooooooooooooo! The Boothy head takes another bloating.

I'm just waiting for that smiley to pop up on MSN...
<---!

Thanks, it was a interesting set of races, and a lot different commentating than spectating or racing, more difficult than it sounds, especially with Deko using me as a pundit meaning a lot of thinking on your feet and trying to talk about incidents with no replay and at a different angle (race 2 restart especially, I was using shift + u at the first corner so it didn't look dodgy until I watched the replay), so still can be improved if I do it again.

But it was good to try it just for an experience, probably have to learn more about MOE before I attempt anything like that...

As for driver behaviour, one thing I found mind-boggling and which MUST be improved before Fern Bay is conduct under an LFS yellow flag. Race 1 was just insane - NOBODY behind the 3 that crashed on lap 1 lifted off the throttle when the yellow flag was displayed on screen! I cannot understand how if you see a car flying into the air, a car sideways in front of you or one just inches to the side of where you are aiming, you keep going as if nothing is happening around you. It's not real life racing but ignoring yellow flags - especially in a crowded section of the track - still usually results in futher crashes as seen in race 1.

And the racing was excellent, brilliant move by Nolan on Rudy - this ain't single seaters folks - plus the reverse grid added to the spectacle as it tested the faster guys ability to not only be fast but overtake
#35 - CSF
According to the stats, it says that i was using Throttle help :/ i'm 100% sure i didn't, but i still find it very strange that its only me and Jokola from icon who uses it.

i dont even know that u could have throttle help anymore. lol.
Throttle flag shows up always when you don't use autoclutch, for some reason... Maybe that's why?
Quote from Gil07 :Throttle flag shows up always when you don't use autoclutch, for some reason... Maybe that's why?

Riiiiiight, ok. i remember stalling a few times out of the pits, ok

Thank you
Quote from mkinnov8 :Firstly, why was you riding the brake?

My guess would be to keep the turbo pressure up?
Quote from mkinnov8 : The eventual overtake for the lead was harsh, but no less deserved after the restart.

I'm definitely not saying I'm a fan of Rudy's behaviour at the restart, but encouraging an overtake like that is not right either, in my opinion.

Other than that I think the races were very entertaining to watch. Congratulations to those involved in the organisation! And congrats to Nolan for the overall win in this round!
Quote from traxxion :My guess would be to keep the turbo pressure up?
I'm definitely not saying I'm a fan of Rudy's behaviour at the restart, but encouraging an overtake like that is not right either, in my opinion.

Other than that I think the races were very entertaining to watch. Congratulations to those involved in the organisation! And congrats to Nolan for the overall win in this round!

True at rudy's restart. im gonna keep it there, cos it did profit me at t1
@ building the pressure up, i did the exact same thing on my restart while i was in p1, without any consequences for the rear end of the pack, as i saw it, in the replay and the stream.

Me and rudy already spoke about the 'incident' we had, and i think we agreed that majority of the incident, was my fault, but other than that, it was a racing incident.

Good race everybody, i enjoyed every bit of it, and GG to CoRe for being up there with 2 drivers all the time
Quote from Dennis93 :@ building the pressure up, i did the exact same thing on my restart while i was in p1, without any consequences for the rear end of the pack, as i saw it, in the replay and the stream.

I wasn't defending his behavior, I was merely answering Stoney's question why he was riding with the brake on.
Quote from traxxion :I wasn't defending his behavior, I was merely answering Stoney's question why he was riding with the brake on.

i was backing you up on that one
Quote from traxxion :My guess would be to keep the turbo pressure up?

Quote from traxxion :I wasn't defending his behavior, I was merely answering Stoney's question why he was riding with the brake on.

Understood, but he applied the brake again right by the start/finish line.. The car behind couldnt react in time, as there was contact there, right before Rudy darts off.

If the cars would have been side by side at that point, and Rudy applied the brakes, the following car would have passed before the start/finish and been awarded a penalty for overtaking.

Anyway, just my opinion, I thought it was an aweful way of restarting a race.

As for support of the overtake, while I dont usually support eye for eye racing, Rudy should probably have expected such a move after pushing so much with the botched restart. It was only a matter of time before cooler head's overtook.
We will be releasing a guideline on expected driving standards under SC. Although these won't be set rules for Fern Bay, we will be monitoring things over the 3 races and hope we can see better driving should we need to deploy the SC . After Fern Bay we'll look to put something firmly into the league rules. Just want to make sure the guidelines have the desired effect....

The one thing I would stress is that common sense needs to be applied on SC restarts, we can all easily blame the guy in front, but please consider that under ANY race condition it is your responsibility to ensure you do not hit the driver you are following. When I speak about the guy in front, I'm not speaking specifically about Rudy (there is a protest in place with regards to the second restart), I mean the whole field.

I was also supprised to see people going of track in an attempt to warm their tyres. By all means keep your tyres warm, but do we really need to throw the car around so much for an extra couple of degrees.

As for the bumping and pushing... I'm not going to say the admin team will let dangerous or wreckless driving go without a penalty, infact we will be hard on people that drive stupid. But with regards to LIGHT bumping and pushing "Welcome to Touring Cars".....
About the SC car, can we make it go at a consistant pace? its very uncosistant, out of corners sometimes 120-130, and some times 80-90?
i see al cinded of complains about the crash i made in the opinion of most of you,

but may i point that in race 3 dennis was doing a steady pace with the restart and even then there was a big pill up in the back of the field.

This doesnt clean my start at all but does point that the guys in the back should also be a little more alert that the speed wont be going straight away if the enter the straight like in westhill.
I think one of the problems was that Rudy may have been either waiting for the green flag or the start/finish line before really putting the foot down, however this does not excuse the slowing down to 46mph after accelerating to over 60mph out of the final turn.

It might be an idea to follow the normal FIA/non-USA restart rules, where so long as the Safety Car is clear of the road ahead then it is up to the leader when to go, and they can go at any time - waiting on the green flag is not necessary so it means the leader can get on the power out of the final turn rather than wait until the green flag comes out. Of course, no overtaking until the line.

I mentioned it in the commentary because I saw it on the Safety Car livery - it said "Limiters on" or something - so wouldn't it be better if that was done next time?
When we went through this issue with the IGTC restarts (since that league also uses the SC periods), we came up with the following policy:

Quote :
1) Races are re/started behind a safety car (hereafter SC), driven at roughly 100kph (62mph), in single file. All drivers must leave a comfortable gap to the car ahead during the re/start lap, and must drive respectfully and with control.
1.1) In the event that the field is unevenly spaced as it approaches the green flag, the marshals may instruct drivers to close up to or back off from the car ahead, or in extreme cases may decide to wave off the re/start. In this case the field will complete another lap behind the SC before taking the green

2) When the SC enters the final sector, it will quickly accelerate away from the field and enter the pit lane. At this point the lead car should begin to gradually accelerate. The lead car should not brake (except in the case of natural braking points) once it has begun to accelerate. Once the lead car has entered the designated green flag zone, the green flag may be displayed.
2.1) Once the green flag has been displayed, drivers are free to overtake
2.2) Drivers judged to have jumped the start, to have lagged back and subsequently gained a significant speed advantage on a restart, or to have begun an overtaking maneuver before the green flag is shown will be punished with a DT penalty, or a C1 penalty if protested post-race.

Once we arrived at that solution, it worked pretty well. Of course, we had eight races to get there, too.
Just my two cents.

As Darren says, the guidlines we will be releasing shortly will clarify what we expect of drivers on the restart.

Rudy accepts that the restart on lap 14 of Race 2 is not the way to behave in a restart, and I welcome his honesty.

What I would say to everyone is to race within the spirit of the rules, not just the letter. If there is unsporting conduct on the track in future iTCC races, we will take a dim view of it.

Cheers

Joe

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG