The online racing simulator
Drift Help -~ Slows...
(9 posts, started )
Drift Help -~ Slows...
Hi Guys,

I remember drifting in Blackwood back in September or so. There was this guy, who I remember, told me that my drifts were really really slow.

On the first turn after the straight - away GP Track, my typical drift speed is around 80 - 90 km, and typical exit speed in (in 2nd gear) @ around 70km or so.

Is there anything, in general, tips, that I can have to increase this speed.

Car - XR GT
Input device - DFGT @ 720

Thank you! =D
Clutch kick, maybe try to stop using brakes or handbrake and oversteer the car instead? also try flooring it while drifting, Put in a replay to this thread and someone will watch your drifting and help you for real.
Okay, I'll post one up. BTW, whats the best LSD to use for drifting?
IMO, I would use locked, but some people say otherwise.
#5 - Woz
Quote from GenesisX :Is there anything, in general, tips, that I can have to increase this speed.

Drive faster
#6 - G!NhO
try using hybride tyres, more pressure in the tyres or less angle in your drift so you will mantain your speed.

but a replay says more than words...
Quote from GenesisX :
On the first turn after the straight - away GP Track, my typical drift speed is around 80 - 90 km, and typical exit speed in (in 2nd gear) @ around 70km or so.

In general a drift appears slow when you exit the corner with a slow speed.
70 is quite slow indeed for that turn, as usually, you should hit the outside rumble at around 80 or 85 at the exit.
Remember that the speed displayed when you slide is not the exact one, since your wheels spin

My best advice would be to enter the corner a tad slower, because then you might accelerate slightly in the exit instead of slowing down all the way through the corner --> regaining the grip sharply, which is slow.
Not to lose momentum, you should make your exit smoother --> slowly reducing the angle, as your tries will go though lower slip angles at the exit which will favorise the acceleration.
Quote from GenesisX :Okay, I'll post one up. BTW, whats the best LSD to use for drifting?

Anything but the brown acid. It's a bad trip man....
lol nice post alias :P go back to alice :P

Drift Help -~ Slows...
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG