The online racing simulator
iRacing - Dale Earnhardt Jr
(46 posts, started )
I had one really fun race against Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Unfortunately you still cant save replays in iRacing that really pissed me off in that moment, so I took a normal camera and filmed the monitors and surprisingly it doesnt look THAT bad, okay it doesnt look great at all, but due to the bad quality it looks like a real race would look like on a bad TV, atleast to my eyes

I added a little Audio to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWmm7253irY
Really cool. He made you use up your tires just by sitting behind you for a few laps.
the oval made me yawn, how do you know it's the real Dale Earnhart?
Very interesting to watch. BTW does iRacing have like a friends list so you'll know when the real racecar drivers are on or not?

Quote from anttt69 :the oval made me yawn, how do you know it's the real Dale Earnhart?

Despite the fact that it was close racing....interesting
#5 - troy
Quote from anttt69 :the oval made me yawn, how do you know it's the real Dale Earnhart?

because you can only pay with credit card and your iracing name will be the name you got on that card, so unless somebody got the same name or stole earnhardt's card I would guess it is him.
#6 - Gil07
Quote from troy :because you can only pay with credit card and your iracing name will be the name you got on that card, so unless somebody got the same name or stole earnhardt's card I would guess it is him.

When I signed up I just picked a name, completely different from the card I paid with, so no, that's not true
#7 - troy
oh, then I'm sorry. I'm pretty sure that last time I looked closer at iracing this was still the case, so I guess they changed that in the meantime.
#8 - Gil07
Nah, this was when it first came out... They could have changed it in the meantime though
Anyway, it's a well-known fact that Dale Jr. races iRacing (tv interviews, and whatnot). There are many real life racers who do, including, as listed on the youtube comments and confirmed in the iR forums:

Jaques Villenueve
AJ Allmendinger
Justin Wilson
Michael Mcdowell
Bobby Labonte
Chad Mcumbee
Tony Eury Jr.
Quote from lizardfolk :

Despite the fact that it was close racing....interesting

Close as in the constant left hand turns & the complete lack of overtaking opportunity's, the race was a procession until George burned his tires.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Anyway, it's a well-known fact that Dale Jr. races iRacing (tv interviews, and whatnot). There are many real life racers who do, including, as listed on the youtube comments and confirmed in the iR forums:

Jaques Villenueve
AJ Allmendinger
Justin Wilson
Michael Mcdowell
Bobby Labonte
Chad Mcumbee
Tony Eury Jr.

Well if it was him then well done George , looks like your setup could use a few adjustments though.
#11 - th84
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Anyway, it's a well-known fact that Dale Jr. races iRacing (tv interviews, and whatnot). There are many real life racers who do, including, as listed on the youtube comments and confirmed in the iR forums:

Jaques Villenueve
AJ Allmendinger
Justin Wilson
Michael Mcdowell
Bobby Labonte
Chad Mcumbee
Tony Eury Jr.

JR will also chat with you before/during/after the race. It is pretty hard to steal his voice.
Quote from anttt69 :constant left hand turns

Completely irrelevant. I suppose the Singapore GP is more exciting because it has more turns than the Canadian GP? LOL

Quote from anttt69 :Close

Quote from anttt69 :the complete lack of overtaking opportunity's, the race was a procession until George burned his tires.

Hmmm...there wasn't exactly a complete lack of overtaking opportunity, Jr. just couldn't get a run on George. But when you put that in the same context it's not really that much different for circuits...only except on circuits the intervals are like 8 seconds
If that had been me i would have failed. I wonder what he would have said if i spun and put him out of a race. I'd say omg i'm so sorry. Oh and i'd also say to him to try lfs.
Quote from Luke.S :If that had been me i would have failed. I wonder what he would have said if i spun and put him out of a race. I'd say omg i'm so sorry. Oh and i'd also say to him to try lfs.

Would be cool if name professional race car drivers gave LFS the same attention as iRacing.
IIRC one of the F1 drivers plays LFS.
I know there is one but i forgot.
wicked video..... great job with the added sound too.......

and good job racing. It's a hard race on that track for the truck! Well done m8

I'd like to see your 3 screens too... that must look awesome!
wow, it must be very exciting to race with a racer like him

Quote from Luke.S :If that had been me i would have failed. I wonder what he would have said if i spun and put him out of a race. I'd say omg i'm so sorry. Oh and i'd also say to him to try lfs.

lol i would have done the same

Quote from Luke.S :I know there is one but i forgot.

try to remember please
Quote from Luke.S :I know there is one but i forgot.

Where did u get the information that an F1 driver plays LFS?
Recently there was a thread about a driver who raced in Formula BMW and now UK F3 IIRC.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more, but if I was a race car driver, would I tell the community? I'm not sure

OTOH if I understand it correctly, the guy you're talking about gets his dough for promoting iRacing, certainly we don't have such a luxury in LFS.

We chatted after the race over the microphone, I know his voice from TV, he is a well known user of the game.

Quote from StableX :wicked video..... great job with the added sound too.......

and good job racing. It's a hard race on that track for the truck! Well done m8

I'd like to see your 3 screens too... that must look awesome!

Thanks mate . I added a picture to this post at the bottom

Quote from anttt69 :Close as in the constant left hand turns & the complete lack of overtaking opportunity's, the race was a procession until George burned his tires.

Martinsville might look easy from the outside but you really need to hit your marks exactly every lap, braking at the exactly right moment every 8 seconds for an hour, if you brake just a little bit to late or to little you slide out of the line, if you brake just a little bit to early the car behind you will crash you, then letting the car roll a split second at the centre, then back on the throttle while sawing wild precise the steering wheel to prevent spinning out but using all of the track at the same time without getting into the wall. It is a a constant ride on a razor blade. And with a Superstar driver right on your rear bumper for quite some time makes it all very exciting.

Dale Jr's statistics at iRacing makes him the 2nd best Oval Racer out of 6497 drivers. So he (of course) knows exactly how to be extremely fast, have the right strategy and save tyres in real and in the Sim, I really had to push alot to stay infront of him for the remaining 30 laps but I burned up my tyres to much trying to stay in the lead.

You know I would really wish there would be a proper Oval Track in LFS, because theres only one Oval track in LFS and it is such a dull Oval, it doesnt give one the slightest idea how difficult and challenging Oval Racing can be. And this gives a wrong impression imo. Hope Scawen will add other Ovals someday, I think this area is totally overlooked in this Sim.
Attached images
1.JPG
2.JPG
wow, pretty impressive cockpit you have over there, beautiful wheel and shifter
very nice cockpit if only i had one of them
The DVR and Youtube compression makes it look almost real.

Racing against a professional driver, and a currently famous one at that, is pretty darn cool.

Almost worth paying a hiPrice for. I had to say it.

(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG