It's a Yahoo.Answer thing. The place where mis-informed 13 year olds post information that people like you take as fact. Not always the case, but most of the info on Yahoo is just a bunch of chinese-whispers-hand-me-down-made-up stuff.
Ah well, that didn't last long did it.

You're most likely over reacting after reading some nonsense from some where, never take medical advice from the internet, if you have a problem go to a doctor.

On a more helpful note, I damaged my nostril as a child, you can't tell from the outside but one nostril is not as open as the other hence I can blow more snot from one and nothing at all from the other.

It could also just be a cold.

Please start your own forum and not let anyone on, anything that takes you away from posting this kind of rubbish here.
Quote from lerts :and in a way explains how im am always with my right hemisphere dominating the creative and imaginative having the logical one in lazyness

Indeed. Some more logic from you could be a good thing, get that left side working. And that's only proper logic mind, since Lerts logic is clearly from your right side.
#30 - STF
LOL, can someone test this?
http://www.sanatansociety.org/ ... meditation/swara_yoga.htm
Quote :For example in fever, one should plug the operating nostril with a cotton ball and keep it plugged until body temperature becomes normal again. Chronic indigestion can be cured by cultivating a habit of eating only when the right nostril is dominant. The same goes for eating and defecating in case of constipation. Stress created by hard work and physical labor can be cured by lying on the right side and breathing through the left nostril for 25 to 30 minutes. If you want to alter an unwanted emotional state, just breath through the congested nostril for a while.

i read a similar link that was what got me into worry

it said to be healthy you have to change nose dominance every 2 or 3 hours, if nostrils dont alternate dominance normally thats bad for your health

predominance of left nostril leads to asma and predominace of right one to diabetes

i have left predominancy and i cough a lot, also you can tell im a right brainer

the theory of the septum captum is dismissed because at night just before i sleep is my right nostril the dominating one

well since nobody practices yoga ill ask a friend who does

edit:

though i think you find the answer for me thanks a lot, putting a little coton in your dominant nostril
I bet if you plug both your nostrils and cease breathing till the desire to do so goes completely away (usually shortly after passing out) that would solve all your problems.
wow ive just had an idea for an amazing original poll but i dont want to get banned so youll remain uninformed

do you pick your nose?

i do but for what ive seen im the only one no better way to find out than an anonimous poll

i bet is a completely new question and interesting on the net but the atmosphere here of left brain dominance doesnt allow for the originality of a right brainer
Quote from lerts :wow ive just had an idea for an amazing original poll but i dont want to get banned so youll remain uninformed

Oh noes!1!. :sadbanana

Quote from lerts :do you pick your nose?

i do but for what ive seen im the only one no better way to find out than an anonimous poll

i bet is a completely new question and interesting on the net but the atmosphere here of left brain dominance doesnt allow for the originality of a right brainer

I lold.
Don't forget to also add the options for people to state on which side they pick their noses.
And which finger they use.
Quote from lerts :normally one nostril is partially blocked and the other free, this is related with the brain hemisphere youre using

Only if you got snot for brains.

It just means your renal cavity is not symmetric, which is pretty typical. You could try washing it out with sea-water. If you're not up to taking a dive in January then mix up some salty water and snort that for a change. Don't get it down in your windpipe, just use it to flush out your sinuses.

Proper breathing exercises will help you use your diaphragm more and assume you have a clean nose.
Quote from lerts :predominance of left nostril leads to asma and predominace of right one to diabetes

WTF are you talking about?, predominance of breathing through the right nostril leads to diabetes, are you completely insane?
The concept of nostril dominance has never occurred to me. Now that I think about it, I eat and write with my left nostril, but I golf with my right nostril. I'm ambi-nostrous!
Quote from lerts :i bet is a completely new question and interesting on the net but the atmosphere here of left brain dominance doesnt allow for the originality of a right brainer

IMO to find out who pics his nose is really not interesting and I don't think that it will change the face of humanity and stop being so arrogant in such a stupid fashion. I agree on the fact that Einstein and all the great minds where ridiculled by humanity but there were some people that appreciated them. In your case, i would start to consider that I really might be just mentally challenge when I'm the only one that thinks that I'm smart and the rest of the people think I'm a nutjob.
Sounds to me like a deviated septum.

I've got one myself. My septum goes to my right, but I too can feel it shift about inside my sinus.

Either you've been smacked in the hooter hard, got a wonky head or have consumed too much nose candy.

Visit to the doctor will sort you out
Quote from danowat : are you completely insane?

Did you expect anything else? This is lerts, remember
If you stop breathing, the problems will go away...
dont you read the thread, ive been suggested to stop breathing at least 4 times

i have got not a deviated captum because then i would never breathe doiminating the right nostril, in fact before i get to sleep this last 3 days that i checked my right one was dominating

actually this means im well on my path to enlightening cause thats the ideal breathing,just as me day dominating left nostril and night dominating right one, which is unusual cause most people switch dominance evry 3 hours:

"f) To whatever degree possible, the left nostril should be operated during the day and the right between sunset and sunrise - except when specific jobs requiring the other nostril are undertaken. This synchronizes the organism with the type of energy most predominat on the planet. The day is more hot and solar, so the cooler nostril is used; and the reverse for the night."

form here:

http://www.indiadivine.org/art ... th-in-Ayurveda/Page1.html

here they also explain exactly what i was asking(blocking the dominant nostril with cotton didnt work):

"c) Breath may be changed from one nostril to the other by lying down on the side of the operating nostril with a pillow placed under the ribcage (to stimulate nerves which play an important role in breath). Change, in healthy organisms, occurs within three to ten minutes."

some tweak games to be uber i tweak my body to achieve enlightenment, since a kid my favourite movie is the razors edge with gene tierny, its about a guy that like me searches enlightenement

edit:

wow i just tried the pillow trick and it worked, it reversed nostril dominance, maybe yoga holds some truth
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS
Damn I must be seriously ****ed up then, I have asthma and various other respiratory allergies but breathe almost exclusively through my right nostril. (when I have the luxury of even using my nose that is)
..shouldn't I be diabetic instead?

And how on earth do I manage to live through the day without left nostril breathing?
Must be doing a "specific job requiring the other nostril" however vague that is.

Thanks Lerts, u made me realize how urgent it is for me to find extraterrestrial explanations for these anomalies in the balance of the universe.
I think this might be of interest to you: http://improbable.com/ig/

Especially considering the fact that the person who likely started the whole idea of nasal cycle and hemispheric alternation being related in recent times (who is clearly inspired by yoga*) by publishing this has won such a prize in 1995.

* his website is http://www.theinternetyogi.com

Talk about unbiased medical research. Don't forget to buy his CD, or his book, or his DVD, or a poster of his face. Any money given to him helps your breathing. Honest.
Quote from Dajmin :You don't KNOW?

My gf does, but the breathing is secondary to the stretching and bending. Pilates is the breathing-focused one.

you missed the joke completely didnt you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG