The online racing simulator
Modeling LFS cars event?
(24 posts, started )
Modeling LFS cars event?
Hello guys!

I have a idea. We can make a event of modeling LFS cars. For example: "The best XFG modified"

1 week for modified the car,
with some areas:

Best paint job
Best body kit
Best scene
Best render

We can make rules like "photomode competition" For example: Only can use your own job.

C&C plz!

Sorry for my bad english.
#2 - JJ72
argh that would be a great past time in x'mas.

everything has to be original, maybe except the basic stuff like tire texture.

a lx4 competition would be great, since it can be made into a racer, a gand tourer, a classic model of even off roader.
i'll in! but one week for a new bodykit, a scene + special paint(new skin) isn't enough maybe two
and everyone needs too post a clay render or a screenshot from the camera view and a wire render or screenshot from the cameraview and renders what doesn't higher then 1024*768 because someone needs a lot of hours to do it, others needs some minutes
Me and BMWe30 had this idea a few months ago, there's even a topic about. I'm still up for this, it might make me finish off some of the things I've started too.

Two weeks would be a better time frame for this too, I'm not a fast worker and a lot of others won't be as fast as the guys who have been doing this for a couple of years or more.
and! you can't use the models what you posted here before, and another models, so you need to do all of the scene from the basic car!
Ok when I say 1 week was ONLY AN EXAMPLE. I think (my opinion) no more 3 weeks.

We can make the rules toguether.

The imagen side I think will be 1024 x 768. and a little preview (to post it directly on the text area)

@tikshow: I agree, but excluding tires for example (like say JJ72)

@Gustix: It´s true. Or 2 cars on the scene to show both car sides.

@LineR32: I dont copy your idea man.

This will be a good competition.

Quote from Gustix :I'm 100% in

about render size - i think there no need to be limit

+ i think we should allow more than 1 render , coz maybe i made some awesome exhaust and intercooler which i cant show in one render

That's just my point of view

1 car in 4 different angles. so a total of 4 screenshots that would be good, isn't it?
just my suggestion either

And another suggestion, how about putting the details of modification added in a stock car, and what kind of render program used.
(e.g. 3Ds MAX Brazil, 3Ds MAX Vray, Blender)
Quote from Deejayyaj :1 car in 4 different angles. so a total of 4 screenshots that would be good, isn't it?
just my suggestion either

And another suggestion, how about putting the details of modification added in a stock car, and what kind of render program used.
(e.g. 3Ds MAX Brazil, 3Ds MAX Vray, Blender)

Yes, Good Idea, We will know the program, engine render, Render time, time doing the work. yes I agree.

The winner can choice the theme and car for the next event following the same rules acepted for all.
Good point Gustix.

Idk but in my opinion I think we will use only a 3d program (but it´s coz I´m not good on photoshop) (I´t my opnion)

We will wait what say the other ppl.
i think it's too easy too put a car on a picture then render it, but you can use a picture for the environment, it'll for the best model(if i know well ), not for the best scene or the best after effect, but this is only my opinion, so you can use ps for the basic after works, like adjust the saturation, the levels, the colors etc., you can post renders with after effect but i think this it isn't the point of this challenge
i am just in

waiting for first topic to make scene
Background image? how about a little suggestion...? lets say in a competition mode or from the beginning of the competition, maybe it is better to set the back image or the environment to default studio, then when there's a winner in the first competition, then the winner will suggest a background image or environment for render on so on... well this depends on the winner for what idea is in his mind

(e.g. Highway run, so then participant will google a highway road)
(just like this)

But for me it is better to set the background as default studio render.

coz thats the way you see the cleanliness of a
rendered or work of art.
#13 - JJ72
i rather have more artistic license.
-
(Deejayyaj) DELETED by Deejayyaj
agree i can't generate shadow on "nothing" at the moment with vray like you can do it with brasil
-
(okijuhans) DELETED by okijuhans
Quote from Gustix :Hey how about brakes?

its really hard to model them for me.
I modeled once them and i dont want to model them again

maybe tyres and brakes can be used like allready modeled model?

Just asking

you can model it, if you have time for it, but if you show the car full size, we can't see how hard did you work on it so a basic one is enough i think, and only the caliper is hard a bit
yes, but i didn't make the rules only opinions
We make the rules. I will make a list of opionions and ideas in one post. And that will be the rules.

But what about judges?
Put them to a vote, like the edited pics comp.
LFS Modeling Event:

Hello modelers.
Have 3 weeks to modeled one car in 4 angles and one scene whit a theme selected for the winner.

Areas of the event:
Best paint job
Best body kit
Best scene
Best render

Rules:
- Only can use your own job (excluding some things like tires for example)
- Resolution 1024 x 768 and a little 400 x 400 to preview.
- Can use any 3d program and engine render
- Can use an enviroment but only for the sky (it´s coz you need modeled the scene too) and post a prints screen from the viewport or post a render with a basic (clay) material.

Plz Coments and critics. This will be a final rules if you like.

Sorry for my very bad english.
+post a prints screen from the viewport or post a render with a basic(clay) material, just for sure, he/she wasn't use a background pic
Good point. Done
-
(KanseiDneova) DELETED by KanseiDneova
someone need to start it

Modeling LFS cars event?
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG