The online racing simulator
Christian Racers Unite
(61 posts, closed, started )
Christian Racers Unite
A new Christian LFS web portal has been established at www.revelationracer.com . Please sign up and give us your feed back on how you would like to see the site evolve.
I before E except after C... and except in "weird"
Sorry ???
just noticed a few misspellings on the page you linked to
Not 'gunna register because I don't do religion. But the website looks cool, bar the wall of text. Nice banner at the top.

Reason I'm not going to register is because every single group with a large proportion of 'Christain' users I've been a part of (for example the shockawenow dude from Youtube) have always tried to sledgehammer their believes onto me. I say I've had a bad day at work, and they say it's "God punishing me". I feel upset and they say it's "Jesus tears weighing me down", or something else like that.

I'm not predjudice but don't like peoples opinions forced down quite so rudely upon me.
Hiya S14Drift

Plans are to keep it light and friendly. No preaching allowed. There are so many branches of Christianity, everyone has their own version of things, so best to keep it simple.

There will be sections of the forum that may be dedicated to Theological Discussion, but in game preaching will not be allowed. It will be your choice to be part of Christian discussion.
I'm joining rael01.
Quote from website :But here, we seek to identify what is common to our beleifs, and know that the end of the current system of things is near, and a new system with Jesus Christ as its King is about to begin.

I think you mistitled your website. Shouldn't it read www.revolutionracer.com?

I take that from the section you invited we non-christians to read. Also, re the typos, just read it, they're obvious.
Quote from zeugnimod :i'm joining rael01. :d

+1 :d
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken : Bit too trollish.
#11 - pipa
Quote from NightShift :I don't quite get it - as long as his revelationist racing doesn't create any issue with your lives, why not simply carry on?

He's not trying to convert anyone, only announced his initiative. You're not interested? well, ok. Neither am I. I don't usually bother posting in every thread I'm not interested in - quite the contrary. So do you, I suppose.

The worst you can say about it up to now, it's the thread could probably fit better in Teams instead...

You hit the nail exactly on its head.

Feel free to mention you have a new team or initiative or anything. Welcome to LFS. But the general discussion section is not the place to do so. I'm moving this thread to the teams section.

As for all the people who don't agree with them. Feel free to discuss your thoughts on religion on a place that is suitable to discuss. That's not here. This is a forum for a racing simulator. What we do here is race simulated vehicles so what we talk about here is cars and simulations. We haven't called our sim Live for Religion in which case this would be a good place for religious discussion.

As for all those who seem to have a problem with religion, again I say this is not the place. We admins and moderators don't really feel like moderating your religious debates which can very easily go way out of hand. I'm sorry to say but we have better things to do with our time.
"[T]he sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken. . . . They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. . . . I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. [Emphasis added.] " Matthew 24:29-34

"This generation" refers to Mathew's generation, 2000 years ago. Jesus isn't coming back to destroy the world. He didn't then (when the Bible actually said he would) and he won't any time soon, sorry to disappoint.

Victor: I have to disagree. This kind of cult-belief is dangerous, and the brainwashing starts when some fairly innocent looking thing like this is accepted. People should be able to voice their disapproval. If you don't want people doing that on the forum, fair enough, you're the boss ... but then delete the whole thread. Don't just leave the invite to join the nutty brainwashing racing league and then forbid people to voice their disapproval.
Why is it so hard for agnostics to understand the concept of religion having a big part in somebodies life. I find the comments and respect given to Aptitude are very very disappointing. All he's got so far is negativity and sarcasm. I find this lack of respect disgusting and ignorant. He hasn't set out to ruffle any feathers he's simply taken time and effort into catering for a portion of the LFS community which clearly IS there.

Good on ya Aptitude. I support those with ultimate will power and courage. Others may not and I just don't see why so many negative comments are thrusted towards the OP.
Quote from BlueFlame :Why is it so hard for agnostics to understand the concept of religion having a big part in somebodies life. I find the comments and respect given to Aptitude are very very disappointing. All he's got so far is negativity and sarcasm. I find this lack of respect disgusting and ignorant. He hasn't set out to ruffle any feathers he's simply taken time and effort into catering for a portion of the LFS community which clearly IS there.

Good on ya Aptitude. I support those with ultimate will power and courage. Others may not and I just don't see why so many negative comments are thrusted towards the OP.

I'll tell you why agnostics don't accept it: because it's very dangerous and stupid. Did you ever read the bible?
Quote from Ikaponthus :I'll tell you why agnostics don't accept it: because it's very dangerous and stupid. Did you ever read the bible?

Your opinion says that it's dangerous and stupid. Everyone believes in SOMETHING if god is that persons SOMETHING, then so be it, it doesn't bother me.

I've not read the Bible, I've not read the Qur'an either. It would only matter if I was prejudice against religious people but I'm not, I don't need to read their book. It's not going to make me go against them. At the end of the day your belief is your belief you either get taught it by your parents, or you develop it through your own life, nothing or nobody is going to change what that person wants to believe and don't even get me started on big bang theories.
Thanks Blue Flame, hope you drop by some time.
Thanks also Ikaponthus, I hope to see you drop by sometime also, im sure I can point out the flaw in your argument.
I registered, the skins look really good.
Good stuff ...
The forum is up so lets get the discussion happening.
Quote from Ikaponthus :
Victor: I have to disagree. This kind of cult-belief is dangerous, and the brainwashing starts when some fairly innocent looking thing like this is accepted. People should be able to voice their disapproval. If you don't want people doing that on the forum, fair enough, you're the boss ... but then delete the whole thread. Don't just leave the invite to join the nutty brainwashing racing league and then forbid people to voice their disapproval.

Ya....except he's not exactly preaching. The minute he starts preaching this response is warranted. But he's merely establishing a team that is centered around Christianity. That's hardly what I call "converting". Those who are religious are allowed to join and those who aren't are allowed to ignore this thread or team without the possibility of the team harassing the "non-believers"

I see absolutely no problem here except your biased response

Quote from Ikaponthus :I'll tell you why agnostics don't accept it: because it's very dangerous and stupid. Did you ever read the bible?

Subjective

You sound like an atheist, not an agnostic. Agnostics are the middle ground between religions and atheism or the middle ground between different religions. Atheist reject any theories of a life beyond biological means

I am an agnostic. Now I'm not atheist which everyone confuses the two for some reason, so I dont necessarily believe that everything is biological.

I dont understand why atheists are so critical of agnostics and or religious believers.

Atheist: Is there proof that there is a God?

My Agnostic response: Is there proof that there isn't a God?

I mean dont atheists pride themselves in forming conclusions that are purely based on fact? I'm pretty sure there isn't a scientific study purely based on fact that disproves the theory or idea of a higher being

Quote from aptitudex :Good stuff ...
The forum is up so lets get the discussion happening.

Sorry for the hijack, i just dont understand why religion is such a volatile subject these days. As long as either sides, the believers AND the atheists dont have a self-righteous attitude, I really dont see a problem. Discussions sounds nice I might just join to have a chat

Also good luck with the team
Thanks Lizardfolk.
Your exactly right ... when theres a choice, religous beleifs are fine, but when someone rams it down your throat its counter productive.

On our site, religous discussion is in an optional area, and anyone preaching in the General LFS forum area will be repremanded.
Quote from aptitudex :Thanks Blue Flame, hope you drop by some time.
Thanks also Ikaponthus, I hope to see you drop by sometime also, im sure I can point out the flaw in your argument.

I'm sure you can't point out a flaw in my argument. The only defence religious people have is that it's open to "interpretation". Give me a break. It's very clear in what it says. It's in plain black and white. If you think it's open to "interpretation" then you're kidding yourself.

Quote :Exodus 35:2 - For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

How do you interpret that?

What about this...

Quote :Leviticus 20:10 - 20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife - with the wife of his neighbour - they must both be put to death

Or this one, regarding the fate of a girl who has been raped...

Quote :Deuteronomy 22:20-1 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.

You see, you religious types don't even read the book you pretend to believe in. If that's God's word, I don't want any part of "God". And don't tell me it's "open to interpretation". There's nothing to "interpret" about it.

It's all either God's word, or it's not. If you consider yourself a "moderate" Christian (which, going by your web-page, you clearly do not), then let me ask you one question ... who are you to say which part is God's word and which part is not? Which part of the bible is "right" and which part is "wrong"? How do you know?

If you wonder why I'm so against it all, it's because it's not only brainwashing nonsense, it's also so dangerous. It causes wars and has done for 2000 years.
Quote from Ikaponthus :Victor: I have to disagree. This kind of cult-belief is dangerous, and the brainwashing starts when some fairly innocent looking thing like this is accepted. People should be able to voice their disapproval.

What you seem to be missing is that as soon as you turn someone with religious beliefs into a martyr, just because of those, you've lost whatever battle you were trying to win.

Want to voice your disapproval? There are much pressing issues in society itself beyond LFS.
Gotta agree with lizard here. The OP isn't preaching, he's just offering a place for likeminded LFSers to congregate. I'm an atheist myself and this doesn't bother me one bit.
This thread is closed

Christian Racers Unite
(61 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG