The online racing simulator

Poll : Which input device do you use for LFS?

Wheel, 900° or more, 3 pedals, H-shifter (like G25, Porsche or custom made)
Wheel, 180° to 270°, 2 pedals, seq shifter/paddles
Wheel, up to 900°, 2 pedals, seq shifter/paddles (like Driving Force GT or Pro)
Mouse
Wheel, less than 900°, 3 pedals, H-shifter
Gamepad (analog)
Keyboard only or digital device (joy, gamepad)
Wheel, less than 180°, 2 pedals, seq shifter/paddles
Joystick (analog)
Something totally different (like telepathy or voice-recognition)
I will buy Porsche 911 Wheel
Quote from Bandit77 :you do know that you can pretty much get along without ever touching the rudder-pedals in any plane, do you? [/smart-assing]

Talking about mouse-steering and planes: I remember trying to fly planes in FS2 with the mouse on an Amiga back in the 80s. Baaah... something really ugly is the fact that it doesn't center itself - same goes for LFS.

I hate games and devices that use mouse and center themselves
It's just terrible, I need to keep constantly moving the mouse otherwise it will just stop and center itself...
GTA SA have this problem...
720degrees(not more, not less) wheel. 2 Pedals. No shifter(yet). I used voice reconation once. 'TROTTLE! BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE LEFT TROTTLE RIGHT LEFT NO I MEANT RIGHT!!!! *boom*. And sometimes i use a Logitech vibrator.
Logitec Driving Force EX here, 180 degree turn radius and shifting by buttons behind the wheel.
Quote from Bose321 :[...]
I used voice reconation once. 'TROTTLE! BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE LEFT TROTTLE RIGHT LEFT NO I MEANT RIGHT!!!! *boom*. And sometimes i use a Logitech vibrator.

:ices_rofl
I'm REALLY laughing out loud here... Too loud to be honest, there are 3 closed doors between me and my parents and I almost woke them up (it's 6:34a.m.)
Haha, voice xD
Seriously, does that even work?

I would love to try that, but I would just end up swearing so much the wheel would go insane and crash.
Quote from Ikaponthus :If you can drive well with that, I'd hate to have to race you if you ever got yourself a good wheel/pedal setup!

I don't think being fast with a mouse automatically means that one is so much faster with wheels and pedals.
Joypad for now, previously a wheel with less than 180 turning.

I'd take a G25 though if anyone wants to give me theirs They just don't seem to be coming down in price at all. I'd even happily accept a DFP.
Quote from Bandit77 :you do know that you can pretty much get along without ever touching the rudder-pedals in any plane, do you? [/smart-assing]

Hmmm... Maybe on a perfectly calm day (0 knots wind). Then you'd need to be towed from and to the parking lot. The landing field better be wide and long. Of course if you have a wonderful autopilot then you don't need other than a cigar, a bottle of single malt whisky, and a good book.

A race where everyone had 720º and H-shifter with clutch would be nice.
Wacom Pen Tablet

No, just a joke, DFP here.

But it actually works pretty good to drive with a pen tablet Still better than a keyboard for me
#61 - 5haz
I have an ancient Microsoft sidewinder wheel that is broken but with working pedals, and a Thrustamster PC/PS2 plastic piece of crap wheel (270 degrees) that has broken pedals but a working wheel (only just), so I use a combination of the two.

Saving up for that G25

I might try steering by moving my head with the TrackIR 3 just for fun, I tried flying a plane in IL2 with it and failed miserably.
Microsoft Sidewinder Standard joystick.

Not because I want to, but because I have to.
I have a Logitech G25 (900 degs, 3 pedals, H shifter), but I use my mouse most often.

The G25 is awesome, but I only have one computer, and it's too much trouble to take it out of the box and set it up every time I wanna play a quick round of LFS. And I can't leave it on my table, as I have to use the computer for other purposes too... It makes typing very awkward and takes up a lot of room.

It almost seems I would need a completely dedicated computer/room for LFS to be able to use the wheel at all times... =/
Quote from shurcooL :I have a Logitech G25 (900 degs, 3 pedals, H shifter), but I use my mouse most often.

The G25 is awesome, but I only have one computer, and it's too much trouble to take it out of the box and set it up every time I wanna play a quick round of LFS. And I can't leave it on my table, as I have to use the computer for other purposes too... It makes typing very awkward and takes up a lot of room.

It almost seems I would need a completely dedicated computer/room for LFS to be able to use the wheel at all times... =/

ah just leave it on your table, i have it too and it doesnt affect my typing
I thought I was going to be the only one using a joystick...

I'm using my own prototype clutchshifter joystick...

...not because I have to, but because I want to...

http://clutchshifter.rediske.de
Quote from G!NhO :ah just leave it on your table, i have it too and it doesnt affect my typing

Well, I'd have to slide it off to the side so it's not in front of the monitor anymore. Problem is, my table doesn't really have much room (left), so there isn't really anywhere to slide the wheel over to. Plus I'd have to hide the pedals somewhere as well (so I can sit normally without them getting in the way).

Plus I don't really wanna have the thing get all dusty and dirty by sitting outside and not being used most of the time. I usually play LFS a little bit every now and then only. Quite casually...

As it is now, I usually take the wheel out every couple months for like a few days and keep it there, until I totally get it out of my system and put the thing away again. :P So it's always a blast when I do use it.
I also dont really have a big desk, but i always have it like this and its not "annoying" me.

Lewl LFS right by the door. "Hello"

"One moment I am drifting my XRT!"
thats the backdoor :doh:
You bloody idiot! That's the place you throw out the girls after you have ****ed them all night! Now that you smartass have puted everything in it's path you will be freaking screwed all over when your parrents next time caughts you trying to escape with a girl!
Quote from G!NhO :I also dont really have a big desk, but i always have it like this and its not "annoying" me.

Not bad, but note that you have a "two level" table. Mine is just one flat surface, with nowhere to stick the keyboard under the table.

I'm also not sure how you can use your mouse when it's in front of your keyboard. Mine has to be on the right side. I do play some FPS games occasionally as well.

Doesn't seem like there's much leg room either. :/

All in all, even with a desk like yours, I wouldn't be able to keep the G25 attached permanently. >.< I would need something like this and a separate computer + monitor in front, heh.
Logitech MOMO Racing here...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Lewl LFS right by the door. "Hello"

"One moment I am drifting my XRT!"

G25 is so beautiful too bad that here it costs 360 dollars and i only have 60 dollars saved, i have to
Quote from The Very End :You bloody idiot! That's the place you throw out the girls after you have ****ed them all night! Now that you smartass have puted everything in it's path you will be freaking screwed all over when your parrents next time caughts you trying to escape with a girl!

Always keep a shovel in your garden. :hide:

Quote from [plidex : mateo]
G25 is so beautiful too bad that here it costs 360 dollars and i only have 60 dollars saved, i have to

Look around, I'm sure you could get it cheaper elsewhere.
Lol, ye ok that solution works too

Meh.. want to try G25 myself.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG