The online racing simulator
New useless app made by me...
(98 posts, started )
Actually i agree 100% with you. the ONLY downside in real physics is the engine part...

UPDATE>>> first post
Hey nice progress since the first version! Doriftooooo!!!
Any updates?
I'm on the work of implementing some real physics, thats why the delay for the next update. I think this is a project that i might not let forgotten =D. And i haven't forgotten, when i release the new physics i will release the source code also.
if you turn and brake at the same time, when you stop it goes CRAZY!
What's up?
yeah hows this goin? it still entertains me for some readon
#58 - Migz
This looks pretty cool

May i ask what this is coded on/in?
Quote from Migz :This looks pretty cool

May i ask what this is coded on/in?

im guessin on a pc
#60 - Migz
:/ !!!! SERIOUSLY, Dudeee !!! I thought it was done on a calculator!

Now more seriously.... What language was it coded in/ or what programme was it coded on?
I coded in C++ with Code::blocks using MinGW compilator. Also used Allegro graphic library for the.... graphics.
And now i am releasing the alpha of the alpha.... check first post.
Quote from Calvinaquino :UFO has arrived and placed this text here.

Car isn't moving in new version, what is with it?
Quote from Shadowww :Car isn't moving in new version, what is with it?

Forgot to mention, pressing I for starter engine.
Any updates?
Quote from Shadowww :Any updates?

I'am reworking the engine codes. It's alot tougher than i expected. and my cousin just developed an equation to simulate a torque curve more realistically.
but its not very playable right now..
And after this my next goal is to port this into XNA.
updates? :P
Yes!! now the map is bigger! but the game is also. I am using a very sucking background scrolling technique so the car now stays in the center and you drive around a small track the size of 3072x2304. but that map is 20meg in size. The physics part is untouched, but i got some formulaes that i want to implement to make use of tire loads and all that complecs stuff(witch ill make les complex since this is not a simulator xD).
the track is only a green field with a gray line that you drive on. there is no grass detection YET. there is no lap counter YET.(hell i had to rework some stuff just to get the track scroll xD)
some problems im finding:
-wheel drawing: the front wheel seems to have a larger track than the back ones
-braking, turning is shit. the v²/r lateral g formula is giving me weird feedback.
braking is very linear, the mrt is showing negative weight transfer heh...
-engine acceleation is on the works. but i need to find some info about engine inertia and general engine torque generation...

by the way the mrt is functional... but it feels slow. on the other side the BF1 is reaching 420+ topspeed!!! unless someone can tell me the exact frontal area and the formula 1 drag coeficient so i can check with true values. right now im getting an aprox.(i wish i could get that info for all the cars)

thats it.
can you kill the yellow menu background? It hurts my eyes nvm wrong version
Tried this out for 3 minutes, noticed the wheels on the fzr was a bit off, and also it would not go back to menu when pressing Q, the screen would just flicker, if you know what i mean. If i held in the 'Q' button i could see the menu, like as if half the frames were the menu, and half was from the parkinglot.

Also, nice little project this, from what i have read this is just an experiment for your own sake mostly, however i think it's awesome that you keep it open and share it on the forum! I've only had one semester C++ programming in the school, barely touching the basics, but you're code was actually (almost) understandable for an amateur like me!
No problem! I also think that any expert coder that sees my code will maybe notice some mistakes if not many. The code is not very optimized because im interested in making this special project work first. Then ill optimize.

I left the code open because i think this comunity is very receptive and i t might help others to start something like this. i killed myself making this, but now i look back and all that was dificult is writing the right functions...
For starters i recomend using allegro, it easy and if anyone want some beginner help, i can help.

About the flikering bug: i fixed it in my version but my version is too big to upload. its over 20mb! im working on reducing the size at the moment.

EDIT: i'll comment the code.

The reason the FZR wheels are off is because i havent implemented the right track and wheel base measurements.

AND if someone has a picture of a small circuit, size of 3072x2304, i might be interested =D
any updates?
Yes and no =D im on vacation but will come back tho this app in feb. Not that its soo important heh...
hm neat 560 lateral gs
im thinking the physics could use some work
The lateral G bug is due to a real world formula not implemented correctly xD
Anything new?

New useless app made by me...
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG