The online racing simulator
There's people with much luck, founding a €3 million Bugatti

A classic Bugatti car, which gathered dust in a Tyneside garage for almost 50 years, may fetch up to £3m ($4.35m) when it goes under the hammer.

Relatives of reclusive Newcastle doctor Harold Carr found the 1937 Type 57S Atalante in a garage after he died.

Now the classic car, thought to be one of just 17 built, is to be sold by Bonhams in Paris next month.

It was originally owned by Earl Howe - first president of the British Racing Drivers' Club.

Dr Carr, a former army surgeon, left the contents of a lock-up garage to his family when he died in 2007.

As well as the Bugatti, his nephew also discovered a classic Aston Martin, and a Jaguar E-type in the lock-up.

The nephew, an engineer from Newcastle, said: "We just can't believe it.

"Of course we're delighted and we're going to make sure the money is shared out among the family. It's a wonderful thing to leave."
Only 17 Bugatti Type 57S Atalantes were built.

Earl Howe took delivery of the sporty two-seat Atalante after it was completed in 1937 and kept the car for eight years.

After Earl Howe sold it, it changed hands a couple of times before Dr Carr bought the car in 1955 from Lord Ridley, a member of the Northumberland gentry.

He drove the car for the first few years, but in 1960 it was parked in his garage where it remained until his death.

James Knight, international head of Bonhams' motoring department, said: "I have known of this Bugatti for a number of years and, like a select group of others, hadn't dared divulge its whereabouts to anyone.

"It is absolutely one of the last great barn discoveries.

"The Atalante is incredibly original and, although she requires restoration, it is 'restoration' in the true sense of the word.

"It offers a truly rewarding project to the new owner - who will join a select list of distinguished owners - to play such an integral part in bringing this wonderful motor car back to life."

The car has a remarkably low mileage with an odometer reading of just 26,284.

The Bugatti 57S is a highly coveted car by collectors, with at least four thought to belong to the Musee Nationale de L'Automobile in Mulhouse, France.

Others remain in the hands of private collectors.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/7807210.stm
If I sold it, I'll use that cash to buy iRacing (and a hi-tech gaming computer.)
If I sold it I'd start a racing career, buy a house, a car and give some to my mom, dad, bro's and sis and then invest the rest to get some cash in while I spend .
.... Yeah..

And all I get is a cookie and £5 when someone in my family dies. (Not that I wish people to die so I get money), but sometimes life is just unfair.
I would sell it and give money to charity..NOT
Me and my dad would just restore it and drive it on sunny days and oldtimer meetings
Hm, but you could buy a Veyron for the price of this. Or a new Reventon...

Driving old cars to meet up on a field with a burger van and people with beards and adenoids problems is not my cup of tea.
them old ladies with their granny pants would like you... No serious. Why would you sell such a piece of history to another rich prick to showoff another million dollar car in his collection? Selling and donating to charity? Don't think so: Donate so we can build a waterwell, a million dollar well? Yea right up my arse they can go with the well. No just keep it and you own your very expensive piece of automotive history
lol tbh i dont know if i would be able to bring myself to sell it lol, its such a butifal and rare car i wouldnt be able to let it go, but reading some of the comments there i can see there being some huge greed fights in that family

oh and scrabby, love the avatar
Quote from Scrabby :them old ladies with their granny pants would like you... No serious. Why would you sell such a piece of history to another rich prick to showoff another million dollar car in his collection? Selling and donating to charity? Don't think so: Donate so we can build a waterwell, a million dollar well? Yea right up my arse they can go with the well. No just keep it and you own your very expensive piece of automotive history

How about sell and buy something you actually want...
Oh that's just disgusting.. If I ever see you in RL I'm bitch slapping you. D:
Quote from s14 drift :oh that's just disgusting.. If i ever see you in rl i'm bitch slapping you. D:

+1
i would sell the aston martin and the jaguar and with that money restore it, every millionaire can have a veyron, and it sucks
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Hm, but you could buy a Veyron for the price of this. Or a new Reventon...

Driving old cars to meet up on a field with a burger van and people with beards and adenoids problems is not my cup of tea.

How could you possibly choose a Veyron over a proper Bugatti (and an Atalante at that!)? One is one of the greatest touring cars of all time and a genuine work of art. The other is a bulbous overpowered Volkswagen thats only party trick is that it goes quickly in a straight line, and makes you look like a total cock.

True enthusiasts appreciate vintage cars, the VSCC has a large number of significant F1 and other top flight engineers among its active members
Quote from ajp71 :True enthusiasts appreciate vintage cars

exactly

if the veyron had an engine with 600hp and costed €500.000, nobody would like it, because it's very heavy, boring to drive, and FUGLY :P
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Hm, but you could buy a Veyron for the price of this. Or a new Reventon...

But who would want to buy a Veyron over a rare, classic Bugatti?
hmm my newspaper said that it is actually worth € 6mil and that the guy who died knew the car was there and deliberately gave the garage, including the cars, to his niece/nephew because he just didnt have any close relatives

never trust the press
Ohh this, a really strange car, hehe, and i heard that it´s value really is €12 million, is that true? because it could break all the records with that price .

Adolfo Herrera.
Quote from Fastwalker :hmm my newspaper said that it is actually worth € 6mil and that the guy who died knew the car was there and deliberately gave the garage, including the cars, to his niece/nephew because he just didnt have any close relatives

never trust the press

yeah, maybe, but it depends on how bad shape it is, one of these in perfect conditions is worth €8 million

Quote from ADOLF1612 :Ohh this, a really strange car, hehe, and i heard that it´s value really is €12 million, is that true? because it could break all the records with that price .

Adolfo Herrera.

mm i don't know, i think that you are confusing this bugatti with the bugatti type 41 royale

EDIT: it can really reach any price, this is a unique opportunity to all the collectionists that want one of these babys i read a post directly of a guy that said that he has tryed to buy it but they won't sell it directly, they are going to auction it next month in Paris in Bonhams Auction
if id get this much money, id put a 2 millions waiting i nthe bank till im old. charity 0e
bros and systers, they could spare 100k
mom 400k
dad 400k
myself, 100k for use
I'd have the veyron too. Much rather air con and a decent radio over some old car
Quote from ajp71 :How could you possibly choose a Veyron over a proper Bugatti (and an Atalante at that!)? One is one of the greatest touring cars of all time and a genuine work of art. The other is a bulbous overpowered Volkswagen thats only party trick is that it goes quickly in a straight line, and makes you look like a total cock.

True enthusiasts appreciate vintage cars, the VSCC has a large number of significant F1 and other top flight engineers among its active members

Because that's what I prefer, and I don't need nobody to come and criticize my opinions.

And as I said, I'd rather mingle with playboys with Yachts worth millions of £ than hang around with a man with a beard that stands there saying "oh where's my magneto unit gone to" with adeniods.

Mookie247 - Thankyou!

Because W4H, I like all the modern cars over the older ones. Sure the older ones may be nicer to look at, but who the **** buys a car to leave it in a garage and not use it? That's worse than letting cars let this get to this state anyway imo.

I'll take my Veyron (and maybe an F40 with the change) anyday over this, and both would be used regularly.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG