The online racing simulator
Horn??
(15 posts, started )
Horn??
Im sure that one of the horn sounds always used to be a siren, but now there isnt one, just normal horn sounds, and the one old car horn kind of sound. I dont know when it went away but i only just recently noticed, when a few of us were doing cops and robbers one day and i couldnt find the noise. I know that i can just replace the horn sounds myself and have whatever i like but obviously nobody else online will hear it, they will hear their sound files. Does anyone know where it went??
#2 - G!NhO
Quote from danthebangerboy :Im sure that one of the horn sounds always used to be a siren, but now there isnt one, just normal horn sounds, and the one old car horn kind of sound. I dont know when it went away but i only just recently noticed, when a few of us were doing cops and robbers one day and i couldnt find the noise. I know that i can just replace the horn sounds myself and have whatever i like but obviously nobody else online will hear it, they will hear their sound files. Does anyone know where it went??

the "old horn" is the standard one, the sirens sounds are not standard.

maybe with an update it got overwritten.
Normally when there's an update, either with a new car/track (such as the Scirocco test patch thing), it overwrites everything in the data folder, instead of just adding the new items, iirc.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Normally when there's an update, either with a new car/track (such as the Scirocco test patch thing), it overwrites everything in the data folder, instead of just adding the new items, iirc.

That's incorrect sorry. Patches only add the new items. That's why they are only small like 1.6MB in size.

Last time the horn sounds were updated was when they were converted to from RAW to WAV sound, back in Dec 2006 ~U35. Since then there has been no horn updates in any of the patches, 'cept for the U >> V patch.

Perhaps you got a bit confused once and downloaded the whole version and forgot to re-update the siren horn at that point.
The Z# test patch (the first one, anyway) overwrite all of my textures (for cars and tracks),
Yep, the Z patch did the same to me, imagine mt surprise when i put my old dds files back, to find things like front grilles on the back seats of an XRT!:eek:
How on earth did the test patch do that? It's only 1.6 MB

Z3 patch (the first one after the first Z dedi patches) only had these files:
DISCDRILLEDALP24.dds
DISCSOLIDALP24.dds
FBM_rims.dds
LOGOALPHA.dds
WHEEL.dds

Here's where it all went wrong for you danthebangerboy >>> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1008586#post1008586
Maybe this is where you lost your siren horn.
You didn't read, did you? "The Z# test patch (the first one, anyway)"
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
The first one, wtf? First release or first test patch?

You mean the first test patch or the first version of the Z version? You actually said "test patch" of which the first client test patch was Z3.
  • The first version of Z has all files, it's a 130 MB download.
  • The First test patch of Z is called Z3 and is about 1.6 MB
"The Z# test patch (the first one, anyway)" could be translated as either of the above. So I read it, but it makes no sense. Sorry. Sorry for confusion.

Edit: This is how I define it...
Z Official - The full release of the official Z update (135 MB)
Z Update - The automatic small update from Y to Z version (13 MB)
Z Test Patches - anything after Z official released in the test patch thread (each one 1.6 MB)

Danthebangerboy:
Anyway I think the you got messed up on the test patches, redownloaded the full version of Z official and copied that over your LFS installation, thus losing the siren sound.
The new test patches have overwritten my High Res textures somehow

Now all the tracks are back to normal with only little bits with a high res texture on it
The first pest patch which included the CMX files for the Scirocco which also included all dds files for most cars/tracks. Not sure about sounds but it wouldn't suprise me.
Thats where my stripped out interiors went then.
Yup, that's how I learnt, Dan.

>_<
Quote from S14 DRIFT :The first pest patch which included the CMX files for the Scirocco which also included all dds files for most cars/tracks. Not sure about sounds but it wouldn't suprise me.

Apologies, but that's not quite correct. The first Z test patch didn't include CMX files. That CMX viewer was a completely separate download - LFS_VIEWER_6A.exe - and didn't contain any track texture dds's, mainly just car interiors, default skins and sky files.

Niether the Z test patches or the CMX viewer(25 MB) has any sound files.

Please don't take any offense, I just don't like to see incorrect info posted because then others read it and get the wrong idea.
Yes - I meant that. I was just testing you....

:hide:

You know what I meant though

Horn??
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG