#1 - Mrwei
How about put 3D glass on while playing LFS
It works???

Some one know this?
i think nobody knows what u want

That i know.

Please make a clean question that we understand waht u want
Actually I understand his question very easy
What he asks for are if there are 3d-glasses support for LFS, and if it works.

As far as I know there are no support or feature for this, but there might be some add-ons by people that allows this.
I think he means these..

I've tried shutter-glasses by eDimensional (which were really cheap, about 20 Euros) some time ago. If you own a Nvidia card, you can get the drivers here www.nvidia.com/object/3d_stereo.html (or take a look at the mtbs-forums www.mtbs3d.com ) .
As far as I know Ati cards don't support shutter glasses or any stereoscopic output so far. The 3d-effect in LFS is really great, but I couldn't race for more than 20 minutes because of massive headache-issues.
It depends on what kind of glasses you're using.
If you use the old nvidia ones then they'll work as the 3d part is done in the drivers, and doesn't require gaming support.

Don't know about others, but chances are they can hook into DirectX and render 2 frames. One for each eye. In other words... Just try it out or read reviews about them...

If you're talking about the blue-red glasses, then no. They won't work.
Quote from TagForce :...
If you're talking about the blue-red glasses, then no. They won't work.

There's an anaglyph-option in the Nvidia stereo3D drivers, so it should work without any problems
Attached images
yb_anaglyph_set-up.gif
I tried it with Red/Blue glasses and the old nVidia driver. It works but it isn't very comfotable. Since your focus is on the track in front of you, looking at the speedo is quite difficult, also the weird colors from the glasses could cause you headache.
I remember Trackmania having such an option
Is that the same effect?
I've tried/used the eDimensional glasses 2 years ago. The best effect was with 3D-shooter. LFS was great as well, but too exhausting for longer races.

One precondition for the 3D glasses is a CRT monitor. Since I have the LCD-Monitor the "3D world" is over for me now...

But there are some LCD monitor on the market since some months which are able to produce the same effect. But I have no idea if they work together with LFS.
Quote from Stefani24 :I remember Trackmania having such an option
Is that the same effect?

Yep, I remember that too.
That was the first thing I was thinking about when clicking this topic!
小心眼睛看晕了
我试过,不过那玩意挺便宜的,500多,淘宝上有卖
除了眼睛晕外真的找不到别的优点,全当晕车吧
Quote from Stefani24 :I remember Trackmania having such an option
Is that the same effect?

Yes, it's the same effect, can be done with nVidia drivers, and it's configurable for each game, this means one can set up his own sense of the 3D world (more/less "3D") and the distance from his eyes to the screen too. Except that in trackmania the game loses a lot of fps, and using nVidia driver (as far as I remember) it doesn't .
I don't have the correct glasses for doing so, though
I've always wanted to use these, but they don't sell these things in Brazil..

@ Zimmi: why does it need a CRT screen? I don't see why it wouldn't run fine on a LCD one, since it's basically red and blue (or other colors) around things that should be 3D...

@ mheee: I don't speak chinese
PS:
Quote from mheee translated text by Google :Careful eye fainted
I tried, but那玩意very cheap, more than 500, have sold Taobao
In addition to the eye halo other things really do not know the advantages of full-motion sickness when you

@Velociround:
the CRT screen flickers in the same frequency as the 3D glasses (shutter glasses - real colors! No red/green glasses) in order the right and left eye can receive separate picutres. THe human brain compose both picutre to one and create the 3D effect out of it. The problem is that the LCD screen dont flicker any more.

The system for LCD-screen work very differently...
Quote from Zimmi :@Velociround:
the CRT screen flickers in the same frequency as the 3D glasses (shutter glasses - real colors! No red/green glasses) in order the right and left eye can receive separate picutres. THe human brain compose both picutre to one and create the 3D effect out of it. The problem is that the LCD screen dont flicker any more.

The system for LCD-screen work very differently...

This Wikipedia article basically says (in other words) that if a LCD monitor can do "the transition" in 8.33 ms it should be compatible ("work") with shutter glasses. LG says my LCD monitor does this in 3ms. Will I be able to use shutter glasses or this doesn't matter, and I need a specific monitor to be able to use it?
My monitor model is L226WTQ
I didn't know of this shutter glasses method before, I only knew about the Anaglyph one.. but the shutter looks a lot better..
you best bet would be 2 beamers with polarisation filters (ie the imax way)
iirc quite some time ago someone here posted about having built this kind of setup in his living room

you might also be able to use the shutter driver and a dlp beamer to replicate the way dolby 3d works
Quote from mheee :小心眼睛看晕了
我试过,不过那玩意挺便宜的,500多,淘宝上有卖
除了眼睛晕外真的找不到别的优点,全当晕车吧

Quote from babelfish :
The careful eye looked that fainted I to try, but that gadget was very cheap, more than 500, washed on the treasure to have sells fainted besides the eye really cannot find other merit, when all carsickness

meh i dont like 3D things, makes my dizzy
#18 - senn
wow both of those translations are really different to one another, and neither makes any sense :P
you must be feeling dizzy all the time then
sorry everyone i'd like to say mother tongue to my compatriots
so i use some chinese
while you want to know what i say, tell me, and i'll translate it
Quote from mheee :小心眼睛看晕了
我试过,不过那玩意挺便宜的,500多,淘宝上有卖
除了眼睛晕外真的找不到别的优点,全当晕车吧

let me translate it:
the 3d glass i have uesd, and it's cheap only cost 500 chinese yuan,about aus $100,you can buy it on ebay
in my opinion,it makes me faint and dizzy ,while i play with it ,it seems that someone take the car which i drived
-
(Furiously-Fast) DELETED by Furiously-Fast
It used to be pretty awesome. I have the eDimensional ones.

You need this setup to use 3D glasses:
  • CRT monitor capable of at least 120Hz (if using shutter glasses)
  • Geforce 6 or 7 series nVidia graphics card
  • Older graphics driver from MTBS (need registration to download, free) or Guru3D
  • Windows XP
  • The glasses or 3D monitor obviously
Microsoft mostly killed all 3D support with Vista except for anaglyph (red/blue glasses). The only driver updates that support all types of 3D are from third party sites mentioned above.
Quote from Fastwalker :meh i dont like 3D things, makes my dizzy

The old blue and red 3d glasses use to annoy me but now at the movies they have new glasses that look like those old school nerd glasses but the lenses are tinted like sunglasses (black) and the 3D is perfect without any headaches! I watched a movie in 3D with them at the movies it was fine. I wonder if they'll start making them for games and all heh.
Quote from Shotglass :you best bet would be 2 beamers with polarisation filters (ie the imax way)
iirc quite some time ago someone here posted about having built this kind of setup in his living room

you might also be able to use the shutter driver and a dlp beamer to replicate the way dolby 3d works

i think i know the guy you are on about, hes the one who gave me my race frame, he showed me the setup and he used 2 projectors one on-top of the other and 3d glasses
and sat in the middle of the room on the race frame

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG