The online racing simulator
Rfactor graphics
(37 posts, started )
Rfactor graphics
hello all,

Got my new computer and trying a few "sims" at the moment,downloaded Rfactor today and wow graphics are shit even on ultra ?? why are the screenys so good ?

this is my spec computer

Hp pavilion elite M900 series

Brand HP
Model HP Pavilion Elite M9373 Desktop PC
Hard Drive Capacity 4GB
Processor Type Core 2 Quad Q9300
Processor Speed 2.5GHz
Ram memory 4GB
Optical Drive Type CD/DVD
Graphics card GeForce 9800 GT.
Operating System Windows vista home premium
USB port Yes
Keyboard Wireless
Mouse Wireless
Wireless Networking Yes
duo core

why is this ??
Quote from LFSn00b :Have you changed ingame settings?

Options > Display

Here's my settings and I think they look okay.

AMD Athlon 64x2 +4000 Dual core @ 2.7GHz
2GB RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 512MB
Vista SP1

Plus open up rfactor config in root folder, it's called rF Config.exe. You can set the DirectX level, AA and resolution there

yep mate changed ingame settings too ultra but nothing changed compared too my old PC,I'm using 22" HD screen maybe res ??
Also, what tracks & cars are you using?

HistoriX @ Mid-Ohio will look a lot better than the rTrainer @ Toban.
You might also want to pick up some improved track textures (SLN's are excellent) and some of the updated shaders that are available.
have it thanks people,now just trying to install cars and tracks cannot locate the folders grrrr
Quote from LFSn00b :Vehicles:
rFactor/GameData/Vehicles

Tracks:
rFactor/GameData/Locations

"league" files:
rFactor/rFm

Cheers buddy but for some reason I don't have locations in my game data folder ?
LFS looks mutch more better that Rfactor imo!
#9 - BAMBO
Quote from BAMBO :Don't start it, please!

Lol im not starting anything

Just hate it when people bash everything other than LFS - for me every sim has it's good point's and it's bad point's

Edit: On My Machine with CTDP F1 2006 and their Bahrain track rFactor look's amazing.

Everything maxed apart from shadow's with 4x AA and 8x AF.
I was going to make an original Outrun mod for rFactor. But the physics engine wasn't good enough

*runs away screaming happy new year*
rfactor is lacking in dynamic shadows and lighting. also, i'd like to see more skillful shader usage. Look at games like far cry 2 or Crysis (soft shadows)

It'd be great to see LFS step it up in the graphics department. I been meaning to disable one of my cores and see how that affects framerates. but I'm sure someone else here has already done that.
Quote from mclarenmatt :Don't make me laugh.

I'm not saying this as a "LFS fanboy" or something, but I actually do think that LFS looks better than rFactor.
rFactor can look fairly good in a good track, but it's the colours, the whole game looks like a cartoon or something. I think lighting in LFS is a lot more realistic looking.
rfactor looks crap without "mods"
also, the way the cars interact w/ the track sometimes looks very unrealistic
Quote from mclarenmatt :Don't make me laugh.

I didnt mind to dl any mods or anything for my demo and rFactor looked ugly damn pure ugly
lfs with high-res things looks awesome imo ful AA/AF damn lfs looks good..

if you lought you fail imo!
Ha on u
Quote from floodan :I didnt mind to dl any mods or anything for my demo and rFactor looked ugly damn pure ugly
lfs with high-res things looks awesome imo ful AA/AF damn lfs looks good..

if you lought you fail imo!
Ha on u

Lol ok mate.

You only had the demo, so you can't exactly give a full opinion can you if you haven't even purchased it and downloaded any mod's, track's etc.

So i think the HA is on you.
no ha on me
I just had demo
And people call me a lfs fanboy... Show me an unedited screenshot of LFS that looks better than this?

I think rFactor graphics are also down to the mod yo choose to display.
CTDP (i think thats the name) is one ofm if not, THE mod for rFactor.

And you might want to fix your Hard Drive capacity... 4GB?
Quote from Gabkicks :And people call me a lfs fanboy... Show me an unedited screenshot of LFS that looks better than this?

I can't explain this really, but I have noticed that rF can look very good on screenshots, but somehow when you put that all in motion it starts to look stupid. With the cartoonish way I was talking about.
Those look like cartoons, how can you say that looks good? :/

LFS doesn't have that good graphics, but surely it looks better than that?
Quote from tristancliffe :I was going to make an original Outrun mod for rFactor. But the physics engine wasn't good enough

*runs away screaming happy new year*

:o That would have been awesomeo though. (Even though I don't play rTractor)

Gabkicks, if all you look for in a sim is graphics, then may I suggest GT5 or something on a console.
Quote from Gil07 :Those look like cartoons, how can you say that looks good? :/

LFS doesn't have that good graphics, but surely it looks better than that?

I think it's because the image was shrunk down so much
Quote from Gabkicks :rfactor is lacking in dynamic shadows and lighting. also, i'd like to see more skillful shader usage. Look at games like far cry 2 or Crysis (soft shadows)

You're comparing 4 year old game to a 2 year old game. rFactor does have dynamic shadows (certainly better than LFS), they're just not very cooperative when they're trying to display on the object that caused them.

Rfactor graphics
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG