The online racing simulator
DirectX
(4 posts, started )
DirectX
Im hearing more and more about DirectX10 being really good, and that it is also available for XP. I am currently running DirectX version 9.0c (feb 2006)

Would it be worth me upgrading to DX10, bearing in mind i only play LFS. Or if not, does anyone know of an updated DX9, because as the version i have is nearly 3 years old, im thinking it may be a little out-dated.
i think it dont matter if when you even play lfs.
but if you want to play new games i would upgrade to dx10

if lfs runs good with the dircetx version you have now, then leave it at ther i would say.

never touch a running system
Quick answer: Don't bother / impossible / forget it.

Long answer:
I seriously doubt there is such a thing as DX10 working on XP. Maybe something more or less similar was achieved and they used clever wording to make it sound like that but as far as I'm aware there is no DX10 @ XP.

Now, even if it hypothetically were possible, you'd first need two things
1) a DX10 graphics card
2) a LFS version that supports DX10

LFS is currently running in DX7/8 mode, it's not even close to using DX9's or even DX8's full capabilities. Please also consider that DirectX is basically just a collection of functions that programmers can use to render graphics. A newer version gives the programmers more possibilities to render these graphics and makes some special effects run faster due to technical improvements. You cannot simply go "lets use DX10!" - it needs to be implemented by the programmer. Using DX10 doesn't automatically mean better graphics either, it just gives you more possibilities to render better graphics.

A newer DX version is basically like buying a bucket of nicer looking paint and a more efficient brush, but without applying the paint to the wall not a thing will change.

DirectX
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG