The online racing simulator
Quote from Lateralus :Lateralus
S2 License: Lateralus
Starting Number: 14
I'll be there on Saturday.

If any other info is needed, please PM.

Welcome aboard ! Practice Practice Practice ! FRO|FormulaRacing|1GP is set to the combo. Hop in and practice.

I also need your real first and last name, so we can have it for commentary and in-game name.

Qual starts at 8.40 a.m. NC time (EST).

d
Let me in!!! :)
HM|P3TE
S2 License: peterules
Starting Number: 333
I'll be there, practice starts for me tonight .
Quote from hyntty : Please do use a real name (on race day the format is somewhat TeamTag F.Surname )

This is because we intend to broadcast these racers live. I'll also put up an another thread for some other personal details (for the commentator, naturally)

Quote from hyntty :
Would you mind editing your posts to include your first names as well. It's bloody annoying to only know the initial

Quote from dekojester :
I also need your real first and last name, so we can have it for commentary and in-game name.

Yes, and I hope, for the commentators sake (sometimes me) that its a nice and easy last name :P I had trouble last time with some of the names
Yes, and I hope, for the commentators sake (sometimes me) that its a nice and easy last name :P I had trouble last time with some of the names
Did you happen to know my name is 'Timo Huennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeinennnnnnnn'?
Eh?
My name is P3TE pronounced same as pete but i have infact got the "e" reversed on my real driving licence... any issues contact the DVLA lol ;P
I edited my first post with the relevant information.
Quote from Lateralus :Lateralus
S2 License: Lateralus
Starting Number: 14
I'll be there on Saturday.

8:40 AM on Saturday! Jeez

I'm not in a team. Will I be assigned one? What is the name format I should use? Should I use a certain skin? What is the race format?

You won't be assinged a team, unless a team that has an open slot wants you in. Otherwise, you're considered a oneGP VIP.

During the qual/race, your name should be [quote][VIP]E. Brown[/quote]

You don't need a particular skin.

13.40 UTC (8.40 am) is when qualifying starts. It's 25 minutes, open track. You must make a pitstop before telepitting/spectating. Once you're into the pitstop for a couple seconds, you can spec, you don't have to let it finish. If you're stuck on track, alert me, and I will manuall send you to pits. No limit to laps in qual.

Race starts with a standing start. Pitstop required. Safety Car deployments a possiblity. During an SC, pits stay open. Check the rules for more details.

d
Where can I find "the rules"?

EDIT: OK I found the rules on the formularacing.org website, but they didn't answer a couple questions I have regarding this event:

Will there be a formation lap before the race?

Is there a driver's briefing before the start of quali? Do I have to do anything before showing up on Saturday?
Quote from Lateralus :Where can I find "the rules"?

EDIT: OK I found the rules on the formularacing.org website, but they didn't answer a couple questions I have regarding this event:

Will there be a formation lap before the race?

Is there a driver's briefing before the start of quali? Do I have to do anything before showing up on Saturday?

Rules should be a sticky thread in this fourm.

No formation lap, No laglap.

No real driver's briefing before qual starts. If there are any announcements I need to make, I make them. I ask for questions before start of qual and start of race. There's usually a 5 minute break between qual and race.

Just practice. Other than that, nothing you really need to do before showing up. I'll PM the password Friday evening.

d
OK, thanks. Question regarding safety car rules: when the "Caution - Safety Car" announcement goes out, is the race off immediately, or do we continue to race until we pick up the SC?
-
(Lateralus) DELETED by Lateralus : stupid question
Quote from Lateralus :OK, thanks. Question regarding safety car rules: when the "Caution - Safety Car" announcement goes out, is the race off immediately, or do we continue to race until we pick up the SC?

There is to be no overtaking when SAFETY CAR DEPLOYED appears. You are to continue at a reduced pace, and prepare to drastically slow at any point in time. Once you catch the SC queue, you're to hold station. Don't do any run ups and brake checks, we can't have the field being constantinaed up. Keep an eye on your surroundings. Easy on, easy off the throttle, easy on, easy off the brake.

Once you see "Green Flag", go for it. No overtaking until the start/finish line.

You can see the track status(Green/Yellow/Red) and pit status (Open/Closed) at the bottom center position of your screen. I use burnsy's Race Control app (which was basically a request of me and New Dimension Racing after our Kyoto 250.) Pits will only close during qual, and in the event of a red flag. You can enter without penalty, but if you entered a closed pit, it'll penalise you on exit.

d
Still room to join?

S2 License: Naamavelli
Starting Number: 91
Welcome!
can i join in league too?

S2 License: hamzeh_s
Starting Number: 6
Quote from hamzeh_s :can i join in league too?

Well yes and no. The season has already ended, so you'll have to wait for the 2009 season.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG