The online racing simulator
Quote from Storm_Cloud :TC is not only a driver aid, it is a setup option. If you have to turn it off on exit of turns then you haven't set the diff or TC correctly.

Up to a point, I usually turn it off when coming out of a chicane, like at BL1. Normally the TC would kick in when bouncing over the kerb, but when TC is off, you end up coming out of the chicane with an extra 3/4mph. You only need to watch Pearcy's BL1 WR to see that.

But anyway, as long as you turn it off at the right time, the small amount of wheelspin that is generated gives the car more momentum and can make you faster.....
#102 - AMB
True, since doing that trick my PB at BL1 came down from 54.1 to 53.7 obviously not only doing that trick it's just because of practice but it helps.
BL1R - agreed by most
SO4R - I love that one, but setup needs more work
SO5 - ok ( no TC in this one? )
FE3 - ok
FE4 or FE4R - Rev is rather easier, but last chicane kills susp, or you need to aproach it slower, I prefer Rev
AS3 or AS3R - Aston National definietly, rev sucks
AS4 - strange choice, but setup for that will be interesting
AS5 or AS5R - Normal is more interesting ( no TC in this one? )
AS6 or AS6R - can be rev for a change
KY2R - my fav
KY3 - Curse that one....
WE1 or WE1R - i vote for WE1

I wont be at home from tomorrow till porobably next monday, no testing unfortunately ;/
Quote :I wont be at home from tomorrow till porobably next monday, no testing unfortunately ;/

Look forward to seeing back at the track Wiz!

Hope you all have a great XMAS oneGP'rs

See ya soon!
Best, Maz
Quote from AMB :True, since doing that trick my PB at BL1 came down from 54.1 to 53.7 obviously not only doing that trick it's just because of practice but it helps.

not only there you saw with me on Fe gold that split 1 and 2 is basicly faster without TC aswell,

if yo guys implant some rule for a non TC season i might think about participating

fe3
we1
as5
ky2
so5
bl1
Ask some LFS programmers to shrink the rear wing and flat up the front, fit FZR tyres instead of current slicks and use NOS mod as KERS Thats the biggest suggestion

P.S Accept it as joke, i don't have anything serious in this suggestion
Quote from TexasLTU :P.S Accept it as joke, i don't have anything serious in this suggestion

As your pic is Al Bundy i couldn't think of having anything serious in that post
Here's a provisional calendar for 2009 Season.

All race distances listed are based off of the minimum number of laps to exceed a 230 km race distance. Time limits will be officially determined one week prior to the event. The formula will be ((WR x 105%) x Laps) + 10 minutes. This takes the laptime that is 105% of the WR and multiplies it by the laps scheduled, and adds on an extra ten minutes. Any remainder will be rounded up to the next minute.

Round Date Track Laps Time Limit (Approximation)
1 27.03.2009 BL1R 70 4384.5s = 73.05m = 1h14m
2 05.04.2009 AS4 29 3729.1s = 62.15m = 1h3m
3 19.04.2009 KY2R 46 4116.7s = 68.61m = 1h9m
4 03.05.2009 WE1R 45 3765.3s = 62.76m = 1h2m
5 17.05.2009 SO5 75 5000.25s = 83.34m = 1h24m
6 14.06.2009 FE3 66 4423.38s = 73.72m = 1h14m
7 12.07.2009 BL1 70 4341.5s = 72.35m = 1h13m
8 26.07.2009 SO4R 58 4944.778s = 82.41m = 1h23m
9 09.08.2009 FE4 35 4409.05s = 73.48m = 1h14m
10 23.08.2009 AS3 42 4028.04s = 67.13m = 1h8m
11 06.09.2009 KY3 32 3852.48s = 64.21m = 1h5m
12 20.09.2009 WE1 45 3731.1s = 62.19m = 1h3m
13 04.10.2009 AS5 27 3997.14s = 66.19m = 1h7m

Now, I will gladly reconsider the time limit factor, but I do wish to have a time limit. I seemed to recall the average laptimes of the frontrunners to be fairly close to WR on average, and figued offhand while doing the schedule that 105% would be a good figure. I could increase this to 107 or 108%, but I don't think any more than that would be needed. But for sure, I'd say what I have currently listed is a decent representation of how long the races should take on average.

I'm 99% certain that TC will NOT be forced off, I'll leave it to driver preference. If we try some TC-banned races, they'll be late in season, and only if there's a cry for them.

All dates above are on Sundays. I'm thinking of around an 1900 GMT start for qualifyiing, and the qual would run 20 minutes. After qual, the race would start at 1930 GMT. I reckon that this would put it decently after F1, and early enough to where we wouldn't all be up too late for those in Europe. An hour or two later I reckon is also doable. I consider there to be a "Sweet Spot" where the average dinnertime would be in the middle of the Atlantic so we could have decent involvement from both those in Americas and those in Europe. That's what time I'm trying to hit with the above itme.

I'm also thinking of making qualifying be no telepitting or spectating until session done, similar to how IGTC did it last season (from what I remember). You may start whenever you like, but you must make a pitstop for fresh tyres or damage repair. Once you telepit or spectate, you are done for the session.

Also, considering assigning pits for the season. one team shares a pair of garages/pitstall. The join race garages are not included, but a pit stall or garage to return to during session or session end is what will be assigned, or the pitstall for team. Teams that participated in 2008 season that enter 2009 season will get assigned in rank of Team finish last season. Further teams will be slotted in behind, in order of entry. The First garage stall for standard reference will be the one closes to pitlane exit. For garages with number signs, those will be correlated accordingly in the round's pre-race thread. For garages without, a system of cones or chalk line numbers will be used to indicate. Images will be provided to aid in planning.

Probably will make the schedule official in mid January, and start accepting team applications shortly thereafter.

Rules will come out just after the new year

d
Sounds good deko :up:

One last thought on the safety car and I dont think Im alone: If there isnt a dedicated driver to compliment yourself (or you focus on driving and someone else directs) during races that can lap quickly and safely I think the SC should be left out.
Quote from dekojester :Here's a provisional calendar for 2009 Season.

All race distances listed are based off of the minimum number of laps to exceed a 230 km race distance. Time limits will be officially determined one week prior to the event. The formula will be ((WR x 105%) x Laps) + 10 minutes. This takes the laptime that is 105% of the WR and multiplies it by the laps scheduled, and adds on an extra ten minutes. Any remainder will be rounded up to the next minute.

The bit making the races slightly longer is okey. But maybe a fixed maximum duration would be easier to the competitors. Generally I like having a Time Limit. This way an Event stays overviewable.
Quote from dekojester :

Round Date Track Laps Time Limit (Approximation)
1 27.03.2009 BL1R 70 4384.5s = 73.05m = 1h14m
2 05.04.2009 AS4 29 3729.1s = 62.15m = 1h3m
3 19.04.2009 KY2R 46 4116.7s = 68.61m = 1h9m
4 03.05.2009 WE1R 45 3765.3s = 62.76m = 1h2m
5 17.05.2009 SO5 75 5000.25s = 83.34m = 1h24m
6 14.06.2009 FE3 66 4423.38s = 73.72m = 1h14m
7 12.07.2009 BL1 70 4341.5s = 72.35m = 1h13m
8 26.07.2009 SO4R 58 4944.778s = 82.41m = 1h23m
9 09.08.2009 FE4 35 4409.05s = 73.48m = 1h14m
10 23.08.2009 AS3 42 4028.04s = 67.13m = 1h8m
11 06.09.2009 KY3 32 3852.48s = 64.21m = 1h5m
12 20.09.2009 WE1 45 3731.1s = 62.19m = 1h3m
13 04.10.2009 AS5 27 3997.14s = 66.19m = 1h7m

Nice carlendar, although I must say, that AS7(r) is missing there. But that's just me.
Quote from dekojester :Now, I will gladly reconsider the time limit factor, but I do wish to have a time limit. I seemed to recall the average laptimes of the frontrunners to be fairly close to WR on average, and figued offhand while doing the schedule that 105% would be a good figure. I could increase this to 107 or 108%, but I don't think any more than that would be needed. But for sure, I'd say what I have currently listed is a decent representation of how long the races should take on average.

I'm 99% certain that TC will NOT be forced off, I'll leave it to driver preference. If we try some TC-banned races, they'll be late in season, and only if there's a cry for them.

Good decision.
Quote from dekojester :
All dates above are on Sundays. I'm thinking of around an 1900 GMT start for qualifyiing, and the qual would run 20 minutes. After qual, the race would start at 1930 GMT. I reckon that this would put it decently after F1, and early enough to where we wouldn't all be up too late for those in Europe. An hour or two later I reckon is also doable. I consider there to be a "Sweet Spot" where the average dinnertime would be in the middle of the Atlantic so we could have decent involvement from both those in Americas and those in Europe. That's what time I'm trying to hit with the above itme.

It should not get any later then 2000UTC/GMT. 2000UTC/GMT means 2100CET, 2200EET. As it is on Sundays any later time would be nasty for many Europeens.
Quote from dekojester :
I'm also thinking of making qualifying be no telepitting or spectating until session done, similar to how IGTC did it last season (from what I remember). You may start whenever you like, but you must make a pitstop for fresh tyres or damage repair. Once you telepit or spectate, you are done for the session.

Yes would be great and should be done in LFSCART aswell, and in the other NDR Leagues as well. Just to get everything on the same level.
Quote from dekojester :
Also, considering assigning pits for the season. one team shares a pair of garages/pitstall. The join race garages are not included, but a pit stall or garage to return to during session or session end is what will be assigned, or the pitstall for team. Teams that participated in 2008 season that enter 2009 season will get assigned in rank of Team finish last season. Further teams will be slotted in behind, in order of entry. The First garage stall for standard reference will be the one closes to pitlane exit. For garages with number signs, those will be correlated accordingly in the round's pre-race thread. For garages without, a system of cones or chalk line numbers will be used to indicate. Images will be provided to aid in planning.

Probably will make the schedule official in mid January, and start accepting team applications shortly thereafter.

Rules will come out just after the new year

d

Okey I cannot immagine how it will look like exactly. But I will try to speak with some in the German community and maybe entering a team under the name of the German community.
SO4R?

Bad Track IMO, absolutely no-where to really overtake.

I'd put SO4 and then make the SO5 reversed maybe. Even thats not ideal but meh

And IMO put one of the Aston tracks reversed, then we'll get the final chicane backwards, which will be interesting
Course theres losts of places to overtake, i can think of two really good ones within 20 seconds of each other. Don't forget two long straights for some slipstream action. Should be good fun.
Well T1 possibly, but you'll struggle to go two wide through there, then the next corner possibly, but again not 2 wide - i doubt the BF1 has enough lock. And then thats about it.
#115 - AMB
I want all no tc races
SO4R is a fine track. It's no bad thing to have a track where it is hard to overtake.
Quote from J@tko :Well T1 possibly, but you'll struggle to go two wide through there, then the next corner possibly, but again not 2 wide - i doubt the BF1 has enough lock. And then thats about it.

No true, ill prove it with someone later if you want... T1 is a very good overtaking spot and so is the last corner, so we have the last corner, the back straight, T1 and the straight leading to SP1, so 4 prime overtaking spots within 40 or so seconds all after each other, seems good to me, you can always slip up the inside during the middle sector too, all they need to do is get a bad exit/run wide and you'll be in. In other cars like the XRG it is pretty hard, well it was at SO5R anyway, but in the BF1 it should be pretty easy.
Quote from tenmantaylor :Sounds good deko :up:

One last thought on the safety car and I dont think Im alone: If there isnt a dedicated driver to compliment yourself (or you focus on driving and someone else directs) during races that can lap quickly and safely I think the SC should be left out.

Because the race is at a more Godly hour this season, it should be easier to get an SC driver. My usuals were always away when I needed them. I will probably search for an SC driver just for oneGP who can wheelman the FXR round at fast-pace.

I might consider a blanket time limit, but the current formulaic method will stay.

And I'm NEVER going to put the AS final chicane in reverse for BF1s - Well, unless I get unanimity that everyone wants the race to last 1500m before 90% of the field bins it.

d
So, does this calendar fit with LFSCART running the day before?

What time is LFSCART going to run?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :So, does this calendar fit with LFSCART running the day before?

What time is LFSCART going to run?

LFSCART will probably run at 1900 GMT Saturday. The first two, one of the middle rounds, and the last two are not concurrent with LFSCART due to a couple reasons. The June event (I believe there is only one oneGP race in June is because that's our Master Oval Month. LFSCART has Kyoto SpeedWeeks and then we have the Kyoto 500. The Kyoto 500 takes massive effort when it runs in June to finish entrys and run qualifng. So that's the reason for that break. The other one is the AS National round, which LFSCART has as rev, but I fear seeing a massive pileup in T1 lap 1, which wouldn't be good for anyone.

d
I did have a thought about the AS Nat. round. It will be equal to the oneGP round. I'd like to do ad-boards for all LFSCART and oneGP rounds, including individual per race Event logos. I mean only if you are interested. (some of them are released in the LFSCART Mediathek)... one thing to get a thought on might be the set of sponsors to be used but well it's a time until then.
Quote from dekojester :Here's a provisional calendar for 2009 Season.
Now, I will gladly reconsider the time limit factor, but I do wish to have a time limit. I seemed to recall the average laptimes of the frontrunners to be fairly close to WR on average, and figued offhand while doing the schedule that 105% would be a good figure. I could increase this to 107 or 108%, but I don't think any more than that would be needed. But for sure, I'd say what I have currently listed is a decent representation of how long the races should take on average.

I'm happy that we've developed that, thanks deko.

Quote from dekojester :

I know that its all reasonable and probably a best time for poeple who work and from America and probably for all but damn, thats bit too late for me:P i'll have to talk with my brother because pc is in his room and i ussually learn for monday at this time or atleast have a shower. Shame that Saturday was occupied, but ok if its good for all.
Quote from Garfild12 :I know that its all reasonable and probably a best time for poeple who work and from America and probably for all but damn, thats bit too late for me:P i'll have to talk with my brother because pc is in his room and i ussually learn for monday at this time or atleast have a shower. Shame that Saturday was occupied, but ok if its good for all.

It's always fun to try and schedule events in LFS to fit everyone. Saturdays are often filled with many leagues on the same day, so that's partly why I made this attempt to plonk oneGP on Sundays. Saturday am/early afternoon was flippin' inconvenient for a lot, and I reckon that that had a big impact on grid sizes.

It's a fine art, that no one has yet seemed to master.

d
Sunday evenings are generally Ok with me, as i can stay on til about 9:30PM GMT, but it may get tight when we switch to BST, however we could just move the races an hour back to accomodate this?

Also, the high amount of AS races looks fun, as AS5 is my home track ([TC] CityDriving Montana is based their, so i can do it quickly with a layout, and quicker without)
AS4 is a bugger though, that corkscrew is deadly if you get it wrong or go into it fractionally too fast.

Also, another TC Teammate is considering entering with me in [TC-R2] as a permanent team, with the option for one of us to stand in for Crazy or Thatguy if they're missing (i'll point him the in the direction of this thread )
Quote from Davidos93 :Sunday evenings are generally Ok with me, as i can stay on til about 9:30PM GMT, but it may get tight when we switch to BST, however we could just move the races an hour back to accomodate this?

Also, the high amount of AS races looks fun, as AS5 is my home track ([TC] CityDriving Montana is based their, so i can do it quickly with a layout, and quicker without)
AS4 is a bugger though, that corkscrew is deadly if you get it wrong or go into it fractionally too fast.

Also, another TC Teammate is considering entering with me in [TC-R2] as a permanent team, with the option for one of us to stand in for Crazy or Thatguy if they're missing (i'll point him the in the direction of this thread )

Too late, been watchin this thread for awhile now

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG