The online racing simulator
Just came 2nd of FE1 at UF-BR ! 33 Points

Its not that often that I don't fail that much :P
Quote from zeugnimod :I agree with Joris.

Obviously, when someone has 40% or more there probably is something wrong with his driving but a driver with a ratio of 15% isn't necessarily cleaner than a driver with a ratio of 20%. IMO.

That's my point, someone with 15 or 20% yellow is a cleaner driver than someone with 40%.
I'm not arguing about 5 procent.
Quote from Demon68 :That's my point, someone with 15 or 20% yellow is a cleaner driver than someone with 40%.

Ah, then we actually agree.
Quote from zeugnimod :I agree with Joris.

Obviously, when someone has 40% or more there probably is something wrong with his driving but a driver with a ratio of 15% isn't necessarily cleaner than a driver with a ratio of 20%. IMO.

Totally agree with that. I think this puts it in the right perspective.
Quote from Demon68 :That's my point, someone with 15 or 20% yellow is a cleaner driver than someone with 40%.

i dont agree but meh
Quote from JO53PHS :Just came 2nd of FE1 at UF-BR ! 33 Points

Its not that often that I don't fail that much :P

How the hell? I've just won one and got 12 pts....
i was reading somewhere that higher-ranked players who join lower-classed servers get less points. dunno if that's true or not.
Quote from bunder9999 :i was reading somewhere that higher-ranked players who join lower-classed servers get less points. dunno if that's true or not.

It is but I think they both got the same license.

I'd guess it was because of the amount of drivers who started the race and/or because of the places gained and/or because of yellow flags caused.
I'm Silver and Toki's platinum.. or something
I've been in races on ctra1 starting at the back and got a 60%yellow flag ratio while having the cleanest no contact enjoyable race..... thats why I got 60%.
I wish some CTRA user's would stop number crunching and just ENJOY It for what it is.
Regularly see very fast drivers with all the right numbers who I would not want to race if you paid me, and some with 'terrible stats' who gave me goosebumps with there car control and awareness in the course of a race.
I'm not questioning that your not a clean driver, but please can you explain a yellow flag ratio of 60% to me? I'm not a fast driver and spend a lot of time racing mid-field and strive to race as cleanly/realistically as possible (I'd prefer to stay behind a slightly slower driver than make a do or die lunge to gain a place and spoil the racing) and have a lowish yellow flag ratio. A few nights ago it was bloody mayhem on the UFBR server (a lot better now ) and thought that a 20%ish yellow flag ratio was easily attainable by a reasonable driver and made a light-hearted suggestion. Personally speaking I still think you could have a yellow flag system that penalizes poor driving at any rank of driver and make racers more responsible for their actions (faults in yellow flag system permitting).

Nigel
I'll make this my last post and crawl back into my hole until next Christmas. I don't know if I'm making more of this than there is, but yesterday, the UFBR server went from low numbers/good racing to high numbers/midfield chaos again. I love racing on the CTRA servers and think they are a great addition to LFS, so to see bigger fields equal poorer racing standards is a shame.

Saying this might be out of bounds, apologies if it is, but in my opinion one driver last night should not get the grace to continue racing on CTRA servers until a pending report reaches the top of the pile. (UFBR DEC 27 race ending 2100).

All that said, keep up the good work Sam and team and good luck for the New Year

Nigel.
#63 - Dru
Quote from JohnPenn :I've been in races on ctra1 starting at the back and got a 60%yellow flag ratio while having the cleanest no contact enjoyable race..... thats why I got 60%.
I wish some CTRA user's would stop number crunching and just ENJOY It for what it is.
Regularly see very fast drivers with all the right numbers who I would not want to race if you paid me, and some with 'terrible stats' who gave me goosebumps with there car control and awareness in the course of a race.

Your profile has you down as 14%

http://www.raceauthority.com/stats/?licence=JohnPenn

If you are looking at 60% from a daily thing that means as little as you've caused or been involved with (including slowing down and avoiding) 3 yellow flags over a 5 lap period...
Quote from arrowkart4 :+2 to restrict it to bronze. having nubs that cant drive on the server aint good

i'm afraid i have to + on this too, which is odd, considering i earned my bronze solely from UFBR... there's just too many accidents right now... i filed a report the other day, and i'm considering filing another one. i'm not the cleanest or fastest driver, i'll admit that... but people just can't watch where they're going... i hate getting slammed into from behind because i was slow, or pushed off the road by jerks because i just happen to be going slightly faster than them.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :For me, +1 to restrict the server to 20 drivers

No way, there's nothing worse than joining a server, only to be told "Race is full", I think it should be raised to 30.

Also, I think the standard in Race 1 is better than in Race 3. It seems it is too easy to get your silver, gold & platinum licences. It was a great feeling for me getting my platinum licence around a year ago, but looking back now, I was way too inexperienced to be competing in GT1s with a grid of around 20.

So, I was thinking, that it should be harder to get to your silver licence. From your silver, you will be restricted to FXO(maybe with a restriction?)+RB4+STD on Race 2. Once you get to Gold - the XRT shall be unlocked. I tihnk maybe another licence should go inbetween gold and platinum, so you get access to GFR class, 12,500 points. Also I think one should earn the Platinum licence with 18,000 points. Once Platinum is obtained, he will get to use GT2s, Finally, at around 22,500 points, another licence is reached and GTR is unlocked.

Hope my post made some sense
There are many thing's worse , happy new year guys

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG