The online racing simulator
debris staying as it is
(10 posts, started )
debris staying as it is
im not sure is this has been mentioned before but....

i think when tyre stacks get hit i think they should stay hit as in they dont reset themselves or if they go to far they dissapeer. and also skidmarks. they should stay on the track untiL the race restarts or something. i think thses should be optonal for hosts.

what do u think?
Skidmarks already do stay AFAIK, and I really think the things should reset. Who's to say that there isn't a track crew that puts them back?

id say take a lil longer b4 reset!
Quote from Falcon140 :Skidmarks already do stay AFAIK, and I really think the things should reset. Who's to say that there isn't a track crew that puts them back?

whilst cars pass them at high speeds? i dont think so, that would cause a yellow flag.

i think its fine the way it is
After they pass.
#6 - Sm0k3
I think you cant see the skidmarks of another car you cant see unless you are spectating him?

Thats a problem IMO.
If you put the skidmarks to "all" then they will be there. It could be an issue with alpha layering and windscreens though - try an external view and see if they're there.
It's a very minor bug, but a bug nonetheless.
#8 - Sm0k3
I could explain the problem properly if I were better in English
Quote from Sm0k3 :I think you cant see the skidmarks of another car you cant see unless you are spectating him?

Thats a problem IMO.

You need to be 'near' another car for its skidmarks to show, not neccesarily spectating it. Things like skidmarks are created client-side by the physics engine working on your own machine, not by the server (so if you compared the skidmarks on two people's machines in the same race, they'd both be slightly different). Once you're a certain distance away from a car, it uses as simplified set of physics to speed up the frame-rate, a side-effect of which is that the cars won't produce skidmarks.
#10 - Gunn
It's been discussed before. I think there's a lot of merit for a tethered stack that will move upon impact but the tyres won't be able to fly away from the stack, and the stack can't move away from the point it's tethered to. Otherwise, the tyres shouldn't be there at all - which can unfortunately affect unsupervised racing with people cutting corners with no penalty. I don't think there's an easy answer.

Anyhooo....plus one point oh five for tethered tyre stacks.

debris staying as it is
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG