The online racing simulator
Free access to Silverstone 3 day F1 test
Very very very tempting... Any one else wanna come and keep me company?
Gutted, probably won't be able to get a lift down - it is a hell of a distance for me for a test though!
I'd love to see this tbh. Is it just a turn up and sit? They dont seem to make things very clear.
Yeah, turn up and watch. There are some good places to watch at Silverstone - Stowe, Vale, Club. It used to be brilliant at Abbey but the chicane is less exciting. The complex is good if you can get in the grandstands (unlikely). Never watched at Copse as the crowds were always crazy but that implies it's probably a good place too.

The main difficulty is the newer bits are so far away from the spectator that the cars are just specks.

Come on people, commit to this so I can justify the petrol/time off revision.
#6 - shim
id go if it wasnt on the other side of the world
#7 - Smax
Might well do... I'll look into it

[edit] it's looking likely but not definite me and a coupla mates will be there, depends on work, that's only about a fortnight before our hand in date...all our modules complete on the same day. [/edit]
Hmm, google maps and the RAC seems to think it'll be a 3 hour drive for me (yeah right ). I'll check out the calendar at work, and see if I can fit at least one day in. Unfortunately I don't have the cash to stay overnight
Quote from tristancliffe :Never watched at Copse as the crowds were always crazy but that implies it's probably a good place too.

Aye, I was at copse for BGP last year, I was on the inside of the corner, got a stunning view of JPM going round the outside of Fernando Alonso, its a pretty good viewpoint for seeing the cars on the edge, but not *that* spectacular otherwise
I'd go but according to Google it would be an 11 hour drive :|

Keiran
mmm... i get 12hrs
Dam schooltime and middle of the week testing.
Bah, no chance of me getting time off work this month, already had a 4 day week last week and I've a 3 day week next week.
Oooh, this google maps thing is fun, 11hrs 43mins for me apparently
1hr 39 minutes here (but more like 1hr 5 minutes in reality).
I really really wanna go, but, things are a bit tricky for me at the moment, so, i dunno, can't commit right now, should know by next weekend.

Just Google'mapped it :- 5hrs 13 mins, one way !!,
About a 2 hour drive for me, now. If only I had a car, or a drivers license atleast..

Goddamnit.
Quote from shim :id go if it wasnt on the other side of the world

emigrate
Very tempting, i live only 18 miles or 40 mins from it. Never been there before though.
About 8 hours with and airplane. I will be there.

Im going I went last year and it was a real blast! unfortuantly they only open up Bridge Luffiled and the streight.

So unless your a bit naughty u wont get to see em fly through maggots and beckets.

I have a quick video somewhere i will post it later
I'm in Leicester and may go if I can get there.
Quote from Rtsbasic :Very tempting, i live only 18 miles or 40 mins from it. Never been there before though.

blimey what do u drive, a moped!?!

I'm very interested in going as I am only just over an hour away, just need to justify the fuel costs. Anyone want a lift from Redditch/ Stratford area? give me a buzz
Its about an hour down the road from me.
Ive been to testing a few times, it can get a little frustrating, lots of waiting, but definately worth it when the cars come out.
Not sure if Im free that week, but if I am Ill try to go for one of the days.
Im sure sidepants will be up for it, if work permits. Oh, and the weather.

Lots of ifs.....
I'll be there!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG