The online racing simulator
#1 - lvlo
How to: create shortcuts for your favorive servers.
Method I: without Join2LFS.

Live For Speed has some nice command line options those you can use as well. For example, to make desktop shortcuts for your favorite servers in intetnet. Just launch it and game will run and connect to server you want.

Windows:

1. Create shortcut for LFS.exe and put it anywhere you want.

2. Right click on shortcut -> Properties -> Shortcut tab -> in "Target" line after quotes add: /join=HOST /pass=PASS (where HOST - server name and PASS - password if it needed). The whole line will be look like (if LFS intalled in C:\Program Files\LFS\):
"C:\Program Files\LFS\LFS.exe" /join=[B]HOST[/B]

with password option:
"C:\Program Files\LFS\LFS.exe" /join=[B]HOST[/B] /pass=[B]PASS[/B]

Click "Apply" -> "Ok" and run the shortcut.

Ubuntu
(the same about password option):

Right click on Desktop -> Create Launcher... -> Choose "Application" -> fill the "Command" line with this line (PATH_TO_LFS is full path to LFS folder):
sh -c 'cd [B]PATH_TO_LFS[/B] && wine LFS.exe /join=[B]HOST[/B] /pass=[B]PASS[/B]'

Click "OK" and run it. Voila!

PS: if server name contains special characters and LFS gives you error "Host not found on master server" (and you sure that name is right) use "^" symbol before special characters. For example: "www.airattack.co.uk #4" will looks like "www.airattack.co.uk ^#4".

Method II: with Join2LFS.

Join2LFS is a good choice because probably you will not have problems with server's names and it saves passwords.

Windows:

Do Join2LFS links work system wide? If somebody test it - I'll update this guide.

Ubuntu:

1. Follow this guide and setup Join2LFS for Firefox browser (actually it's system wide method).

2. Right mouse click on Desktop -> Create Launcher... -> Choose "Location" -> Find your favorite server on LFSWorld.net and copy Join2LFS link () -> Paste your link in "Location" line -> Click "OK" and run it.

All Systems (tested with Firefox):
And of cause you can use Bookmarks of your favorite browser: just find server's Join2LFS link -> right mouse click on it -> Bookmark This Link -> Done!

Thank you for your time
awesome,thanks
#3 - G!NhO
great!
kewl
Quote from lvlo :
PS: if LFS gives you error "Host not found on master server" (and you sure that name is right) you need to get full server name with code symbols. For example: "www.airattack.co.uk #4" (blue text color) with code symbols looks like "^4www.airattack.co.uk ^1#4".

It's not required. I entered a server name with coloured clasically and it connected.

Nice idea!
#6 - lvlo
Quote from Flame CZE :It's not required. I entered a server name with coloured clasically and it connected.

Nice idea!

Thanks
Well, it required for me in case with "www.airattack.co.uk #4". I think the reason is special symbols like '#".
Quote from lvlo :Method I: without Join2LFS.

Live For Speed has some nice command line options those you can use as well. For example, to make desktop shortcuts for your favorite servers. Just launch it and game will run and connect to server you want.

Windows:

1. Create shortcut for LFS.exe and put it anywhere you want.

2. Right click on shortcut -> Properties -> Shortcut tab -> in "Target" line after quotes add: /join=HOST /pass=PASS (where HOST - server name and PASS - password if it needed). The whole line will be look like (if LFS intalled in C:\Program Files\LFS\):
"C:\Program Files\LFS\LFS.exe" /join=[B]HOST[/B]

with password option:
"C:\Program Files\LFS\LFS.exe" /join=[B]HOST[/B] /pass=[B]PASS[/B]

Click "Apply" -> "Ok" and run the shortcut.

What is the command if i want to join a lan server with password?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english
Quote from Ant0niS :What is the command if i want to join a lan server with password?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

if you're having a lan party, you shouldnt really have a hard time finding the name and password ? Merry Christmas
Quote from Dennis93 :if you're having a lan party, you shouldnt really have a hard time finding the name and password ? Merry Christmas

You didn't get my question

I run a local server through Dedicated host z3
I create a shortcut like the example and i type in host, my local ip
and in pass, my servers password

Then double click shortcut, the lfs running and trying to find the server at Internet session and not at Local (Of course it didn't find my server)

I know that i can connect manual, but i was wondering if i can do it through an edited shortcut like above
#10 - adin
super!
#11 - lvlo
Quote from Ant0niS :You didn't get my question

I run a local server through Dedicated host z3
I create a shortcut like the example and i type in host, my local ip
and in pass, my servers password

Then double click shortcut, the lfs running and trying to find the server at Internet session and not at Local (Of course it didn't find my server)

I know that i can connect manual, but i was wondering if i can do it through an edited shortcut like above

There is no way to to this by shortcut mate

There is a command which connect game to local server:
/mp [B]HOST_IP PORT[/B]

but you can use it only in entry screen of LFS or you can create a script like this:
// Connect to local Party

mp [B]HOST_IP[/B] [B]PORT[/B]

save it to \data\script folder with name SCRIPT_NAME.lfs and run it in entry screen of LFS:
/run [B]SCRIPT_NAME[/B]

BAD NEWS: by this way you can't set password to take your admin rights on server. But if you use "Password" entry only for your local server - you will not have any problem.

I have the same English like you

Merry Christmas
Thank you very much my friend lvlo,for trying

Merry Christmas
#13 - T.J.
Somebody make this a sticky!
Quote from lvlo :Thanks
Well, it required for me in case with "www.airattack.co.uk #4". I think the reason is special symbols like '#".

It's the space that requires the " ... " quotes I believe. [edit: incorrect]
Good find otherwise.
#15 - lvlo
Quote from JasonJ :It's the space that requires the " ... " quotes I believe.
Good find otherwise.

I've tried quotes but LFS gave me error "Invalid parameter".
Hmm sorry, I tried it to, used no quotes and the spaces were accepted.
eg:
lfs /join=[xxx] XXXXXXX XXX

worked - sry
#17 - lvlo
Quote from JasonJ :Hmm sorry, I tried it to, used no quotes and the spaces were accepted.
eg:
lfs /join=[xxx] XXXXXXX XXX

worked - sry

I've found the simplest solution: use "^" symbol before special characters.

Cheers

How to: create shortcuts for your favorive servers.
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG