The online racing simulator
Seems to be working CTRA Race 2 got 30 odd connections tonight
Quote from Rdcranno :Seems to be working CTRA Race 2 got 30 odd connections tonight

70% of the grid are FXOs but at least it's a crowded TBO server.
Just had some awesome races but need to get back to work. A good mix of driving, some still learning the TBO's, some excellent drivers and some not so! But overall the attitude was really good, CTRA provides the best racing environment by far...
Shame I epically suck in FXOs and RB4 seems to be horrendously outclassed (especially at KY NA - has the track changed yet?)
Quote from J@tko :Shame I epically suck in FXOs and RB4 seems to be horrendously outclassed (especially at KY NA - has the track changed yet?)

that leaves XRT :P
#32 - VoiD
That was fun, just like "the old days"!
Quote from VoiD :That was fun, just like "the old days"!

I love the packed grids but going from the rigid single seaters and GT cars I really don't like the soft suspension on those TBO's
lol its quite a shock going from the xfr to fxo, they both understeer badly if your not careful but apart from that lol. needless to say i was rubbish
Yah I'm on there at the moment. Let's get a crowd going!
I'll try to connect myself a little bit during next week.
Well Race-2 wasn't very busy but Race-3 was:-)
Had some really great races this weekend!

Thanks everyone
For me the major problem of Race 2 is that the race are too long. 14-15 minutes with only 4-5 guys on the grid, that's not fun.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :For me the major problem of Race 2 is that the race are too long. 14-15 minutes with only 4-5 guys on the grid, that's not fun.

Exactly. It's different when there's a grid of 15+ cars, but with only a handful of people on it really gets boring, unless you can really race with someone the entire time.
#40 - VoiD
15 minutes racing...OMG ...:woohoo:

Boat-racing with TBO´s on endurance-day...! The best day of the week
The cool thing about the 15 minute races is, a guy might pull ahead of you by a second a lap for the first five minutes, then you run even for the next 5, then you reel him in a second lap for the next 5 minutes.
In other words, just because you can't see the guy doesn't mean you're not racing him.
Quote from JohnnyFX :In other words, just because you can't see the guy doesn't mean you're not racing him.

/OT wouldn't it be cool if you could see the guy though I just watch a video of a rl race and an interview with the drivers afterwards decribing that at one point he could see the whites of the eyes in the review mirror of the guy he was chasing and at that point he knew he had a chance of winning
Quote from VoiD :15 minutes racing...OMG ...:woohoo:

Boat-racing with TBO´s on endurance-day...! The best day of the week

Hey, do you mean that CTRA admins brought back LRF for endurance days? If yes... w00t !
I just had a go at Race 2 for the first time in centuries. Had to remind myself of how much fun it is with a full grid of fast, clean TBO racers! Now I remember why the XRT is one of my favourite cars.

There was only one XFG racer on, though.. I think he got a bit lonely, 'cause he left.
Quote from Gnomie :There was only one XFG racer on, though.. I think he got a bit lonely, 'cause he left.

I didn't know the STD cars were already available on Race 2. I'll try and remember that when I'm looking for some racing.
Quote from obsolum :i didn't know the std cars were already available on race 2. I'll try and remember that when i'm looking for some racing.

+1000
The XFG and XRG are an absolute blast to drive on the longer tracks. Now if only we could get some people to drive them :P
Quote from AjRose :The XFG and XRG are an absolute blast to drive on the longer tracks. Now if only we could get some people to drive them :P

Maybe it's because people don't know it. I was expecting the change to the server with the next update when the VWS is released so I was quite surprised to see the STD cars enabled tonight on the server.

There were almost 20 people on the server at one moment, I think so it's going into the right direction. Let's keep it up.
Quote from AjRose :The XFG and XRG are an absolute blast to drive on the longer tracks. Now if only we could get some people to drive them :P

Heheh, I'll migrate from Race 1 if you'd like. Reporting drivers there is becoming a daily event, anyhoo. And it's not like the CTRA staff are overly keen to clear the (daily increasing, I'm imagining) back-log of reports.

Only issue now is to learn some of the S2 tracks as I've hardly done any racing on them whatsoever

</bans self from race 1>
It's interesting to have the STD cars on the server. It's amazing how I only have 5 S2 track setups for the XFG.

I do enjoy TBOs but I can't resist driving the STDs on such unfamiliar territory. What's the license limit for STD on that server?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG