The online racing simulator
No TC just wouldn't work in LFS. The majority would spin in race due to the fact that we can't really feel the level of grip. We just sorta guess and hope it's there. Although like Paul said, it's good to turn it off at some corners and chicanes, like the final chicane at AS3 and the fast chicane at WE1 (My 2nd sector pb there is about 2 tenths under WR due to no TC )

BTW, how boring is LFS atm? lol
No TC would get difficult to be controled by admins also...
Quote from TFalke55 :No TC would get difficult to be controled by admins also...

Not really. Just look for a solid blue light. If it flickers or so, then it's off.

But I'll leave TC allowed.

d
Quote from dekojester :Not really. Just look for a solid blue light. If it flickers or so, then it's off.

d

you'd need to watch every car over the whole one hour distance That will be exhausting for sure hard in a physical way, even if each of us 5 watches only a fifth of the field
Quote from dekojester :Not really. Just look for a solid blue light. If it flickers or so, then it's off.

d

If the blue light is on then TC is off and if it flickers TC is on.
Quote :Qualy: I think the one lap solution would be very exiting! Mixed Grid etc, the reasons are all above...

Hello Matze,

Yes, this could indeed add something special, in the Kyoto 500 it was quite a experience to do a qualy run in front of all the other drivers, its a nice added pressure..

Quote :Race: In the last OWRL F1 Season the strategything was very different from other series, sometimes 3 stops were better, sometimes 2 stops. This was fun. Otherwise theres nearly no strategy if everyone has to pit only once. If the races are under 300km there will be no big strategydifference.

I agree here, the longer distance does allow for more on the strategy which at FRO we are all for. Its good, but the oneGP series must also not replicate OWRL. A longer distance could indeed add something to the racing i think. The strategy we employed ine oneGP for all rounds was the same, it is very predictable.

Quote :SC: I took part in the last 2 rounds of LFSCART. In my opinion the SC stays out too long. The Effect was cold tyres and boredom... Do we need SC???? IN LFS theres no debries on the track, if a car lies upsidedown IRL its badly damaged and not able to race anymore. And the SAFETYcar-driver drove very unSAFEly... It was more like an UNSAFETYcar, haha, not very realistic.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree here, for me the biggest ''issue'' throughout the whole season was the SC, it was out too long, it went too slow, it crashed and caused many problems. The drivers behind the SC appeared to fall asleep and start crashing into each other. It was basically a disaster and caused issues at most events.

Personally in LFS i dont see any reason for using the SC. I know oneGP was started to be as close to F1 as we can be in the virtual world, but in F1 SC's dont crash and the drivers behind it dont drive into each other. We race in the virtual world and should make the series as good as we can for that environment.

I would like to see something done about the SC and some discussion on what we could do to eliminate the problems caused by it..

Best, Maz
Quote from Mazar :Hello Matze,

Yes, this could indeed add something special, in the Kyoto 500 it was quite a experience to do a qualy run in front of all the other drivers, its a nice added pressure..

I agree here, the longer distance does allow for more on the strategy which at FRO we are all for. Its good, but the oneGP series must also not replicate OWRL. A longer distance could indeed add something to the racing i think. The strategy we employed ine oneGP for all rounds was the same, it is very predictable.

All very true. But for the sinlge lap quali I ask again, should the 4 sec rule be scrapped (if that will be the format)? Was it even sufficient enough during last season?

Quote :
I totally agree here, for me the biggest ''issue'' throughout the whole season was the SC, it was out too long, it went too slow, it crashed and caused many problems. The drivers behind the SC appeared to fall asleep and start crashing into each other. It was basically a disaster and caused issues at most events.

Personally in LFS i dont see any reason for using the SC. I know oneGP was started to be as close to F1 as we can be in the virtual world, but in F1 SC's dont crash and the drivers behind it dont drive into each other. We race in the virtual world and should make the series as good as we can for that environment.

I would like to see something done about the SC and some discussion on what we could do to eliminate the problems caused by it..

Best, Maz

I don't remembere how long the perionds were (because I cba to actually watch the races, I found it rather boring... which is also a concern)

But, the sc is there for a reason. I don't think it should be completely removed but I'd like to propose that it would only be out for a lap or 2 max and only to provide everyone an evn chance for the restart.
#58 - AMB
TC Would be fun off
Quote :All very true. But for the sinlge lap quali I ask again, should the 4 sec rule be scrapped (if that will be the format)? Was it even sufficient enough during last season?

I think it should be scrapped.

Its not so much how much slower people are that is a real issue, it is their track awareness that is the issue. If they are slower and move correctly under blue flag situations and don't impede the people lapping them then for me its no issue. Speed over a single lap, IE hotlap times dont tell you this.

Maybe some kind of 'superlicene' could be used instead where drivers who have shown competence in league racing of some description could be granted one automatically, those that haven't could be granted temporary ones in order to evaluate their driving abillity and race awareness. However i think to be able to race in a virtual F1 series, drivers should have competed in some league races of some sort, showing the organisers MPR's of these events could enable the organisers to make decision on the license application and their competancies to race.

The license could be used for collecting infringements too, IE, if a driver hits other cars under SC infringements or does not move aside under blue flags this could be noted on the license. Too many infringements and its revoked, barring them from the competition.

I also think that 'team owners/managers' should be much more responsible for the drivers they enter. In that teams should be docked points for drivers that don't follow rules as this would put pressure on teams to make sure drivers are firstly fully briefed in the ruleset and are also competent racers. This nominating drivers on the day should be banned, unless the driver is a reserve driver nominated by the team in advance of the event.

Quote :
I don't remembere how long the perionds were (because I cba to actually watch the races, I found it rather boring... which is also a concern)

Some of the races where boring Timo. I agree. Some however where excellant battles between very good racers. We just need more entries, entrants and teams to spread the battles out through the field.

Quote :
But, the sc is there for a reason. I don't think it should be completely removed but I'd like to propose that it would only be out for a lap or 2 max and only to provide everyone an evn chance for the restart.

Some of the periods where 6 laps, like at FE Black. Which is a long track and its simply too much. I agree, 2 laps is enough and should be the max.

Best, Maz
Quote from Mazar :Some of the periods where 6 laps, like at FE Black. Which is a long track and its simply too much. I agree, 2 laps is enough and should be the max.

I tend to leave the SC out for as long as it takes to collect the field. Sometimes it takes a long time, especially if people crash under SC. I always clear the incident scene within a lap and a half of the SC being deployed, so the issue of "Not spectating cars" is moot. The delay comes from people not being caught up. Next season, if you crash under SC and drop back and aren't caught up after everyone has done normal service, I'll pull the "Sorry for your luck" card and go green regardless.

I REFUSE to do maximum SC laps limits. It's highly unrealistic, I doubt any pro league has such a rule, and indeed the SC periods would have been shorted if everyone would behave under SC. It's a temporary slowing to the race. Maybe next season I will ban the accelerate and brake checking method of tyre warming - that's what tends to cause the most problems under SC. Weaving also causes problems, but that's generally not so much, as you're more likely just to spin out of the way of other cars as opposed to being hit by others.

d
Maybe as a deterrant penalties should be much harsher than they have been for incidents caused under SC.
I like the license idea where penalties accumulate and the license can be revoked if too many add up. I also would like that the track goes green after a SC even if everyone isn't caught up.
I'm seriously considering the licensing system at the moment.

Possible combos for 2009, in no particular order. Let me know what you think of 'em.

BL1R - Blackwood GP Rev
SO4R - South City Long Rev (This is also on LFSCART calendar and would be on the same weekend)
SO5 - South City Town Course (This is also on LFSCART calendar and would be on the same weekend)
FE3 - Fern Bay Gold
FE4 or FE4R - Fern Bay Black (FE4 is also on LFSCART calendar and would be on the same weekend)
AS3 or AS3R - Aston National (AS3 is also on LFSCART calendar and would be on the same weekend)
AS4 - Aston Historic
AS5 or AS5R - Aston Grand Prix
AS6 or AS6R - Aston Grand Touring
KY2R - Kyoto National Reversed (This is also on LFSCART calendar and would be on the same weekend)
KY3 - Kyoto GP Long
WE1 or WE1R - Westhill International (WE1R is also on LFSCART calendar and would be on the same weekend)

Let me know your thoughts on this. I would like to try and run same tracks for oneGP on LFSCART weekends so that these two series can be kind of sister series. LFSCART Saturday afternoon/evenings, oneGP Sunday mornings/afternoons. Having the week off between both allows us at NDR to do some of our other series or other events on the offweekends for CART and oneGP, which might soon include possible feeder series into these two, but that bit is still in works.

d
Quote from dekojester :Having the week off between both allows us at NDR to do some of our other series or other events on the offweekends for CART and oneGP, which might soon include possible feeder series into these two, but that bit is still in works.

Oh my goodness... the reincarnation of the CART light idea
Quote from dekojester :
BL1R - Blackwood GP Rev
SO4R - South City Long Rev (This is also on LFSCART calendar and would be on the same weekend)
SO5 - South City Town Course (This is also on LFSCART calendar and would be on the same weekend)
FE3 - Fern Bay Gold
FE4 or FE4R - Fern Bay Black (FE4 is also on LFSCART calendar and would be on the same weekend)
AS3 or AS3R - Aston National (AS3 is also on LFSCART calendar and would be on the same weekend)
AS4 - Aston Historic
KY2R - Kyoto National Reversed (This is also on LFSCART calendar and would be on the same weekend)
KY3 - Kyoto GP Long
WE1 or WE1R - Westhill International (WE1R is also on LFSCART calendar and would be on the same weekend)

I think BL1, not BL1R (You've no idea how bad this track is to drive reversed, especially with fuel - everyone goes off at turn 4) Plus BL1 is a classic track, with lots of competition as pretty much everyone can get within 1.5 secs of WR.

All the other tracks seem fine, but I hate SO tracks lol
Quote from dekojester :I'm seriously considering the licensing system at the moment.

Possible combos for 2009, in no particular order. Let me know what you think of 'em.

BL1R - Blackwood GP Rev
FE3 - Fern Bay Gold
AS4 - Aston Historic
KY3 - Kyoto GP Long

Let me know your thoughts on this. I would like to try and run same tracks for oneGP on LFSCART weekends so that these two series can be kind of sister series. LFSCART Saturday afternoon/evenings, oneGP Sunday mornings/afternoons. Having the week off between both allows us at NDR to do some of our other series or other events on the offweekends for CART and oneGP, which might soon include possible feeder series into these two, but that bit is still in works.

d

You forgot LFSCART also has got the Grand Prix of Blackwood
Quote from TFalke55 :You forgot LFSCART also has got the Grand Prix of Blackwood

No, I didn't. BL1R seemed to be a bit more popular and challenging, and I was not thinking about BL1 at this point in time, and BL1 is the LFSCART config.

Unless I get a mass of people giving a +1 for BL1, I'm planning on sticking with BL1R

d
+1 on BL1r

Best, Maz
+1 on maz... eh rev

It's funner to drife
+1 on BL1R instead of BL1. (It's my home track in reverse!) :P
Quote from dekojester :No, I didn't. BL1R seemed to be a bit more popular and challenging, and I was not thinking about BL1 at this point in time, and BL1 is the LFSCART config.

Unless I get a mass of people giving a +1 for BL1, I'm planning on sticking with BL1R

d

okey thought so cause every other config was named
1+ for BL1, maybe some oneGP participants will vote eh?
-1 Blackwood is too short for F1. If the series has to go to BL then Rev is marginally more interesting, and the chicane makes more sense as it becomes a safety feature slowing cars down from the long straight before the final corner.
Quote from Garfild12 :1+ for BL1, maybe some oneGP participants will vote eh?

You forget that my opinion kicks your opinions ass.
I dont like BL1 in both ways but it would be better if poeple who raced BF1 in oneGP say something, exept evilpimp :F i dont want see for example comentators saying that BL1r is better... lol its not
Its not a good argument that BL1r was last season but what else can i say, i want BL1 !!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG