The online racing simulator
Join the "We're glad LFS is growing in beauty" club
Posting here confirms you as a member of the "We're glad LFS is growing in beauty" club. Yes, LFS has just had a new patch, and we think it's looking more beautiful than ever!

The cockpit's beauty is growing as shown in the VW Scirocco, now everyone can have a beautiful/realistic cockpit while you race!

In short, because of ALL the changes to LFS (mainly the graphics/beauty of it), we love it even more.

Does that describe you? Then post in here, and join the club

P.S. There was a similar idea by tristancliffe but his topic was on "We're glad LFS is harder and more realistic now".
In
I think they're going to create a topic like this for every patch that comes out

I'm in for everything that agrees LFS is amazing..
i kinda like "we're glad..." clubs
#5 - MikoZ
Im in :P
Hell yeah, im in!

I really love the new car, and everything that comes with it!

Quote from mickyc30 :penis

Mature, really i mean it. Takes a MAN to admit that's all he think about.
#7 - Micha
Nice to see what is possible with a rather old graphic engine.
But once Scawen said: "LFS is a racing simulator, not a screenshot generator." I hope the physics will be improved in the upcoming patch or any time soon, cause this is the reason I stick to LFS since the first days. I saw a lot of racers leaving due to the lack of content over the past years. And it is sad to see the team I'm in loosing interest in LFS more and more. I'm afraid the new car wont change this stagnation LFS seems to be in, no matter how beautiful it is. And beside this strange euphory in this forum, there is a world outside that has turned sceptical about the progression and will stay this way.
Yes, but Scawen knows that light (and sound) are parts of physics. So if he wants to simulate reality well, he must take in account those too (and he has been taking that in account ). The objective of a simulator is to simulate every aspect of reality that is possible and (almost) make us think it's for real, i wouldn't expect that ever happening if we had the same graphics and sound forever.
personally i don't care if the cockpits look beautiful, i'm usually looking at the track not the dashboard...
Quote from lap traffic nz :personally i don't care if the cockpits look beautiful, i'm usually looking at the track not the dashboard...

tbch i almost NEVER use the cockpit view :hide:
only time i do use cockpit is when a new patch is out, then i drive cockpit-view for a month or so.. then im back to "user view" with only the wheels
And although Scawen claimed the opposite, why cannot it become a screenshot generator, while still keeping the awesome physics? Awesomeness over time.
Quote from mickyc30 :penis

Grow up, what are you like, 12?

Anyway, one car in 6 months is, in my eyes, no cause to celebrate, especially as it seems like we're only getting very few minor changes besides that, such as the wheels on the FBM. So I shant be joining. All I can say is that it proves that the dev team are working (even if it may be at a snails pace)
I´m definetly in
Quote :And although Scawen claimed the opposite, why cannot it become a screenshot generator, while still keeping the awesome physics? Awesomeness over time.

It's simply not a focus. There are other driving games around where a big focus is on taking pretty shots, but that's not LFS' cup of tea. Doesn't stop people trying though- there are actually quite a lot of really nice looking ingame LFS shots that people have posted over the years.

The problem now is that LFS' presentation has become a mix of recent and old graphics. The VWS looks to be a step up from even the most recently released interiors, and that will contrast heavily with the non-updated cars. It's going to take a lot of time to get everything up to the current level and tbh I'm not sure if that's even a good idea. It might be a better idea simply to push forward with all new content (more 'real' cars), and start leaving the older fictional cars behind (there will need to be more interest from other manufacturers though). Who knows?

Anyway, the Scirocco looks great and I'm sure Eric is excited about being able to have that extra level of detail in the models these days.
#15 - Gunn
**spam removed**
thanks ;)
Thanks Gunn, what would we do without you?
/target topic, spam detected, delete topic
PLEASE!

Neverthless lol, I don't mind a new car, but I don't see why it should be added. What about the tracks? Tell me when the last "new" track were out? And I am not talking about a more narrow BLackwood or a new SO config
True, but still, tell me how long since we had a brand new track Making x-number of new cars length the game life-time for for 1-2 month, but you will eventuelly get worn out by the lack of new contest track-wise.
Now, I don't say a car is nothing big, since it's really great work, I just say that tracks are by FAR much more needed then new cars at the moment.
Yeah, but the VWS was an offer that doesn't come along that often. In the devs position, would you have passed that opportunity up? They did the right thing- yes it will delay other stuff, but then Scawen has already mentioned that there are other things in the pipeline which were being worked on at the same time as the Scirocco.
I don't have space in my sig to post that I'm part of this club, and the quote is too priceless to be removed.
im in.. love the upgrades..!
Talking bout Tracks:
I guess we will get the usual 3-pack of enviroments if s3 goes alpha.
Just like it was with s2.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG