The online racing simulator
Mobile Phones
(36 posts, started )
Quote from Bladerunner :What lag?? Never noticed anything...was pretty quick zapping from one thing to another.

Cool cool, when it came out every reviewer was mentioning how transitions were clunky and slow, they then released firmware updates which claimed to help, but I can't remember if people agreed.
if you need the camera(video, photo etc) and bluetooth with stereo headset wireless control support(a2dp), and you can use the function of the windows system(reading documents etc) then the omnia, if not, and you just want too be the "coolest" guy in your territory then the iphone...
oh, and if i know well, you can't send files with bluetooth with the iphone to other phones or devices
Diamond:

Bluetooth: check
Camera: check
M$ Office Mobile (Werd, Excel, etc): check
Video-calling: check
MP3 player: check
FM Radio: check
GPS: check
Games (WITH Force Feedback!!!1!!): check
Mobile Interwebs: check
Even More Stuff I havent played with yet: check

Best of all...its cheaper than the iPhone and the Omnia!
Wow blade, looks nice actually. Maybe something to buy when I hit the lotto.
Sounds good. But...

Bluetooth: other than TomTom I only use a headset and the iPhone does that admirably.
Camera: Check on the iPhone too
M$ Office Mobile (Werd, Excel, etc): It can read them, but I never write them on the phone anyway.
Video-calling: Nope, but why would I want to do that?
MP3 player: Check
FM Radio: I have podcasts and my own music on the phone, with a radio in the car. That's good enough for me
GPS: check (but no turn-by-turn yet )
Games: Millions on the App Store, many for free
Mobile Interwebs: Of course.
Even More Stuff I havent played with yet: check

I bought an iPhone . 8GB (plenty for me) for less than £100, and my monthly bills will go down too. I just didn't like the competition enough - the interfaces are clunky in comparison, and the extra features just aren't useful to me. The only think I miss (other than the usual iPhone compaints of copy-paste missing etc) is the GPS Navigation, but I have faith it'll come in time. And I didn't use it that often anyway
You can listen to most all web radio streams using FStream for the iPhone.

I'm pretty sure no-one has ever made a useful video call ever. And I do mean ever.
Quote from pb32000 :
I'm pretty sure no-one has ever made a useful video call ever. And I do mean ever.

How about video-calling your g/f when you KNOW she is in the bath??

As for GPS...I have Tomtom 7 installed (and some funny voicepacks)..there are free options, but why not go for a good one?
As I said, TomTom is the only thing I miss really. I had the soundpacks, but they are rubbish in a car, or get really annoying very very quickly. Plain Jane English for me. I thought 7 was very good actually - some nifty features, although I don't like the fact you can't customise driving speeds or easily edit the maps (e.g. to tell it NEVER to use a particular road or make a road one way etc).
Quote from Jakg :IMO WiMo is too "smart" for a phone and makes it much much harder to make calls / texts than on a "dumb" phone .....

My opinion exactly. WiMo is just too complex, it's Microsoft trying to push the market in the direction of software dev that suits them so they can make a mint in a market where they had next to no share previously.

Personally I'm dreading the day when I am forced in to buying a device with a big fat bloated complex OS on it, (with all the associated instability/speed issues), in order just to be able to contact people when I'm out and about.
I'm currently on lookout for a phone to add to my letter to santa. Out of the 3 options offered by the OP, I wonder why no one considered the SGH-F480 ( Tocco ). From what I have read its an Omnia, without the M$ OS nonsence which I thought was a plus, however it has less space ( onboard storage ).

I would like to know if the Diamond would suit my needs for a media phone, what I would like is touchscreen(preferable full touch screen like the omnia/tocco - but not necessary since the HTC brand is growing on me as I read and watch more reviews on it ), 2 gigs or more onboard HD space, high quality camera with flash(2megapixel or higher), proper speaker quality ( unlike my J600e ), optional external memory and last but not least since I like to tamper with stuff, I must be able to install a wide variety of applications/games( java? ) the fun for me is being able to do that and not actually using them much at all.

Mobile Phones
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG