The online racing simulator
Bring back BL1R on the DEMO
(50 posts, started )
+1 from me too. BL1R was demo content and it SHOULD be demo content, idk why Devs took it away. It will be more interesting to have reverse in Demo too because i like to race with demoers Wins Wins Wins.. :. No, it should be in demo and it will add more interest towards demo racers.

Replacing the XRT with an open wheeler and removing Blackwood reverse from the demo I believe were both ploys to discourage dr1ft0rs and promote the game for what it is: a racing simulator.

A great move by the devs!

-
(rich uk) DELETED by rich uk
Actually the demo is quite good as it is now, and promoting LFS nicely.
- 1 , no need for that, there should be advantages when buying a lisence, not a mere little update.
Quote from farcar :Replacing the XRT with an open wheeler and removing Blackwood reverse from the demo I believe were both ploys to discourage dr1ft0rs and promote the game for what it is: a racing simulator.

A great move by the devs!

I don't think that is it at all, how about trying to make the demo be what it is? If they miss the XRT or BL1R that much, a very small amount of money is needed to buy this game. Thats what a demo is suppose to do, attract people, not let them play for free. I am not saying anything on the developers choice for an open demo, its a fantastic idea that allows people to find all the amazing things about the game. But I find it ridiculous when people complain that they have played the demo for years and now don't like it because their car was removed... ~$50 for years of fun is certainly worth it considering the price of other games out there that have less fun.
Blackwood
This environment has one road and one rallycross course (plus reversed directions), situated in England's countryside.
Blackwood is known for its versatility, because it contains a bit of everything.
This environment is also available in the LFS S2 demo.

http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents&track=blackwood
Quote from blackbird04217 :If they miss the XRT or BL1R that much, a very small amount of money is needed to buy this game.

That was the problem really. Many dr1fT0r5 had absolutely no intention of buying the game, so they have now gone or are stuck using an old version offline.

So, now the main focus in the demo is racing!

As I said, a very smart move by the devs.
#33 - VoiD
That´s correct. The BL-environment is avaiable in demo, but not all possible tracks or cars... I´s not that hard to understand, isn´t it...
The environment IS available in the demo. It doesn't mention all configurations within that environment.

Only cheapskates would need it to be included - any decent person would have bought it long before even realising there was reversed directions.
Quote from farcar :That was the problem really. Many dr1fT0r5 had absolutely no intention of buying the game, so they have now gone or are stuck using an old version offline.

So, now the main focus in the demo is racing!

As I said, a very smart move by the devs.

Many of the racers playing in the demo version have no intention of buying either; the changes aren't to discriminate drifters or racers for that matter, its simply made so that people will actually support the development of our favorite race simulation.
Just another tightarse that wants something for nothing, move along..
Quote from Shadowww :Blackwood
This environment has one road and one rallycross course (plus reversed directions), situated in England's countryside.
Blackwood is known for its versatility, because it contains a bit of everything.
This environment is also available in the LFS S2 demo.

http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents&track=blackwood

Really, you've been around the forums longer than most demo users, and you know damn well that you're getting nothing extra.

Quote from tristancliffe :The environment IS available in the demo. It doesn't mention all configurations within that environment.

Only cheapskates would need it to be included - any decent person would have bought it long before even realising there was reversed directions.

Quote from nesrulz :For that reason me and others don't visit DEMO servers any more...

Is that a bad thing that S2 Licensed racers dont visist Demo hosts?
Quote from Riders Motion :Is that a bad thing that S2 Licensed racers dont visist Demo hosts?

Yes and no. It means more S2 racers now race in S2 all the time, so S2 is more populated. But it also means that some of the older lic players aren't visiting demo servers as much as in the past and therefore aren't creating friendships with new prospective S2 drivers and imo that's one of the significant factors of LFS's sucess is the friendly community. I for one have had the opportunity to get to know a significant number of prominate community members in the demo environement since I've been arround - early '04. Most I know also belive that LFS online S2 user base has actually decreased over the last year or two in countries outside europe, perhaps this can be attributed at least in part to what nesrulz discribes - but I don't know...
+1 for BL1R, I would like it to be added just to have more demos racing, and eventually, more people convinced to buy LFS.
Quote from Powered by AMD[ARG] :+1 for BL1R, I would like it to be added just to have more demos racing, and eventually, more people convinced to buy LFS.

That's exactly what Nesrulz is trying to say... With removing BL1R from the demo the effects could only be negative, not positive, old-school racers love to drive on the BL1R more then on BL, and since it's gone, they don't have the will to come and drive with demo players, to teach them some tricks, and talk to them about S2... So it's becoming more of a desert on Demo servers, only new drivers, without the older ones to keep them company and talk to them about LFS...
I think the idea is to limit demo to a really serious trial of the game. FWD, RWD and a open wheel racer, with a track to try them out.

This then means that the users that don't intend to play LFS probbably leave, so it decreases bandwidth, and those that were wondering along the lines of "hmm maybe I'll buy it" have even more reason to splash out. Those who genuinly want to buy the game, but can't for whatever reason, will still be active and play, so it seems that it's a lose (for cheapskates), and a win win for both the users who want to buy the game (because they'll play it anyway), and the devs from the increased amount of S2 licences bought. What "Power by AMD[ARG]" doesn't seem to understand is that many of the demo racers have been playing for (quite possibly) just as long as someone like myself or Boris has, but they have no intention of paying for a game. I know sometimes people can't afford it, but if you save like 5p a day you can have it after a year.

I guess you can still drive BL1r though, just on practise, and use some sort of insim app to either create a grid so you can race backwards without the "wrong way message", with splits and the like, or at least, to get rid of the wrong way thing.
#43 - Gunn
Quote from Flame CZE :Nothing but demo racer wants its reversed direction.

Sorry, but it is different than it was. And also the OP is an S2 licensed player.
I was surprised when I, quite recently, realised BL1R was off the demo menu. It was the buttered garlic escargots of demo for non-drifters, where as BL1 was more like bangers & mash. Shame it had to go, and wouldn't mind if it came back on the dinner table. Boy, am I hungry now
Quote from Glenn67 :Snip... But it also means that some of the older lic players aren't visiting demo servers as much as in the past and therefore aren't creating friendships with new prospective S2 drivers and imo that's one of the significant factors of LFS's sucess is the friendly community. I for one have had the opportunity to get to know a significant number of prominate community members in the demo environement since I've been arround - early '04. ...resnip...

I support this view. Rusty was one of the friendly figures sticking out when I was on demo. It took me years to get S2 (despite a sufficient and stable income, money is not always the problem / solution) and the maturity and help from S2 users made me coming back to the same combos. Without that I would have got fed up with the game and would probably not have S2 now.

BL1R is a very good track, much more challenging than the current demo configuration, but was so under used when I was "only" a demo user that I perfectly understand why the devs binned it.
Only the veteran demo users knew and used BL1R, and as a dev you surely do not want the demo users to become that experienced

What I do not understand is why there are not more severs running / racers racing demo cars or TBOs on BL1R.
Quote from nesrulz : ...the new BL, ... the new BL1....New BL1R... new BL1)... BL2R....

New BL? BL2? Was there an update recently?
what if LFS had a slightly different license model.

i think that allowing users to buy smaller chunks of content could work really well, if it was balanced right.

just allow them to buy stuff with points. maybe the community could put on a race series with points prizes for new racers.

i'm just saying, i think that there are people out there that would buy a track here and there until they owned all the content they wanted, or at the very least, would buy a couple of things (more than nothing!).

my thinking is that if someone has so much interest in playing that they want more content, they should be able to get a little five or ten dollar taste, you know?
I disagree. This isn't iTracing, and I really don't like their method of pay-per-content. That could be OK if add-ons are released after the final version of LFS, but I think for now it should stay as it is.

I also don't think BL1R should be re-added. If someone is that in love with that particular config, they can drive backwards around the normal config. A config here and a car there all adds up. There's nothing new to be experienced wih the teverse config either, it's not like a new type of car or a new environment, it's going to feel the very same as BL1 once you get used to the corner layout
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :what if LFS had a slightly different license model.

i think that allowing users to buy smaller chunks of content could work really well, if it was balanced right.

just allow them to buy stuff with points. maybe the community could put on a race series with points prizes for new racers.

i'm just saying, i think that there are people out there that would buy a track here and there until they owned all the content they wanted, or at the very least, would buy a couple of things (more than nothing!).

my thinking is that if someone has so much interest in playing that they want more content, they should be able to get a little five or ten dollar taste, you know?

Considering iRacing is very cheap as it is, I don't see the problem in buying the whole damn game, besides, I don't see people in LFS getting new cars/tracks/updates for free. OH WAIT.

Besides, if you only want to drive XRT and BL1r then I'm sure LFS can do without you. Then we'll end up with no-one to race with. :sadbanana

Bring back BL1R on the DEMO
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG