The online racing simulator
Stansted Protest
(33 posts, started )
Stansted Protest
LINK or DAILY MASH version

I don't care what anyone says, cutting through airport perimeter fences and endangering people's lives is not a legitimate form of protest. In this current climate, we have armed Police in all our airports and anyone breaching security, internally or externally, in an airport should be in no doubt that they could ( or should :shrug be shot......SO WHY DO THEY DO IT????

No doubt these liberal tree hugging hippies believe that what they did was noble, and courageous, but after listening to a radio interview were one of the protesters was trying to justify their actions to the mother of a disabled kid who'd just had a special trip abroad before an operation canceled and having no sympathy for their plight just send me off in a rant. I will be surprised if these barstewards even get a fine, let alone prison time which IMO opinion they deserve.
#2 - 5haz
I bet a large number of these Environ-Mentalists are hypocrites or people with nothing better to do, or perhaps attention seekers, epsecially the students, I'm afraid if you want to go to Magaloof in your gap year then planes have to fly and damage flowers.

It's like someone I know who is an anti-Tesco super store protester, but they shop in a Tesco super store.

Yes, and they only think about themselves and their aims, as you can see.

I think they should cut off all the energy supply that comes from environmentally 'damaging' fuels to these protesters, they hate fossil fuels, fine then, they can't use them.

Then we should flog the spare energy and use the money to pay for some green energy production to shut them up.
Quote :Emma Bradford, a hanger-on from Lincoln, said: "I'm a supporter of WWF and I have a Greenpeace Visa card. If I wasn't going on holiday I'd be down there with them, but I am, so I really think we should just crush them all with a bulldozer."

LOLZ

I used to live next to Stansted and I font get what the big deal is. Everybody knows the reason for the "new" runway several years back was because at some point they would open up the old one again because "Stansted has the infrastructure".

Every time Stansted expands the already affluent area gets more affluent. More jobs. More Wealth.

I really dont get the big deal.

Oh, flowers die, or something. Right. So how did they get to the perimeter fence, on the back of unicorns?
Is rather selfish they cause all of the delays for those other people.

Quote :No doubt these liberal tree hugging hippies believe that what they did was noble, and courageous, but after listening to a radio interview were one of the protesters was trying to justify their actions to the mother of a disabled kid who'd just had a special trip abroad before an operation canceled and having no sympathy for their plight just send me off in a rant. I will be surprised if these barstewards even get a fine, let alone prison time which IMO opinion they deserve

Very much so - And that's the problem.
Quote from Becky Rose :Oh, flowers die, or something.

Well no, flowers like CO2. So more planes means more food for flowers.

To be honest I think our police are too liberal, if they just let the planes go down the runway £5 says the hippies would clear off in seconds. Same with hippies climbing up trees, the second the chainsaw hits that tree they will be climbing down in seconds.

They can get away with these protests because there is no ramification for their actions any more. That needs to change and playing chicken with a protester when you have a bulldozer/plane/chainsaw/gun/whatever else it is hippies protest the hippie isn't going to win any time soon.

I remember one interview where the hippie for this protest said "oh well we saved 100 million tons of carbon" well not really, because now these people will burn more carbon by using alternative forms of transport that are more polluting on a per passenger basis.

Or when a rozzer took one of their phones off them, they were in holding waiting to be processed and one decided to phone the BBC, she was talking like they sun shone out of her arse, the cop said give me your phone, she didn't so the cop took it and she did the whole "okay, ouch, police brutality" bullshit.
It takes weeks to clean a hippy out from the undercarriage of a 747, there's lots of fiddly nooks and crevaces. It just isnt worth the risk because the plan would be out of service so long getting all the long hair out from the greesed parts.

Additionally one smack of a hippy can leave sufficient residue to confuse police sniffer dogs looking for drugs trafficers.

The complications of playing whack-a-man-in-sandals just isn't worth it for the airlines.

I recommend dousing them in petrol fumes next time, they wouldnt be able to hold out 5 hours before lighting up a joint, and I dont see a hippy lighting a joint whilst doused head to foot in jet fuel.

Problem solved.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the clean up crew. I wonder if you burn a hippy would the emitted carbon still warm up the planet.

I can never understand why when a hippy chains them self to a fence they don't just take bolt cutters to it, I've seen a video where some hippies put bike locks around their necks and onto the gates to a factory, they pulled out a circular saw and cut out a chunk of fence. Screw that, if you walk towards a happy with a bike chain round their neck and have a circular saw in your hands spinning away they know what's up and will be rummaging around for the key to the lock.

If I ever came across a bunch of hippies chained to something I'd have to fight the urge to kick them all in the teeth.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :a disabled kid who'd just had a special trip abroad before an operation canceled

How dare they cause the cancellation of a flight which should've had a disabled child on board! They should've definitely checked with the airlines to see if any disabled kids were taking holidays that day before staging any kind of protest.

Meanies!
These 'protestors' think that what they did increases awareness and will make them be listened to. The thing, is, the only thing it increases awareness of is how much everyone hates these greenpeace tree hugging goody-two-shoes people because of their plain and blatant disregard for the ramifications for anyone else other than themselves, and because of their recent escapade, they probbably have less ground to stand on in terms of being heard and actually listened to than they did last week.

I mean c'mon, Kev - You think that this kind of protest is a laughing matter? It's more than that disabled kid, but I kinda agree to some extent with your comment - It was ****ing funny.

Pyshco - You pick up on a good point about public transport. I think based on CO2 output per person, something like a Polo Diesel (the blueline thing that was on Top Gear Economy Challenge) or something is actually only around 100g/km, where as something like a bus, or a train, even at full capacity, is much higher. Not forgetting that many of these buses are never even full - Or even one quarter full for that matter. But saying that, providing a balanced argument, many buses (especially in Reading, I've noticed) are introducing those fancy new Bio-ethanol ecofuel things. Maybe Bladerunner can shed some light on that particular issue?

Don't get me started on the CO2 output per seat on a plane, however it's the price we pay for fast and safe travel - Especially with all these budget airlines, it can sometimes be cheaper to fly from Heathrow to some place like Liverpool or Newcastle or some other up north place than it would be to drive there, especially if you book way in advance!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Pyshco - You pick up on a good point about public transport. I think based on CO2 output per person, something like a Polo Diesel (the blueline thing that was on Top Gear Economy Challenge) or something is actually only around 100g/km, where as something like a bus, or a train, even at full capacity, is much higher. Not forgetting that many of these buses are never even full - Or even one quarter full for that matter. But saying that, providing a balanced argument, many buses (especially in Reading, I've noticed) are introducing those fancy new Bio-ethanol ecofuel things. Maybe Bladerunner can shed some light on that particular issue?

Don't get me started on the CO2 output per seat on a plane, however it's the price we pay for fast and safe travel - Especially with all these budget airlines, it can sometimes be cheaper to fly from Heathrow to some place like Liverpool or Newcastle or some other up north place than it would be to drive there, especially if you book way in advance!

If I recall correctly trains are the most inefficient form of transport per person (well second really as ships have that hands down). Airlines are incuraged through taxation to fly planes with empty seats, which is why BA are making deals with American Airlines and Qantas, the idea behind it is they will shove as everyone onto one plane which saves them quite a bit of money.

Biofuel isn't an answer though, as you have to take into consideration other implications to using it, first the fact it pushes up food prices, second the costs of harvesting and processing it, plus ultimately it isn't CO2 free, which means it still pushes crap out of your exhaust pipe. All it actually does is bring down running costs, which is why Tesco use it for their wagons.

And this is what you have to remember about "green" it isn't so much "help save the planet" but more "help save some cash" which is why the Prius and low fuel use vehicles are so popular. But they just have the added bonus now that wimminz don't think "oh what a tight wad" but "oh wow, he cares about baby seals <3"

Then you get environmentalists who think some how humans can alter the planet, it is the human ego. But ironically they use all of the systems they protest againts, if the world gov'ts did listen to them for once and overnight we cut down all pollution to zero, not only would the world go back into the dark ages, half these environmentalists would die because they wouldn't be able to get their Tofu from China any more and the other half would start bitching that we need to go back to how things were before their middle class, white, untroubled arses ever bothered to protest about anything.

You will NEVER see a member of Greenpeace or the like from a working class family or from any part of the world where just affording to put food on the table each day is a struggle. It isn't trough lack of education but an abundence as they realise how important modern toys with all their polluting ways are to the ability to live. Yes people lived without cars and everything else we have now, but your life expectancy was about the same as a dogs.

These hippies are so damn naïve they don't realise that EVERYTHING around them requires some form of pollution being pumped into the sky.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I mean c'mon, Kev - You think that this kind of protest is a laughing matter?

No, I think the reaction to it is a laughing matter. The protesters got their airtime and nobody died, what's so terrible about it? The media have distorted the perspective on this and everybody seems happy to go along with it. Is it really such a big deal?

Quote from S14 DRIFT :It's more than that disabled kid,

That's right, it's a few other people too. Flights get cancelled all the time either because of inclement weather or striking airport staff or whatever. What's special about this story?
well said psycho

The problem is that hippies never think past "save the whales". Animals that we don't use or don't affect the animals we do use are pretty close to the most useless things on earth. Hippies want every company to pay millions for their carbon output which is ridiculous. Those hippies should be personally taxed for their carbon output. Every breath they take should come out of their pocket. When they die and are at last one with the Earth-Mother, their estate will pay out the ass for the carbon released by their decomposing corpse. They imagine that it is "the man" that makes them unhappy when really it is their inability to realize that their lives are empty and worthless.
As far as I'm concerned protesters should be treated no differently to any other intruder at a vulnerable location, they should be immediately rounded up by armed police and shot if they refuse to co-operate plain and simple, had they done that at a military airfield they'd soon either come to their senses or have a load of lead in them.
Quote from flymike91 :Animals that we don't use or don't affect the animals we do use are pretty close to the most useless things on earth.

you really are the single most american person in the world... btw guess whos more than just close to the most useless thing on earth

Quote from ajp71 :they should be immediately rounded up by armed police and shot if they refuse to co-operate plain and simple

heck why be so easy on them... theyre exactly what guantanamo is for
I am all for legal protest, but they broke into a secure area, one that is SUPPOSED to be protected for terrorism reasons, because of that, they should be arrested, and dealt with to the full force of the law.

All they have done is caused a lot of grief, and shown just how poor our security around airports is.
Quote :As far as I'm concerned protesters should be treated no differently to any other intruder at a vulnerable location, they should be immediately rounded up by armed police and shot if they refuse to co-operate plain and simple, had they done that at a military airfield they'd soon either come to their senses or have a load of lead in them.

Hell yeah, I pulled over by the road once (in my car with it's obsenely large engine) to check the map and before I could look up page 62 gridbox A2 I was surrounded by armed military police! It turns out the fence i'd parked up against was property of HRH Queen Bee, and on the other side was lots of very expensive airplaines designed to kill towel wearing infidels... I wont be doing that again...
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :If I recall correctly trains are the most inefficient form of transport per person (well second really as ships have that hands down).

I'm pretty sure you're holding the chart upside down.
Quote from flymike91 :The problem is that hippies never think past "save the whales".

Exactly. The whales are all for global warming. It will give them more water to swim in, and the biggest bonus of all: wipeout of human civilization. Yay!
Quote from danowat :All they have done is caused a lot of grief, and shown just how poor our security around airports is.

.. and for showing how crappy airport security is, they deserve to be punished?
Quote from ajp71 :As far as I'm concerned protesters should be treated no differently to any other intruder at a vulnerable location, they should be immediately rounded up by armed police and shot if they refuse to co-operate plain and simple, had they done that at a military airfield they'd soon either come to their senses or have a load of lead in them.

That.

They won't even get a slap on the wrists. No doubt a large majority of these "protesters" really come from large estates in the Cotswolds. Daddy will fix any trouble they get in.
Quote from danowat :I am all for legal protest, but they broke into a secure area, one that is SUPPOSED to be protected for terrorism reasons, because of that, they should be arrested, and dealt with to the full force of the law.

They'd be welcome round at my house for tea any time, but if they cut through my fence on their way in, I'd give 'em a slap.

Quote from danowat :All they have done is caused a lot of grief, and shown just how poor our security around airports is.

So you'd rather we still didn't know how poor the security at Stansted is?
Quote from thisnameistaken :So you'd rather we still didn't know how poor the security at Stansted is?

pfff. It doesnt matter how good security is there is always a way past it. You dont need crime or anything else to highlight that. Would you rather have tanks on permanent guard at the perimeter and ID card checking if you come within 5 miles of any secure compound?

Does Stansted need a high security classification? It's an airport. The last I checked they wherent housing a nuclear missile silo. Should we double security at council offices too? What about bus stops? Perhaps we should station armed guards at letter boxes too?
I'd have them for criminal damage (the fence), trespassing (the runway) and suspected terror threats (bypassing airport security).

Of course, as has already been said, I bet most of them live in mansions and have carbon footprints the size of Stansted. In fact, were I a journo, I'd be out to find out everything I could about each one of them to point out exactly how hypocritical they were.

But then I'm known for being a bit mean.
I've been resisting the urge to cite our draconic anti-terror laws as being breached, there are plenty of civil and criminal laws they're already in breach of. We dont need to dust off the anti-terror laws to arrest a load of tresspassers - I mean, they're not MP's are they?
You don't NEED to, but if you're on a roll why would you not lay on as many charges as you can?

Stansted Protest
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG