The online racing simulator
#26 - Jakg
Quote from oliver17491 :Got my sidewinder joystick and i have now made it in to a shifter (but not a H shifter). Here are some pics of it

#cough# i dont see anything #cough#
here are the pics of my shifter
Attached images
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 003.jpg
#28 - Jakg
Quote from oliver17491 :here are the pics of my shifter

sweet, saw it 2 hours ago when it was a "normal" joystick

If i cant get a G25 im def gonna make one!
Quote from deggis :Now that G25 is here and it's "affordable for everyone" meaning that a shifter+clutch setup will be a stardard soon, I really hope that in a few years sim would have, how would I say it, more radical controller requirements. That you would actually need a clutch pedal and a shifter in cars that would have it in real life too.

$300 for a game controller is definitly NOT "affordable for everyone". Especially when it is more than half the cost of my entire system including my current wheel (Momo). Also, until they come out with a properly set up pedal system, ie, the pedals mounted from above without modification, and that is "affordable" to EVERYONE, not just those who have the cash to throw around for $300 game controllers, then shifter+clutch setup had better not become the standard.
Guess why did I use quotation marks?

And I mostly meant that it's so far the cheapest setup you can get with a clutch and shifter. And basicly the only choice too, ECCI and Frex pedals are in a different price class. Those costs alone more than the whole G25. ACT Labs shifter is near 100 $ too (or something?). Don't you think G25 is actually pretty cheap after all?
Quote from mrodgers :). Also, until they come out with a properly set up pedal system, ie, the pedals mounted from above without modification, and that is "affordable" to EVERYONE, not just those who have the cash to throw around for $300 game controllers, then shifter+clutch setup had better not become the standard.

what you talking about? IRL Porsche 911 has pedals mounted from below (because the linkage has to go under the driver to the back of the car). you wouldn't call a 911 "improperly set up " would you?
#32 - Vain
I just went down to the garage to check it, and the 911 in there has clutch and brakes mounted on the top, with gas mounted below. Like all other Porsches I drove. And every other car I ever drove beside one tractor.

Vain
Quote from Vain :I just went down to the garage to check it, and the 911 in there has clutch and brakes mounted on the top, with gas mounted below. Like all other Porsches I drove. And every other car I ever drove beside one tractor.

Vain

what year? my room mate's 86 definitely has all 3 mounted to the floor.
i have just orded a act-labs shifter for £30 i will post some pics soon
Here are some of my pics of my shifter and one of my lovely DFP

Attached images
24092006(004).jpg
24092006.jpg
24092006(002).jpg
IMG_1934.JPG
#37 - Vain
@Evilgeek:
You can choose about any year from 1964 to 1992.
I had about every Porsche of the company in my greedy hands.
The first 2 litre 911 series from 1964-1969, a 1975 911 2.7, 930 (911 Turbo), a 914/4, 914/6, 924, 944 (1985 and 1986 versions), 944S, 944 Turbo, 928, 968, 986 (Boxster), 911 SC and a 964.
And each and every of them had the clutch and brake mounted on top, while the accelerator was mounted below.

Vain
Nice wheel you got on there, bit better than the one I had on it Bet it weighs a tad more though.

No plans to put any buttons back on it?
Thanks the wheels weights 100g less then the old one and i would like to get the frex buttons for it but cant afford it. What i have thought of doing it getting watercooling for my pc and having a car water temp gauge and put it on my wheel i think that would look sweet

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG