The online racing simulator
STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
:tempted: :something

be calm guys
Quote from tristancliffe :
[...]

Finally, Sammyboy, I agree with your stance, and your position. To Serpentine: This is a not an open forum where you can do what you like and run things how you like - it is a private forum present for a specific purpose and hosted, with rules, by certain individuals. Those certain individuals elect a few members to moderate this forum and maintain certain standards, and it is there right to tell you what to do, or how to do it. If you think it's bad here then try RSC and you'll see what it is REALLY like at time. This forum is exceptionally open and gently moderated (which is a good thing), but certain rules about harrassment HAVE to be enforced to make it acceptable.

[OT]I appreciate your input, but you seem to be addressing points I never made. Not once have I suggested I should be able to do whatever I like on this forum. I've been around long enough to know who runs this forum, and how it is run. There are many forms of harrassment that take place almost daily here, but most get overlooked because of who is doing the harrassing. One only has to look at the responses to any poor unfortunate new user that has neglected to use the search facility before posting. A bit of consistency and even-handedness would go a long way.[/OT]
The odd 'use the damn search button' post is quite different to repeated mocking and fault-finding of one individual.

And if I got the wrong end of the stick about
Quote :Well, actually, with respect, I'd rather you left me to fight my own battles.

then I'm sorry, but it sounded to me like 'I can say what I want, and I don't need moderating thank you very much'. Apologies again if I read it wrong
If you click each others names you get the option to send a PM.
Quote from tristancliffe :The odd 'use the damn search button' post is quite different to repeated mocking and fault-finding of one individual.

And if I got the wrong end of the stick about
"Well, actually, with respect, I'd rather you left me to fight my own battles."
then I'm sorry, but it sounded to me like 'I can say what I want, and I don't need moderating thank you very much'. Apologies again if I read it wrong

The quote you selected was in response to:

Quote from SamH :It is my responsibility as a moderator to protect members from that kind of posting. I'm sure you'd expect me to do the same if you were on the receiving end.

So, in context all I meant was that I'm capable of defending myself against harrassment. (And yes, I do appreciate there are others who do need protected by moderators)

Becky - Sorry your thread went OT, but since James' punishment was declared publicly, I felt the ensuing discussion should be public as well.

Serp
as i said before be calm dudes.have a nice talk.
Quote from Serpentine :since James' punishment was declared publicly, I felt the ensuing discussion should be public as well.

I apologise if I ever gave you the impression that my decisions as a Moderator were topics for debate. They're not. James received an infraction, and that is that.

Becky, have you got anything by Pfeizer?
I've been looking Sam, but according to my doctor as I dont have a boyfriend I shouldn't worry about it. I have been meaning to get one though, because my doctor also says I need one before I can have any kids.

I asked her, "Doctor" I said, "I think i'm pregnant, am I?" and she looked at me, then she made a funny sound, I was distracted by laughter in the corrider but when I looked back she had been crying I think, I felt sorry for her.

Anyway she said to me, "I'm really sorry Becky, but you are not pregnant. Unless your the virgin Mary or something." at which point she gave a polite laugh, although I thought she overdid that a little bit.

"I this because i'm impotent?" I asked here.

And she started making this very funny noise, it was like a Hyena on heat or something, and tears where flooding down her face and she kept appologising and saying "excuse me". She excused me from the room and gave me a leaflet on masturbation.

Now can I have my thread back please?
hehe! All yours, kiddo!
Becky, that was very funny.

On a different topic, How bout them RB4's at AS club?
Argh! I'm struggling badly! The RB4 is sooooo heavy that the momentum is almost crippling for a fast lap. It's because of that body mass that competitive driving is almost impossible. You have almost no room to manoevre, because the fast line for the RB4 is just so narrow.

[edit] I'm gonna go in the STCC server now, for a few laps. I was working on a setup yesterday when I got sucker-punched by the OCC, calling me.
How many laps is the race, because I have a formula to figure out how many pitstops I'll need:

p=L/1

I think for me the hardest part will be the chicane, becuase I'm used to driving it in the FOX, so no braking, it'll take some time to adapt.
Biggie's RB4 is 0.19 seconds behind flotch's XRT, so these cars are really well met, considering the added stability of the RB4 during braking and acceleration and the concluding stability in laptimes. As always, the FXO leads the field by about one second a lap.
There's a thread in the stcc forum where you might want to discuss the next round. There more drivers will (hopefully) read it.

Vain
Quote from SamH :I apologise if I ever gave you the impression that my decisions as a Moderator were topics for debate. They're not. James received an infraction, and that is that.

And I apologise if I gave you the impression I was some kid you could kick around.

I tried to keep it civil, but I believe your last response was totally uncalled for.

You're a moderator of a forum. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal. You shouldn't let it go to your head.
I'll give you something else uncalled for in a minute, i've asked once nicely, twice sarcastically and in a moment i'll get out right plain nasty. Take it to PM.
my main problems are braking for the last corner (locking up the wheels due to crap pedals), and a pc that keeps dying

The solution? ACT Labs pedals and a 7950GT just arrived!
Two things:
1. Moderators shouldn't bully the forum users around. In no case.
2. As a driver I also have my worries about faster111's ability to race safely. But I also see that the waiting list is very long and there is enough time to establish friendly contact with him in some of the practice sessions. I wouldn't expect faster111 to be driving in a counted STCC race before round 6. I suggest the other drivers to open their mind and judge faster111 by what they see on the track.
3. I really can't wait until I come back home. A tiny bit of why I'm looking forward to getting home is the race at Aston Club. I don't like the track, but I'm sure gonna love the racing there.

Vain
I'm in awe that my decision to give an infraction for blatant bullying is being turned into a complaint that I am bullying. Seems a bit twisted, but you can't please everyone all the time. Oh well.

I've only just broken into the 1:13s in the RB4, so I'm a long way off the pace. The last corner is a challenge for me, since I changed the brakes to get better performance out of them in T1.

In the chicane, I'm constantly fighting ballast.. it feels like a REALLY top-heavy boat that I have to steer to shift its weight, WAY beyond what's needed in the FXO.
Quote from SamH :In the chicane, I'm constantly fighting ballast.. it feels like a REALLY top-heavy boat that I have to steer to shift its weight, WAY beyond what's needed in the FXO.

unless you get the right line through the 2nd chicane in the FXO the rear goes onto the grass (=bad!), and the only way i could stop that was with some rear camber, but i tweaked the set more and made it crap and i can't remember what the set was like before
1m13 looks fine to me Sam ! The hotlap record is only 1m12
Quote from Jakg :unless you get the right line through the 2nd chicane in the FXO the rear goes onto the grass (=bad!), and the only way i could stop that was with some rear camber, but i tweaked the set more and made it crap and i can't remember what the set was like before

I actually stacked my RB4 with tons of toe-in, and that's helped loads. I based this setup on my South City setup, which was probably the most stupid thing to do, in retrospect! LOL!

Becky, when I say I broke into 1:13s.. what I mean is that my PB is 1:13.99! LOL!
Yes but to be within two second of a 'hot lap' record, especially on a track where hotlappers usually take an extra run up (so I gather, havn't looked), that should make you reasonably competetive.

Of course I tend to look at the field as a whole, and there's a difference between keeping with the pack and leading it...
Yeah, that's 95% of the problem I think. If I can't have my choice of line to take, at the optimum speed I need to take it because of other cars, then I'll likely be chewing on tyres or windowlicking at a barrier.. or dropping down the field a bit rapidly.
500th post....No idea why its an honour but the thread is a good giggle Becky how longs that wait list?
This thread is closed

STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG