The online racing simulator
STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
Quote from SamH :I tried to get behind car 4, and into the run-off, but locked up brakes and lost control. Apologies to car 4.

Apology accepted, I saw from the replay you were doing everything you could to save the situation, but I have to admit there's not much can be done when you brake at 75m instead of ~125m. Wink
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I have to protest that one, The way I saw it was he ran wide, and I had nowhere to go, nor sufficient time to react.

Not that I have a say on the matter but I support Dustin's view on this. The other car (7) had already hit the kerb and slowed suddenly, and Dustin, in a bit of a slide had no way of reacting.
Quote from STROBE :there's not much can be done when you brake at 75m instead of ~125m. Wink

Yeah.. that's what you get for playing a sim that actually mimicks real life! Grrr! If we'd been playing on a PS2 or X-Box, we wouldn't need to be having this conversation! I'd have had another 20 meters, and STILL made the corner, NO problem! Tilt
I know the feeling, I played GT4 for like 2 months, then tryed to jump back into LFS, I found myself missing many (read: all) corners.
Stewards Note
It is the opinion of the clerk of the course (ie: me!) that the chain reaction incident under the safety car was caused by traffic compression, and not necessarily the fault of any individual driver. It may be considered wiser to leave a larger gap to the car infront whilst under the safety car until the "safety car in this lap" board is given. Particularly consider that under safety car drivers line, speed, and attention span may vary.
Quote from Becky Rose :Stewards Note
It is the opinion of the clerk of the course (ie: me!) that the chain reaction incident under the safety car was caused by traffic compression, and not necessarily the fault of any individual driver. It may be considered wiser to leave a larger gap to the car infront whilst under the safety car until the "safety car in this lap" board is given. Particularly consider that under safety car drivers line, speed, and attention span may vary.

after watching the replays, I think I ran a tad too close to the safety car, although watching the tyre warmers on lap 19 with the sc was mad, there were 3 cars drifting about, how none of them collided I do not know!
You people should really go to sleep...
I can't, i'm still on a high! I'm both exhausted and excited and still waiting for the downer.

The stats compiled from LFSC ok (suprisingly considering how bugged it is atm) but I cannot upload them atm, i'll see if I can sneak them onto the work server tomorrow. It's slow, but at least you will be able to view them.
Steward Enquiry
M. Hayward listed as an RB4 driver competed in XRT. Investigation pending, if upheld driver will be disqualified from the results. REPEALED
Provisional Standings
T. Arends 26pts
D. Horvath 26pts
C. Redman 21pts
R. Sherborne 21pts
J. Green 20pts
P. Galaske 20pts
I. Strobe 13pts
S. Baker 12pts
D. Dawes 12pts
S. Hopkinson 9pt
B. Islam 7pts
M. Hayward 3pts
A. Hepp 2pts
Quote from Becky Rose :Steward Enquiry
M. Hayward listed as an RB4 driver competed in XRT. Investigation pending, if upheld driver will be disqualified from the results.

Concerned here. I recall a conversation with you, where you indicated that it would be okay for Mike to switch to the XRT. I believe it was by PM in the LFS forum.

Unfortunately all I have to support that is a .csv of old PMs, that I'm having difficulty translating (comma-separated.. duh, every message I write is populated with commas. Oops), and an email in my outbox with a UKCT.net XRT skin for Mike, to you. I'll re-forward that email now.
Quote from Becky Rose :Provisional Standings
T. Arends 26pts
D. Horvath 26pts
C. Redman 21pts
R. Sherbourne 21pts
J. Green 20pts
P. Galaske 20pts
I. Strobe 13pts
S. Baker 12pts
D. Dawes 12pts
S. Hopkinson 9pt
B. Islam 7pts
M. Hayward 3pts
A. Hepp 2pts

Just a minor one in the grand scheme, but my name has no u; it's spelt Sherborne.

'Sherbourne' was the favourite spelling of the Nat West Bank when printing my cheque books :banghead:
Before I go to bed, many thanks to Becky for the effort putting the STCC into reality. Despite forum and server problems, I think it got off to a great start. Thumbs up

This is my first league experience (as my STCC entry page so succinctly points out) I fully enjoyed the first race and hope the rest of the season is a success.

I was wondering whether league organisers usually put so much time in to investigate every bump and scrape. Sure requires a lot of dedication to trawl through the replays Nod but it also gives it a feeling of reality and seriousness - just hope you don't hand out large fines like the FIA Big grin
Quote :Concerned here. I recall a conversation with you, where you indicated that it would be okay for Mike to switch to the XRT. I believe it was by PM in the LFS forum.

Unfortunately all I have to support that is a .csv of old PMs, that I'm having difficulty translating (comma-separated.. duh, every message I write is populated with commas. Oops), and an email in my outbox with a UKCT.net XRT skin for Mike, to you. I'll re-forward that email now.

I dont recall it at all, and unfortunately just prior to the event I reached 190 PM's again so dumped them all and started afresh incase I has any during the race weekend and didn't have space.

Any PM you find may be very useful in resolving this as I dont recall that - the entry page should have 8 RB4's, 8 FXO's, and 8 XRT's.

Given we had 13 drivers when we had space for 15 there is perhaps some merit in increasing this to 10 of each class, if so he'd be allowed to make the transition anyway and we'd forget about the mix up - so it's something we need to sort out over the next week.

Quote :Just a minor one in the grand scheme, but my name has no u

Well it was 3am, so you'll just have to use deed poll Wink !.

Quote :I was wondering whether league organisers usually put so much time in to investigate every bump and scrape

Not in my personal experience, but i'm not widely experienced. Maybe others can throw more light on that, there's bound to be exceptions.

Quote :just hope you don't hand out large fines like the FIA

Now there's an idea, I am a bit short on reddies at the moment too...
I have watched Dustin & Bobby's incident again from Dustin's point of view and accept that there was not much Dustin could do and I deem it a racing accident.

Lap 1, Station Bend, 16+7 REPEALED
Car 16 drifted into car 7 whilst trying to pass, resulting in Car 7 striking the kerb and taking considerable damage and lost time. Car 16 Probable penalty - referred to panel.
Quote from Becky Rose :Provisional Standings
T. Arends 26pts
D. Horvath 26pts
C. Redman 21pts
R. Sherborne 21pts
J. Green 20pts
P. Galaske 20pts
I. Strobe 13pts
S. Baker 12pts
D. Dawes 12pts
S. Hopkinson 9pt
B. Islam 7pts
M. Hayward 3pts
A. Hepp 2pts

ok, so this class thing is starting to imbalance things, lets just pretend that i didnt crash in the last race, that i won, that would mean that i set the fastest lap in every race, qualified pole in every race AND won every race. But because of the class thing i get overtaken by the people in XRT's and RB4's!
cant wait to see the broadcast tho!
Quote :But because of the class thing i get overtaken by the people in XRT's and RB4's!

It should even out after a few races because the class bonus points have a wider stagger. It was always intended that a high finisher in a backmarker class car would score more points than the overall winner in a dominant car, but the results this event where slightly scewed from the reduced entries. Certainly I think the FXO's have a harder job in the title chase - but more points are up for grabs overall for them, unless one particular driver dominants the slower classes.

I have to say that overall I was impressed by just how competetive the lesser classes where in this round.

If it becomes necessary to tweak the points later in the series then I will do so, and if necessary I will retro-actively apply it although i'd like to avoid that.
Quote from Becky Rose :It should even out after a few races because the class bonus points have a wider stagger. It was always intended that a high finisher in a backmarker class car would score more points than the overall winner in a dominant car, but the results this event where slightly scewed from the reduced entries. Certainly I think the FXO's have a harder job in the title chase - but more points are up for grabs overall for them, unless one particular driver dominants the slower classes.

i understand the points system and how its neccesary, but if you think i have a perfect race in the FXO then get beaten by someone else its a bit of a kick in the face

o well, i enjoyed it after i finally calmed down!
Smax and I are ready and waiting (though we neve actually had a practice commentary due to mainly my lack of time keeping skills).

So Becky, when you have some free time send us a vid or something and we'll try to come up with something...
Heya Tristan, i've got an updated commentary application for you, it's quite funky actually and has a push to talk system et all Smile. I'll upload it for you both later on when the boss is off my back (I was away Friday and everything has gone awry whilst I was off!).

For the commentary we first need the visuals for you to comment on, this will take 1-2 weeks. Atm I need to buy a copy of Fraps that I cant do atm because my home email with my paypal account is down, and paypal wont let me use the same card on two different email accounts. So I cannot start the video just yet, but hopefully that will be solved in a few days.
Quote from tristancliffe :Smax and I are ready and waiting (though we neve actually had a practice commentary due to mainly my lack of time keeping skills).

So Becky, when you have some free time send us a vid or something and we'll try to come up with something...

i have all the replays, they wont be used for the broadcast BUT you can use them until becky sends you the right ones

i had to put them in 4 rar archives :S
No dont use the replays please, that may result in the commentators not talking about what is on screen Smile.
Quote from Becky Rose :No dont use the replays please, that may result in the commentators not talking about what is on screen Smile.

lucky, because uploading the files didnt work!
Quote from Becky Rose :It should even out after a few races because the class bonus points have a wider stagger. It was always intended that a high finisher in a backmarker class car would score more points than the overall winner in a dominant car, but the results this event where slightly scewed from the reduced entries. Certainly I think the FXO's have a harder job in the title chase - but more points are up for grabs overall for them, unless one particular driver dominants the slower classes.

I have to say that overall I was impressed by just how competetive the lesser classes where in this round.

If it becomes necessary to tweak the points later in the series then I will do so, and if necessary I will retro-actively apply it although i'd like to avoid that.

I honestly think that Thommm in the RB4 will be a force in this league, mainly because he is so quick and consistent. I do agree that the FXO has a big lead, then the RB4 and XRT are fairly close, depending on track (XRT has higher speed, but harder to get out of corners)
This thread is closed

STCC Sim Touring Car Cup
(515 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG