The online racing simulator
#1 - Pasci
A current progress report about graphic/physic is welcome
Hello Devs

The last few months LFS has changed a lot with mod support. That's of course great.

I just noticed that the last graphics/physics progress update with the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuwHBVvp-wg is almost 1 year old. Can we expect a current status of the graphics update soon? With the mod support, among other things, you Scawen were probably heavily absorbed, which is why the progress in physics is probably limited. It's also understandable. Ideally, we all only have two hands. Smile

It would be great to read and see something about the graphics/physics update again (screenshots and/or videos are of course also very welcome).

Thanks
It would be very interesting to see some raw screenshots of progress or something like that. It helps morally to believe that it will be very cool soon.
Challenge for Eric 🤞🏻
yes please. progress report will be cool or even just some screenshots or a quick post hows the physics and graphics goin on
@Scawen
@Eric
@Victor
It would be very nice to see updated screenshots of the Fern Bay track. Please publish a new progress report developers.
#6 - Tazka
Quote from yusuf_delil :It would be very nice to see updated screenshots of the Fern Bay track. Please publish a new progress report developers.

According to Scawens last update on this Fern bay wont make it before the big update.

Quote :We want the community to have the new version so we are trying to get to that point as quickly as possible. To do that, some things we want to do can wait until after the release. For the first version, Eric plans to focus on finishing South City and Kyoto while Scawen works on the tyre physics. Fern Bay and further graphical improvements can be done after the big update.

But Eric is full of surprises : see the RB4 2.0 😁
I'm pretty sure Scawen was busy first with the lighting system and engine updates for Eric, then with the mods system and probably only started working on tyre physics again after 0.7D release. It's plenty of work so really doubt he had time to even think about it until now, therefore I suspect no visible progres there. Maybe Eric should be able to show us some stuff, related to Fern Bay possibly? Or some new secret tracks? Smile
I am wondering how the car lights will be implemented in the new update because right now we just have a texture (for example headlights) that turns brighter when you activate it. All mods will need to be redone for a proper light system
I assume light will shine out forwards of the designated texture for headlights are that currently turns brighter. That's just my assumption,which seems to be the "easiest" solution.
Quote from Tazka :According to Scawens last update on this Fern bay wont make it before the big update.

Yeah, but it's been few months since then and it looks like it will take some more (maybe a year), so meantime Eric might start to work on Fern Bay. Shrug
Quote from Eclipsed :I assume light will shine out forwards of the designated texture for headlights are that currently turns brighter. That's just my assumption,which seems to be the "easiest" solution.

Most likely, the beam of light will be adjusted separately, directly on the road. Regardless of the initial texture of the glow of the headlights themselves. That would be the most logical solution. In any case, the light should be adjusted in as much detail as possible so that the effect of blinding others is not created.
I think everyone wants to know as soon as possible when the patch will be released and what will be in it. And yes, there is still no progress report about Fern Bay, although a year has passed from last report.
But if the time spent on the progress report will be from the time that could be spent on developing and finalizing the patch, then I would prefer that they first release a test patch and then, with the announcement of the release version, make a beautiful progress report with screenshots and maybe a video what will be in it.
btw, do not underestimate the influence of videos on YouTube, if a beautiful video comes out on release and it gets into the citation of all kinds of news and gaming publics, then this can bring a lot of new audience. If you're lucky, sure. The news can be taken from the site, but less likely.
but not reply for an approximative aim date, to ease the wait

A current progress report about graphic/physic is welcome
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG