The online racing simulator
Triple monitor support issue
(3 posts, started )
#1 - Turbo
Hi, I've setup 3 identical 27" 1440p monitors with DisplayPort connections from a NVIDIA RTX2080 and can enable them in LFS, however they are weirdly offset and no amount of changing the settings (left/right screens number or specific pixel widths) seems to help. This only seems to be an issue when I also have an ONKYO 5.1 A/V receiver connected via HDMI for audio, in order for the audio signal to be enabled from the RTX2080 over HDMI it seems to be connected/detected in my Windows 10 OS as another (4th) display device (shows as 1080p), which LFS also seems to be detecting and trying to accomodate into the triple monitor support (if i set it to disconnected in Windows then the audio gets disconnected as well).

I thought a workaround would be to enable the NVIDIA surround (Span displays with surround) but when enabled and I start LFS the screens go blank and my PC hard reboots.

Is there a way to specify that LFS ignores a monitor in one of the LFS config files, I can get some logs uploaded if required, the PC rebooting with NVIDIA surround is repeatable.
It seems quite strange that the audio device is shown as a display device.

LFS doesn't really know about separate physical monitors. It renders to a single surface that spans multiple monitors. When you press SHIFT+F12 I think it tries to go for a full screen borderless window at the desktop resolution.

So it seems to me you need to examine the actual desktop resolution when the device is enabled. It seems to me that Windows is reporting to LFS a larger desktop than you can actually see (a desktop spanning 4 screens although you only really have 3 physical screens).

When your audio device is connected, and you go into Windows display (or screen resolution) settings, do you have an option to only use the first 3 screens and leave the '4th screen' unused?
#3 - Turbo
** Best answer **
Many thanks for the reply, I've managed to resolve it in the Windows Display settings by setting the 3rd and 4th monitors to "Duplicate", the combined monitor defaults to the 1080p resolution but I've set it back to 1440p without any problem, tested in LFS and works without issue, sound is also going throught the A/V HDMI port successfully as well.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG