The online racing simulator
RAY 400 TOURING
(14 posts, started )
RAY 400 TOURING
Rooted in a real love for race cars, especially those from the 60's - 90's, I couldn't resist the idea of tackling another old school classic. This time I stumbled across the Opel Manta B 400, a car with a pretty decent history in rallying and with a few built for circuit racing.

The LFS GTR class is such a fun class, big power, big downforce & big turbos!
I decided to do my own take on a Manta that is set up for racing in the GTR class and is specced to fit right into the GTR class.

I give you the Ray 400 Touring, a 2.4L, 4 cylinder turbo, 6 speed manual with good suspension, decent front and rear downforce and underfloor aero. Initial tests have been very promising vs the standard LFS GTR's with the Ray 400 Touring giving up a 10th or 2 in the corners and taking that back on the straights.

Lots of fun
Attached images
R400T1.png
R400T2.png
R400T3.png
R400T4.png
R400T5.png
oof it looks quite nice Thumbs up
I hope to test this soon. I liked your MK1.
Love this, the Group B touring cars that never happened now are happening!
Quote from [OD :Jardim;2001382"]Love this, the Group B touring cars that never happened now are happening!

It's fun isn't it Smile
At least we get to live out our dreams in some way/ shape/ form
Quote from M3THANOL :It's fun isn't it Smile
At least we get to live out our dreams in some way/ shape/ form

I can tell you're a man of culture. Thanks for this.

Would it be too much to ask if you plan on making a road going homologation car? asking for friend lol!
Quote from [OD :Jardim;2001497"]I can tell you're a man of culture. Thanks for this.

Would it be too much to ask if you plan on making a road going homologation car? asking for friend lol!

hehehe thanks bud, likewise!

I am definitely planning to do a road going version/ rally version Smile
Pretty nice, although I make the following audio changes when driving it to reduce clipping:

-Exhaust volume to around 3
-Dump pipe to 1.6
-Wind to 0.6
-Skid to 0.7

It still clips a bit on Blackwood's straight but it's still much improved in that regard. I don't think it effects tone too much, either.
is the offset supposed to make the wheel tucked into the arch? because it looks like it needs to be wider like 20 cm wider
Quote from Zopiac :Pretty nice, although I make the following audio changes when driving it to reduce clipping:

-Exhaust volume to around 3
-Dump pipe to 1.6
-Wind to 0.6
-Skid to 0.7

It still clips a bit on Blackwood's straight but it's still much improved in that regard. I don't think it effects tone too much, either.

Thanks, I'll look into it
Quote from meaowboi19 :is the offset supposed to make the wheel tucked into the arch? because it looks like it needs to be wider like 20 cm wider

Yes the wheels are supposed to be inside the arches and given the design of the Opel Manta, you have to have big bubble style arches to accommodate the increase front and rear track width.
Quote from M3THANOL :Yes the wheels are supposed to be inside the arches and given the design of the Opel Manta, you have to have big bubble style arches to accommodate the increase front and rear track width.

aight thanks for info

RAY 400 TOURING
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG