The online racing simulator
Quote from Avraham Vandezwin :Off topic {
I have a question, and please don't see any sarcasm on my part. You're always on deck keeping watch. Why not become a moderator ? You could delete the posts that bother you, ban people who are not race online enough, even delete their profiles.
}

"You're always on deck keeping watch" That is very wrong first of all but its ok

Id love to be a moderator and delete posts and especially mods,also wouldnt mind deleting you

What you doing here is spamming and talking about god or i dont even know,troll account eh Na-na
Quote from Viperakecske :"You're always on deck keeping watch" That is very wrong first of all but its ok

Id love to be a moderator and delete posts and especially mods,also wouldnt mind deleting you

What you doing here is spamming and talking about god or i dont even know,troll account eh Na-na

Thank you for your frankness Big grin.
Could you tell us in two words your definitions of Spam and Troll?
It would help me a lot to understand what you are saying. Shrug
Quote from Avraham Vandezwin :Thank you for your frankness Big grin.
Could you tell us in two words your definitions of Spam and Troll?
It would help me a lot to understand what you are saying. Shrug

I assume youre a troll with 0 km driven distance,and writing essays here that has nothing to do whit anything especially LFS Shrug

Maybe i see it wrong,but whatever enjoy your life and lfsforum Na-na
I understand now. Smile
We got off to a bad start. My messages are too long, you don't read them and you think it's not about LFS. I assure you it is quite the opposite. The long post on this page (for example) was a reply to the post jjust above. I did not quote it. It's a mistake. Sorry. It would have helped you understand what I said.
Good race to you Na-na

Off topic end
TL;DR the LFS userbase is small and there's basically no pick up racing.
While this is true, i think you're maybe overestimating the impact of the fixed setup thing here.

If that happened now, i don't see attendance numbers magically skyrocketing or new players coming in, more is needed for that such as the elusive update and new content. Tracks especially. And even then the ship may have sailed.

All of the other stuff you wrote is pretty much irrelevant to scheduled events.
You're talking about pickup racing with fixed setups.
Quote from johneysvk :TL;DR the LFS userbase is small and there's basically no pick up racing.
While this is true, i think you're maybe overestimating the impact of the fixed setup thing here.

If that happened now, i don't see attendance numbers magically skyrocketing or new players coming in, more is needed for that such as the elusive update and new content. Tracks especially. And even then the ship may have sailed.

All of the other stuff you wrote is pretty much irrelevant to scheduled events.
You're talking about pickup racing with fixed setups.

I didn't say it was magic Big grin.
Of course, the next updates will be decisive. I'm just saying that it lacks an intermediate class between demo and professional races. This new class could allow for a smoother transition between the two. This is where the fixed configuration could help.Shrug

For the rest, I'm sorry, but my post has on the contrary everything to do with the scheduled events in the sense that these events are scheduled by communities that address their members. The LFS community being small, communities have difficulty filling in the grids. It's logic.
The idea is to have events that reach people outside of the established LFS audience.
Scawen, I've noticed that you're creating more objects and signs and that's really good!
Would it be possible to create an object similar to this mod? for rally championships it would be amazing !!
Mod is called " STAGE START "

I believe that if LFS also bet on more objects for rally's we can have very interesting rally events in the future!

I believe we can help attract more people and hold events like other simulators in LFS.

Mod link

https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/CA972A
Attached images
lfs_00001508.jpg
lfs_00001509.jpg
lfs_00001511.jpg
Quote from Avraham Vandezwin :

The problem with doing things before thinking about them (I'm teasing you Big grin) is that you deal with what is possible to do. You only reproduce the same principle, with the same constraints, for more or less results.

The third category I am talking about would allow us to rediscover the magical simplicity of the origins.

Haha xD

Well that's true. I mean I'm not interested in casual racing so no surprise I don't even consider it as something that shall have a collateral impact in improving attendance.

You may be right, and I guess it is not that difficult to implement a "same setup for all" option, and it won't hurt anyone. However, we don't see much of that casual activity going on these days... as I said I wish I'd be proven wrong, but my eyes tell a different story.
You know, the devs were already talking about cars with fixed or limited setups a good dozen years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens with the next update. There's a lot of bustle here, but most of the time we're watching a train go by with long-scheduled stops.Big grin

What is strange and funny too Tilt is that this idea of fixed or limited setups seems to appeal much less to part of the community.
The best (I think) is to initially let the modders limit themselves the possibilities of setups for their vehicles. Which is already possible, in part at least.

Quote from tangovalens : I mean I'm not interested in casual racing

Last precision, having a new class of cars with fixed or limited setups, would not prohibit organizing events scheduled with these cars. There is no incompatibility. You are in a better position than me to know and/or verify that racers would be interested in this. Wink
Quote from johneysvk : You're talking about pickup racing with fixed setups.

Don't feel obligated, but what do you mean?

(I have a poor command of English, but I don't think I mentioned something like that Uhmm)
Perhaps a timer for each event would increase the probabilty of entering in a race. Other aspect that comes to my mind is career progression, lfs is a sim I know, but perhaps a little more gamification would converge toward this goal of helping drivers to organize themselves and achieve more in game. I love to play lfs and my dream f9r this game was to become a granturismo done properly, I know that's a lot to ask but perhaps looking around benchmarking what other sims and games are implementing to retain people playing. What I noticed after mods came into lfs is a lot of great content (srsly there's some mods that are awesome) but no focus whatsoever in propperly racing them, perhaps is just a matter of time to tweak and adjust them, but anyhow I'm feeling that lfs also needs some guidelines attinent to format of racing and categorys to keep things on rails specially on mods department.
The only way to increase attendence at events and all other servers in general is simply to attract more players. Note that I used "simply", while in fact this is a very complex thing. Lfs needs more updates in all departments, but they will come in time. Don't forget that one of lfs main strengths is that it has a very specilized and small community. This is a double egde sword, that may bring a lot of risk. We survived all these years, so community will exist as long as the sim exists. I actually preffer that Scawen keeps the game as it is, without too much mumbo jumbo.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG