The online racing simulator
Thanks to...
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Goop
Thanks to...
... the people who, when blue-flagged, make way as soon as is practical. I used to hit the smile macro, but I've gone off track too many times reaching for the keyboard. Sometimes, I'd thank them after the race, but you know what? It happens so frequently now that I can't remember names! Considerate racers, in LFS, exist they do! :yoda:

Just know that it is really appreciated - thanks!

And when any of you come up behind me, know that I'll do my best to get out of the way as soon as possible.

There's my yearly rant
I already thought this thread would start with "thanks to people who don't understand what blue flag means".
#3 - Calum
:)
i'm actually gonna post here too

I'll say thanks also , and also bring up the point that ...

Thanks to the people who are being blue flagged , and once passed by the faster car .... STAY there. It only makes sense , but I was surprised racing my first time online in the FXR , how many racers get lapped ... BUT THEN CONTINUE to race against the lapper right around the corners , as if they are going to lose a position if they dont.

Thanks to all ( including / especially the devs ) , i've had real enjoyable racing of late , LFS seems to be on the way up

Calum
There is nothing i hate more than coming up behind someone and not knowing what they are going to do. All i need from them is to stay on the racing line and ease of the throttle for half a second. I've seen posts on this forum telling backmarkers to literally move out of the way which i think is wrong.
#5 - X-Ter
Totally agree. A blue flag only means don't fight for position, and please leave a little room. Usually taking a slightly wider line in the next turn will do the trick. Those who demand that the slower people move over right away don't know how proper racing is done.
i always try to move over at the entrance to a corner so the car thats lapping me can go down the inside on a normal line for apex, a good example is t1 at ascot club were you can go long towards the temp barrier before turning an once the cars past if you line yourself up you can accelerate hard on an almost straight line to get back to speed, alternativly if their close on a straight i just lift slightlyand once they pass try to get a tow so i can benifit aswell. its even better if they then come to the car that im chasing and that car moves over and lets both of us past though to be honest its usually me that cocks up like that and looses a place

one anoying thing though is when you join a race come out of pit and as you get to t1 theirs a car coming up to lap, you let them by and then discover they're about 5 secs a lap slower than you and they wont let you past
Muchos respect for all the blue flag -considerate peeps!

Thanks to...
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG