TDN PROTO B787-26
(14 posts, started )
TDN PROTO B787-26
Vehicle mod: TDN PROTO B787-26
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/FC87F0

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :JDM LeMans Winner

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Based on the 787B from Mazda, this is a track monster built for one and only thing, beat the world at the 24hrs race in LeMans.

Power was rumored to actually be at the 900bhp ballpark and it would hit over 430km/h on the Mulsanne Straight.

Weight was kept at 850kg with driver and no fuel.

Correct wheelbase and as close as possible to replicate suspension type and tire sizes.

For that sub 1min lap at Blackwood!

COVER SCREENSHOT:
Now this is my jam Smile
Stoked to see how this develops
Quote from M3THANOL :Now this is my jam Smile
Stoked to see how this develops

Any feedback is deeply appreciated!! I always do a lot of testing and I believe it should be a great racer for crazy fast laptimes. Lmk how it goes! Cheers!!
Let me know if you need an engine Sound I made the engine and sound for the Dorito GTO the 4 Rotor IMSA RX7
This car can go 540km/h on Hyper Circle
#6 - BeNoM
Great to finally have a 787B mod, but "Power was rumored to actually be at the 900bhp ballpark and it would hit over 430km/h on the Mulsanne Straight." isn't true.

The fastest record was set by the WM-P88 at 405kp/h before the chicanes were put in on Mulsanne Straight. The 787B raced after the chicanes were put in and definitely didn't hit anywhere near 400kp/h.

The car only put out 900hp (@ 10,500RPM) during unrestricted testing. It was limited to roughly 650-700hp (@ 8,500-9000RPM) during actual racing.

Why the quad exhausts and center seating position too?

Excited to have the 787B in LFS either way Smile
Quote from martin18 :Let me know if you need an engine Sound I made the engine and sound for the Dorito GTO the 4 Rotor IMSA RX7

That would be great! Had a bit of a struggle trying to mimic this iconic 26b engine sound effectively.

Quote from BeNoM :Great to finally have a 787B mod, but "Power was rumored to actually be at the 900bhp ballpark and it would hit over 430km/h on the Mulsanne Straight." isn't true.

The fastest record was set by the WM-P88 at 405kp/h before the chicanes were put in on Mulsanne Straight. The 787B raced after the chicanes were put in and definitely didn't hit anywhere near 400kp/h.

The car only put out 900hp (@ 10,500RPM) during unrestricted testing. It was limited to roughly 650-700hp (@ 8,500-9000RPM) during actual racing.

Why the quad exhausts and center seating position too?

Excited to have the 787B in LFS either way Smile

It was a bit of a challenge to match the engines power output, I did the best I could and given the "voluntary restriction" setting for the engine, we can still get pretty close to the 650-700bhp allegedly used for the endurance racing, and at the same time "unleash the beast" at its close to 900bhp. Just couple options I figured would be nice to be able to tweak.

Given the gearing (ones I found during my research, I acknowledge this could be totally inaccurate), Mulsanne length (without chicanes) and power/weight, It ** COULD ** hit over 400km/h. I will correct that on the description!

Quad exhaust I know it is extremely inaccurate Wink But that was just my little touch to the mod per say. I'm still getting proficient at modeling and will definitely update some stuff on this one whenever I get proper skillset and time.

Thanks y'all for the feedback! Keep'em coming!
This car has a ton of potential and is very fast. It has a tendancy to push the nose on fast corner/ understeer. I have been working on a setup which is already helping with that. Keep up the good work, I am sure this is going to become a favourite of mine. Changing to the proper side exit exhaust will be nice, but all in time!
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :This car can go 540km/h on Hyper Circle

Yea I went 329 mph on a 4000m drag strip. LOL but I like the car either way
Quote from NathanBrazil :It was a bit of a challenge to match the engines power output, I did the best I could and given the "voluntary restriction" setting for the engine, we can still get pretty close to the 650-700bhp allegedly used for the endurance racing, and at the same time "unleash the beast" at its close to 900bhp.

Just go ahead and make it the 700bhp to meet Group C regulations...
If any other Group C cars are added in the future they're going to be that spec as well. Would much rather have the car be that power instead of having people restrict the car with setups to have even racing.

Quote from NathanBrazil : Quad exhaust I know it is extremely inaccurate Wink But that was just my little touch to the mod per say. I'm still getting proficient at modeling and will definitely update some stuff on this one whenever I get proper skillset and time.

I am against the quad exhaust. They do not fit the car at all.
Wouldn't it be much better to put the proficient modelling skills to model a better steering wheel for the car instead of using the FBM wheel?
Quote from M3THANOL :This car has a ton of potential and is very fast. It has a tendancy to push the nose on fast corner/ understeer. I have been working on a setup which is already helping with that. Keep up the good work, I am sure this is going to become a favourite of mine. Changing to the proper side exit exhaust will be nice, but all in time!

The understeer thing I'll do more testing but I feel its how the car should behave depending on how the downforce is set. The car has a rear weight bias, let me know how your testing goes!

Quote from PopnLochNessMonster :Just go ahead and make it the 700bhp to meet Group C regulations...
If any other Group C cars are added in the future they're going to be that spec as well. Would much rather have the car be that power instead of having people restrict the car with setups to have even racing.

I am against the quad exhaust. They do not fit the car at all.
Wouldn't it be much better to put the proficient modelling skills to model a better steering wheel for the car instead of using the FBM wheel?

Glad you pointed out about the regulation power limit, didn't see it that way and I totally agree with you!
Just did a new engine power curve to better match proper race specs and also added a side exhaust to go along!

Steering wheel is on the 'to-do list'.

I'm not a professional 3d modeler but I'm slowly learning my way and loving the process!

Lmk about the changes!
I don't mind if it's 700 or 900bhp, but it doesn't have enough drag.
Bye Bye limiter cut ;(
Dude it's a bit late but I tried the car, it feels very comfortable and good, the tubes, suspension and wheelbase and all the other fine details are great so everything looks good, thank you very much for your efforts

TDN PROTO B787-26
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG