The online racing simulator
ADDA EIGHT-R V10
(50 posts, started )
ADDA EIGHT-R V10
Hello everyone, RefleX here.

As some of you may know, the ADDA ESSFOUR-R AV that I nearly completed turned out to be a bad license. So, I am starting a new mod with a good license from Sketchfab.

This one shouldn't take me long since it's quite the low poly count and I've already separated the interior and exterior along with some mapping in maybe 30 mins. Unfortunately this one won't be near as high quality as my ADDA ESSFOUR-R AV but I am going to do my best with textures.

Here is the start to this thread and my new project!
Attached images
ADDAEightRV10Beginning.JPG
Exterior Progress
I'm making some headway! I am about to put this early version out for review before I really start on the interior.
Attached images
Live for Speed 1_30_2022 12_12_34 AM.png
Live for Speed 1_30_2022 12_36_13 AM.png
Live for Speed 1_30_2022 12_37_29 AM.png
Live for Speed 1_30_2022 12_38_29 AM.png
Live for Speed 1_30_2022 12_39_10 AM.png
Live for Speed 1_30_2022 12_40_05 AM.png
Live for Speed 1_30_2022 1_06_11 AM.png
oh hey, a baby Lambo, nice Smile
Interior Progress Update
Started improving the interior quality today Smile
Attached images
EarlyInterior1.JPG
This model got accepted today so I patched up all interior gaps and I am now onto texturing!
Attached images
EarlyInterior2.JPG
Statistics
Here are some statistics for you guys that I have went into detail with:

**I still need to fine tune the gearing and suspension**

I have made the following realistic:
- I replicated the 552bhp/412kW @ 8000rpm and 398lbft torque/539Nm @ 6500rpm V10 motor out of the "GT" trim. I got as close as I could get and I got very close.
- 1564kg (real car is 1560kg-1565kg)
- 42F/58R weight distribution
- AWD torque split 15%/85% (don't confuse this with the 35%/65% that's on the V8 trim)
- 295/30-19 rear tyres and 235/35-19 front tyres
- Yes, the engine mass is truly sitting in the mid-engine bay. So it's truly mid-engined.
- I created a fairly realistic V10 engine sound from scratch

Also, interior and exterior are mostly done. Now has working lights too. Here are some updates! This will be going public soon.
Attached images
EndInterior1.JPG
Live for Speed 2_2_2022 12_40_03 AM.png
Ayy glad to see is finally public! Looks good!
Quote from martin18 :Wow this sounds pretty realistic! Just a tad bit too loud for LFS but wow I’m amazed how realistic you got it! Great job!

Thank you! I have been making engine sounds for years so I know my way around the Shift+A UI. Yeah it is a bit loud which I did quiet it slightly and still maybe quiet it more.
Nice keep up the great work!
Quote from Jake_Blasted :Ayy glad to see is finally public! Looks good!

From the man, the myth, the legend himself, thank you! I'm new to this modelling game so it's quite interesting and I am learning a lot all the time.
**//TODO**

- I have yet to fix the "choosing a driver side" (clocks are getting messed up so I am figure that out)
- I am thinking of maybe doing the 7 speed sequential transmission.
SICK! but make it sequential paddle shift and the brakes should be a little better because I tried slowing down and it barely does

Overall looking good so far Smile!
Quote from Octosquad :SICK! but make it sequential paddle shift and the brakes should be a little better because I tried slowing down and it barely does

Overall looking good so far Smile!

Thank you for the feedback! Yes, I am definitely thinking about making it the 7 speed sequential because you are the third person to say something about it. I thought people would have liked the 6 speed h-shifter version better so I was a bit wrong there. This is exactly why it's a work in progress!

And yes, I will be working on the general feel of the car a lot because I am not quite happy with it atm. Good enough for a public release but still feels a bit lousy. So a lot of things will change with suspension, setups, brakes, etc.
There seems to be a bit of an issue with the steering or something setup related, for wheel users like myself the force feedback is inverted so the car tries its hardest to pull the wheel away from center. other than that it looks and sounds amazing
Hey this is supposed to have double wishbone all around, that might have to do with suspension feel
Quote from martin18 :Hey this is supposed to have double wishbone all around, that might have to do with suspension feel

Yes it is, I have made the double wishbones. I am working out some details right now.
Quote from Kilo46 :There seems to be a bit of an issue with the steering or something setup related, for wheel users like myself the force feedback is inverted so the car tries its hardest to pull the wheel away from center. other than that it looks and sounds amazing

I was informed! I am currently re-working the suspension completely and made it double wishbone like the real car.

I am making this car private until I can smooth out the feel of the car before my reviews tank too much.
**ANNOUNCEMENT**

This mod is going public again already. I made the new double wishbone suspension close to the real car. It feels MUCH better and my testers have said it has much better force feedback on wheels.
I am excited to announce that I have figured out my buggy gauges/interior. Drivers can now choose their position on the left or right side of the car!
Exterior progress
I have updated the headlight and tail light glass to be more transparent so you can actually see the lights now. I have also changed the light brightness accordingly.
Attached images
Live for Speed 2_3_2022 9_29_46 AM.png
Live for Speed 2_3_2022 9_42_19 AM.png
Live for Speed 2_3_2022 9_45_48 AM.png
maybe paddle shift gearbox fits this car better? idk about sequential, it's weird.
anyway, thanks for mod
Quote from iiiiil :maybe paddle shift gearbox fits this car better? idk about sequential, it's weird.
anyway, thanks for mod

I do like how the paddle shifter transmission feels better as well. I have been thinking about switching it and I think I just might now that you said something.

ADDA EIGHT-R V10
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG