The online racing simulator
Unable to use modded vehicles for AI?
Is this intentional? Was just trying to dick around with vehicle mods and was like "I wonder if the AI can drive them". Especially wanted to see what happens if they drove that Mosquito bike, lol.

Well, any modded vehicle I give them, I go to start the race and it says "Could not open file:" followed by some file of sorts with the internal name of the mod.
#2 - BeNoM
Quote from BeNoM :https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/97038-Test-Patch-A9---Export-skin-template-from-garage

"Changes from 0.7A to 0.7A2:

AI for Mods:

AI paths can be generated for mods with a drive system, excluding bikes
- Paths can only be generated in single player
- Simply add your AI and click GO
- You have to wait a while the first time the path is generated
- NOTE: If the vehicle can roll, the AI does not avoid rolling it"

I can't use ANY modded vehicles though, without it going "Could not find file". All I do is pick the vehicle in the garage, then add the AI to the roster and press "GO" after picking a track. The error comes up, and nothing else. I even restarted, just in case.
** Best answer **
You must have a test version of LFS 0.7A2 or higher installed, preferably 0.7A9. Official version 0.7A does not generate .knw files
Quote from mrwallace888 :I can't use ANY modded vehicles though, without it going "Could not find file". All I do is pick the vehicle in the garage, then add the AI to the roster and press "GO" after picking a track. The error comes up, and nothing else. I even restarted, just in case.

The error you see is saying that the AI path (.knw) for the given track/mod combo is not existing yet, therefore the AI has no idea where and how to drive. Those paths have to be generated for the AIs to be able to drive on the tracks with mods. 0.7A doesn't have this feature, while, as others are saying, test patch 0.7A2 and higher have it. Try installing the latest test patch (0.7A9), and notice the AI path generating messages upon adding the AIs with mod cars to the grid. If that completes, you will be able to start the race with them.
If everything fails, here is what I did. For a particular track just take the closest standard car to the mod you want to AI and copy its kwn file and rename it to the mod name which you can find as a skin ID. Then AI's will have a path but they will have to re-optimize it, so expect some crashes at some turns, but after a few laps, they should be ok. If you race against them that would be even better, because they can learn some new stuff when you are overtaking them.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG