The online racing simulator
Should someone like this be banned from LFS?
Just got out of an S2 server with a few people on board. One guy (HKSperformance) was being a total *insert bannable offence word here*.

I haven't come across someone like this in S2 until now. I come across them all the time in the demo.

So i'd like to hear what peoples thoughts are on the matter. Should they be banned from the server? What about banned from LFS (master server) for a pre-determined amount of time? (a week for example) What about banned from LFS for good?

As this has been said many times in the past, LFS is a simulator. It's not Need For Speed. If this truely is a simulator of racing, what would happen to someone like this who does this in real F1 racing? He'd be banned from ever driving an F1 car again... (albeit it wasn't a competition race/server i was in, but that's not really the point is it)

(p.s. fast forward (F2/F3) bout 2 or 3 mins until "HKSPerformance" comes in)
Attached files
nodepita.mpr - 775.9 KB - 206 views
#3 - joen
Someone actually getting banned by the devs, I don't think that will happen.
The forum isn't the place for naming and shaming too, unless the people involved step up themselves. I suggest you submit the replay to the wrecker barricade (link in my sig). It has proven to be an effective community tool to keep out bad guys.
youve goto admire his cheak in blaming other drivers

ok only kidding what an *******

make sure you submit replay m8
I think that the wrecker barricade and so-on should all merge in to ONE global .ban file.

/Downloads replay to have a look.
o0o0h, sorry, didn't see the wrecker barricade.

Will post it there in future. Cheers for the minimal flame
#7 - SamH
Quote from duke_toaster :I think that the wrecker barricade and so-on should all merge in to ONE global .ban file.

It's been suggested, and I think CrazyICE and filur are both working separately on it. One of the more recent discussions on the topic is over here, and it's a good read if you're interested:- http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8930
ive had a run in with HKSperformance before also.

definately not a very respectable chap...
#9 - Gunn
Quote from Shinanigans :o0o0h, sorry, didn't see the wrecker barricade.

Will post it there in future.

Good idea. And it is also wise not to make a big post about the incident and the accused player. Thanks.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG