The online racing simulator
Panther 911 Turbo
(28 posts, started )
Panther 911 Turbo
Hi!

Before anything, I want to say that the 3D model of the vehicle (the base) is not done by me! I got it from CGTrader (popular website for 3d models) after I got the author/uploader's permission. When I publish the mod, I will add his credits to it.

So..

I'm working from some time on this mod. Its a popular Europe car.

It's still WIP and in time I will be doing updates on it. There are a lot of details to be worked on.

As I'm currently learning most of the things and don't have enough time to work on it.

I will publish it RAW, it has fast textures on it, so its not naked, but in time I will fix most of the details.

Unfortunately I will publish it without skin support, because I still can't make a basic template.

Will enjoy to hear your thoughts and I will publish it very soon!

Details about the vehicle: It has a really big body right now (maybe temporary) with 21-inch rims in front and 22 inch rims in the back. Its powered by a 4L V8 Turbo engine with a Rear wheel drive. It has 7 gears with a Paddle Shift Gearbox. It will have two alternative configurations with light bars (blue and orange) and a black you-cant-see-me-tint option for the people who don't want to be seen (especially the interior in its look right now + you will notice that there are no pictures of the interior. Lol.).

Cheers. Preview photos are attached in the post. Smile
Attached images
lfs_00000046.jpg
lfs_00000047.jpg
lfs_00000048.jpg
lfs_00000049.jpg
lfs_00000276.jpg
lfs_00000277.jpg
lfs_00000293.jpg
lfs_00000294.jpg
lfs_00000295.jpg
lfs_00000296.jpg
lfs_00000297.jpg
Oh man, I was waiting for this since the dawn of mods Smile Thank you so much for working on it. Finally AA Porsche Cup server get its car.
The Panther 911 Turbo is public now. I know its oversized and I will fix that, but not right now. Its engine and body size are not based on the real model, so I hope your expectations are not big.

Its my first mod and I will try to work on everything, until it looks close to perfect.

Soo right now everyone can try it and give back some feedback. I'll make notes and work on everything, which sounds reasonable.

Thanks!
Super cool mod, i think it just needs to be scaled down slightly, it was huge when we were driving the other day! haha
Love the car, great job, it handles great, the sound is great Smile

The aspect ratio of the dashboard and scaling of the car size needs fixing.
The tires and rims are too small. Big grin
Nop, the car is just too big, look at the driver Smile
I been dying to see this finally in LFS but yeah a few things I like to mention in upset about
1. It’s a turbo model right? So why is it not a 3.6L boxer 6 AWD?
2. The size of the tires? They make no sense, the front tires are barely existent they are too stretched and too narrow.
3. Yeah model is too big.
4. If anything can i make the engine for you and it be a GT3 4.0 so the 4.0L boxer 6 that redlines to 9,000 rpm’s
Quote from martin18 :I been dying to see this finally in LFS but yeah a few things I like to mention in upset about
2. The size of the tires? They make no sense, the front tires are barely existent they are too stretched and too narrow.
4. If anything can i make the engine for you and it be a GT3 4.0 so the 4.0L boxer 6 that redlines to 9,000 rpm’s

Seems like it also need little touch for exterior. Head Lights are... non-existent.

( Yea yea it is a WIP, let's wait for it. )
Quote from Jake_Blasted :Super cool mod, i think it just needs to be scaled down slightly, it was huge when we were driving the other day! haha

Thank you for the support, Jake! If it wasn't for your videos, I wouldn't post this mod, because I had a lot of questions in the beginning. I will try to rescale it!

Quote from rane_nbg :Love the car, great job, it handles great, the sound is great Smile

The aspect ratio of the dashboard and scaling of the car size needs fixing.

Thank you for the support, Rane! Unfortunately scaling everything opens more work on most of the things and I might not be able to rescale it properly right now. But I know its important and I will do that for sure, when I have a bit more time than usual!

On top of that, I will try to make it possible to switch drivers position, when I rescale everything.

Quote from martin18 :I been dying to see this finally in LFS but yeah a few things I like to mention in upset about

Thank you, Martin! I've received a lot of community feedback and even a bit of support from a few of our great community members. My goal with this mod is to achieve a vehicle with enough engine power, so it can be satisfying when driven. I don't want to boost it, so it makes 0-200 in 5 seconds. I just want it to be powerful enough to be fast, but easy to drive. That's why it has this engine config right now. Also, I wanted and I think that AWD is better for this mod, because it gives you more choices and it should give a few seconds better laps. (with the right setup of course)

Overall, I would be really happy, if you help me with the engine. I'm sure V8 is not right for this car. I would love to try a better engine spec than the one right now. Although I don't want it to be less powered, so If you can try a GT3 4L Boxer and manage to succeed. I will try it out for sure!

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Seems like it also need little touch for exterior. Head Lights are... non-existent.

( Yea yea it is a WIP, let's wait for it. )

Thank you, Unknown! I did work some time on the headlights and tried a few things, but I always managed to get them to the point where I'm not satisfied from them. Same goes for the rear lights. They need work and will receive it at some point.
Quote from r3zp3k7 :Thank you for the support, Rane! Unfortunately scaling everything opens more work on most of the things and I might not be able to rescale it properly right now. But I know its important and I will do that for sure, when I have a bit more time than usual!

Proportions seem quite alright, so you can select all the points in one of the 2D views by pressing A and then press ctrl and drag it smaller with the S that appears Big grin
Quote from nikopdr :Proportions seem quite alright, so you can select all the points in one of the 2D views by pressing A and then press ctrl and drag it smaller with the S that appears Big grin

Hey, yea I know, but then do the same on every sub-object individual. After that every texture on everything. After that, maybe suspension, rims, tires and other things. Maybe I make it sound hard or don't know the proper way to make it easy for myself. But I think it will take some time.
There's also the scale (+mappings) button in the main "subob" tab when opening the editor, im not sure if it scaled every object when you select main, but it shouldnt be as hard to do it individually to each subobject as you enter a numerical amount to scale it (1 = 100% ofc) Big grin
Attached images
Untitled.png
Well my question is do you want 2011 911 Turbo S engine specs or the Gt3 4.0L specs
Quote from nikopdr :There's also the scale (+mappings) button in the main "subob" tab when opening the editor, im not sure if it scaled every object when you select main, but it shouldnt be as hard to do it individually to each subobject as you enter a numerical amount to scale it (1 = 100% ofc) Big grin

Lol. It worked like a charm.

Right now I'm having suspension issues, but still! Way faster rescale than I expected it to be!

Will try to post update soon.

Thank you, Niko!

Quote from martin18 :Well my question is do you want 2011 911 Turbo S engine specs or the Gt3 4.0L specs

Lets try the 3.8L Turbo S engine spec.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate your time!
Updated to V2.

Changelog:

- Everything is rescaled to normal sizes. (including rims/tyres and etc.)

- Suspension got updated. Seems more stable now.

- Engine SWAP. Right now it has a 3.8L Flat-6 Turbo Engine with chip tuning.

- Transmission SWAP also. Now its a AWD with the same 7 Gears Paddle Shift Gearbox.

- Added 45 Angle Steering.

- Added Pit speed limiter.

- Default setups are also changed.

Thanks to "demon tuning" for helping with a more stable & faster slick setup than the ones it had before and thanks to everyone who gave suggestions and ideas about the updates.
Hopefully someone will help for even better default setups.

It's still Work-In-Process, so expect more updates!
Power and weight are still not accurate. This car should weigh an extra 1000 lbs around 3,300 lbs and it shouldn’t have more torque than Hp. Maybe 560Hp and 490 lbs of torque. Looks a lot better for sure
Quote from martin18 :Power and weight are still not accurate. This car should weigh an extra 1000 lbs around 3,300 lbs and it shouldn’t have more torque than Hp. Maybe 560Hp and 490 lbs of torque. Looks a lot better for sure

I know, but it seems to be good as it is right now. Thanks.

Small update.

Changelog V3
- Vehicle chassis was moved with a few millimeters and now its a bit more centered with the wheels.
- Steering wheel has been replaced with a Panther 911 steering wheel.
- Driver can now go left/right side. Position is not fixed anymore.
- Gauges are temporary replaced with a digital gauge.
- Headlight is more darken when its OFF, because it was hard to see a difference between ON/OFF before.
- Old rear mirror removed and a bit edited FXR mirror is temporary inside.
- Few textures inside the car are darken, because they looked way bad.
- Race-Slick setup has moved from R2 to R4 tires.
- Rear plate is resized in a bigger size. More readable now.
Thanks to "anassilverto" for the steering wheel.
Its still WIP, so expect more updates!
Quote from r3zp3k7 :

Does this include a near 1000 lbs increase? Big grin
Drove this again and yeah meanwhile it’s kinda fun to drive, it does feel too light for it to represent a 911 turbo. It only felt right with the slicks, with the street tires it feels way too loose and that’s because it has no weight on the tires.

You’ll get your engine and sound when I see better changes.
Quote from PopnLochNessMonster :Does this include a near 1000 lbs increase? Big grin

Overall I'm doing this car with the point of it beeing not just itself (911 Turbo), but meanwhile being a great on-track car. If 1000 torque is needed, so it can act properly on track. Sure, I'll tweak whatever is necessary. You can always restrict it later on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of 1000 hp cars, I just want a good track car. Sometimes values have to be more than the default ones.

Quote from martin18 :Drove this again and yeah meanwhile it’s kinda fun to drive, it does feel too light for it to represent a 911 turbo. It only felt right with the slicks, with the street tires it feels way too loose and that’s because it has no weight on the tires.

You’ll get your engine and sound when I see better changes.

Thank you, Martin! I know there is an issue with street tires, but wasn't sure where does the problem come from. Unfortunately, I don't have the time right now and I'll be a week off. But as soon as I get back, I will try it out with more weight and if that fixes the problem. Then weight will be added. ​I want it to be fun on all tires, not just slicks.

Meanwhile. Small update!

Changelog V4
-New Interior.
Thanks to "anassilverto" for the interior.
Attached images
lfs_00000347.jpg
lfs_00000348.jpg
lfs_00000349.jpg
Interior looks great!!! Wow much improved, star rating going up a bit from my part for sure! I think if anything 800HP and around 650 ftlbs of torque wouldn’t be bad with a car at around 3000lbs
Quote :Changelog V5
- Interior has more textures now.
- Skin support is available now. Most exterior details are mapped and ready to be skinned.(Needs a bit more work.)
- Small details are separated from main body color. Can be configured in colours inside garage.
- Registration plate on the rear is larger and more readable now.
- Race_Slick setup is upgraded to a more stable version. + (“-” /dash/ in name was replaced with “_” /underscore/)
- Cruise_Super setup is upgraded to a more stable version. + (“-” /dash/ in name was replaced with “_” /underscore/)
- Drift_Normal is upgraded to a less stable, but controllable version. + (“-” /dash/ in name was replaced with “_” /underscore/)

Thanks to “anassilverto” for the interior textures.
Thanks to “Xavier26” for helping with a more stable Race_Slick setup upgrade.
Thanks to “Ho4Hou_KoT” for helping with a more stable Cruise_Super setup upgrade.
Thanks to “Nikolai_01” for helping for a better Drift_Normal setup upgrade.

It's still WIP, so expect more updates!

btw. I'm attaching two images. Just to show people, how I reassigned the mappings position on the skin. It didn't work perfectly. But looks fine considering I'm doing it for the first time. Of course everything will be fixed in time.
Attached images
D8375D_My_Template_Empty.png
D8375D_My_Template_Filled.png
10/10 would surprise gtrs again Omg omg omg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG