The online racing simulator
TFT montior
(7 posts, started )
TFT montior
Im looking for 19inch TFT/LCD montior.

Which is best one for gaming? especailly lfs.

I would like the new montior act like CRT as in no ghosting, etc.

does it give you headache?

what to look for when buying a TFT montior.
Check:

VIEWSONIC Vx922 19¨ 2ms
VIEWSONIC VA1912Wb 19¨ 8ms (widescreen)
Quote from vrooom :
does it give you headache?

Nope, even if the monitor has quite a bit of smearing it won't give you headache...

But CRTs do.

It's just sooo much nicer to have a good TFT.... If you've ever got a good TFT for a while you will never give it away...

Btw, you should have a look at EIZO when it comes to TFTs for gaming...
A good LCD beats a cheap CRT at just about everything except price and response time. However, a really good CRT wipes the floor with an LCD in everything except size and weight. That's why I got a Sony 24" widescreen CRT. It's huge, weighs 100 lbs, has a maximum resolution of 2304x1440 at 85Hz, and I love it.

I will rue the day when it breaks and there aren't any more decent CRT's around.
i still notice the flicker of a CRT monitor @ 85hz, and even after a day at work looking at one sometimes my eyes can hurt.

TFT on the other hand, are so darn clear and sharp, and even 60hz you see zero flicker, get one with a sub 12ms response time and you dont need to worry about any ghosting on fast moving objects. but the sharpness is the real winner for me. i used to think my father's sony trinitron 20" was the sharpest monitor i'd ever seen, however going back to it after looking at my 19" LCD, his looks blurry! so hard on the eyes.

for gaming in my opinion you can't beat them. for professional imaging work, well other people will still bring up that argument about their ability to not quite display a "true" black, but for the rest of us it doesnt matter
I have a EIZO S1910, it wasn't cheap but i'm really happy with it.
I have a daewoo L1711MN. And, just after I got it, they made a revision to it, so all the new ones have a DVI connector.

DVI connectors have better quality than regular VGA, right?

TFT montior
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG