The online racing simulator
LFS Editor view control too hard
(4 posts, started )
#1 - HX7
There is a problem that when you are really close to an object eg.steering wheel and you want to take a detail look around it, you can easily screw it up and the scene is flying everywhere...It seems related to something about bad positioning of the rotation point of the view, like you want to rotate around the steering wheel, but the system thinks you want to rotate around a point on the ground really far away.
Another problem is, the 'view move' function (left mouse click) goes away after you have done rotating the view and release the right mouse button, a really annoying problem for someone who prefer using 'move and rotate' operation.
Quote from HX7 :There is a problem that when you are really close to an object eg.steering wheel and you want to take a detail look around it, you can easily screw it up and the scene is flying everywhere...It seems related to something about bad positioning of the rotation point of the view, like you want to rotate around the steering wheel, but the system thinks you want to rotate around a point on the ground really far away.

It should rotate around the *exact point* that you are pointing at when you start the mouse view rotation. You must point at the pixel you want to rotate around, before using the middle button or "two buttons" rotate.

Though this feature only works in the modeller, not the vehicle editor. In the vehicle editor, there is no such mesh analysis so in that case it does rotate around the ground point behind what you are pointing at.

Quote from HX7 :Another problem is, the 'view move' function (left mouse click) goes away after you have done rotating the view and release the right mouse button, a really annoying problem for someone who prefer using 'move and rotate' operation.

I'm not sure I know what you mean. I think I can guess what you mean but maybe a more detailed explanation could help. In other words, more clearly define the problem and explain how you would like it different. So I can have a look and see if that would be possible or cause other issues.
Quote from Scawen :I'm not sure I know what you mean. I think I can guess what you mean but maybe a more detailed explanation could help. In other words, more clearly define the problem and explain how you would like it different. So I can have a look and see if that would be possible or cause other issues.

My guess of what he means is:

1) Hold left + right mouse button to move around a point
2) Release right mouse button

At this point, if you keep moving your mouse, the view will not move. I think he expects it to move (pan) as if you only pressed left mouse button.
#4 - HX7
Quote from Scawen :It should rotate around the *exact point* that you are pointing at when you start the mouse view rotation. You must point at the pixel you want to rotate around, before using the middle button or "two buttons" rotate.

Though this feature only works in the modeller, not the vehicle editor. In the vehicle editor, there is no such mesh analysis so in that case it does rotate around the ground point behind what you are pointing at.

Thanks for the reply.This problem comes when I'm in the vehicle editor, so I understand why I got such terrible rotate.
Quote from Flame CZE :My guess of what he means is:

1) Hold left + right mouse button to move around a point
2) Release right mouse button

At this point, if you keep moving your mouse, the view will not move. I think he expects it to move (pan) as if you only pressed left mouse button.

That's exactly what I want to sayBig grin

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG