FORMULA US 93
(13 posts, started )
FORMULA US 93
Vehicle mod: FORMULA US 93
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/398F20

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Early 90s open wheeler from USA

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :This car is based on the 1992 open wheeler chassis from USA ( turbo v8 ). However, I'm creating liveries based on a popular 1993 season so we can re-live those old open wheeler sim racing games we used to play.

Everything is very WIP at the moment. Includes Road and Oval settings

Bugs list

For some reason, the mirrored side body texture is not working ingame. In the editor it looks fine through.

COVER SCREENSHOT:
#2 - GooGT
Incredibly pleasant control of the car, it is configured very well. Very nice sound. One of the best mods. There is not enough detail, but you can easily hold the CHAMP car championship
-
(alvinelgh) DELETED by alvinelgh : i realized now how to download
I confirm everything said in the previous comment. Since this is a favorite mod of mine, I would appreciate much deeper work in the car modelling texture a lot, since the actual model seems to be a bit "sketchy"
I selected this mod car to be first weekly car in FM Mods Junkies server. We will run races with this car for whole week, so if you wanna see it in racing action, head to that server. Whatever community finds with this mod we will share.

Other than that, great mod, massive fun!
I love this thing!
26/12/21

Awesome looking car, nice neutral/unloaded handling and intuitive steering. That's the good side, but I'm only around the mod forums to give critical feedback so here it is :

CAr and/or downforce value balance is messed up (just like majority of mods available).
Wing application should be adjusted so that car can be set up just like any other winged vehicle, without first understanding that the Front wing value is exponentially higher than the rear wing. At WE2 the wings are 8-20 which is pretty silly once you look at the set up.

(Edit : realised need tl;dr version - wing value should be consistent with default LFS value setting. i.e if 8-20 right now is what's right for the track, then the setup parameters should be adjusted so that it reflects something less drastic, like 11-15 or such.)

Brakes lock up far too easily, trail braking is near impossible. Front should come unweighted more gradually, as the car doesn't modulate brakes while braking straight let alone on cadence.

Peak revs/vmax/redline is inconsistent with the speedo. Might need to address that. And the engine clips on high revs, but overall sounds brilliant.
For now I only drove it on oval, ky1r, as in my mind thats the place this car belongs. I had no troubles, starts are challenging but nothing what good driver would not be able to overcome. Car seems kind enough on tyres that r4 can hold it in good temperature range.

Oval and road configuration change only looks, right?
27/12/21

To add on to list of problems:
Too much aero wash/dirty air, needs to be toned down to suit the era spec of downforce levels. Feels worse than BF1 when the car itself is much simpler than it.

All this means car is a) undrivable in close proximity, b) inconsistent, c) too rear limited on grip purely on weight-derivative issue

Quote from MicroSpecV :26/12/21

Awesome looking car, nice neutral/unloaded handling and intuitive steering. That's the good side, but I'm only around the mod forums to give critical feedback so here it is :

CAr and/or downforce value balance is messed up (just like majority of mods available).
Wing application should be adjusted so that car can be set up just like any other winged vehicle, without first understanding that the Front wing value is exponentially higher than the rear wing. At WE2 the wings are 8-20 which is pretty silly once you look at the set up.

(Edit : realised need tl;dr version - wing value should be consistent with default LFS value setting. i.e if 8-20 right now is what's right for the track, then the setup parameters should be adjusted so that it reflects something less drastic, like 11-15 or such.)

Brakes lock up far too easily, trail braking is near impossible. Front should come unweighted more gradually, as the car doesn't modulate brakes while braking straight let alone on cadence.

Peak revs/vmax/redline is inconsistent with the speedo. Might need to address that. And the engine clips on high revs, but overall sounds brilliant.

Quote from Flame CZE :Is it possible to fix the horrible sound clipping when revving up? Frown

https://streamable.com/tb253z

Agreed ^

Nice mod idea and this has potential, already quite fun. But please adjust the engine sound to reduce the clipping, it's terrible at the moment (and a complete distorted mess starting on a grid with a few cars).

This is an easy fix. Like I said, all the hard stuff is looking good and has a lot of potential...please keep at it!
request for skining properly
Is it possible to make the left half of the skin not a mirror image of the right side?
This is very annoying when the skin contains large texts, but also for numbers
Attached images
lfs_00000148.jpg
lfs_00000147.jpg

The green part is the axle?
The point where it attachs to the chasis looks too high. I think it needs to be more like the red line.

Attached images
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Cool car and very fast (I've been using it for AI testing) but it would be better if the sound clipping could be fixed. For an example try watching an AI from follower view at South City.

Quote from Flame CZE :Is it possible to fix the horrible sound clipping when revving up? Frown

https://streamable.com/tb253z

FORMULA US 93
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG