The online racing simulator
Had enough of football... LFS SUMO!
As I got kinda bored, i've made a LFS sumo layout. Obviously this is for 2 players, but tourneys could be fun as I rekon matches would last about 20 seconds max.

You start at the chalk lines. Obviously one on each. Simple: push your opponent so ANY part of their car touches the tyres.

An InSim app (server side) would make this a hell of a lot easier, some reverse parking can be needed to get in to position. If anyone would be kind enough to do one, that would be great, I haven't got the skills or IQ do do that :-). It should be a pretty simple one, but it will (and the game) go totally tits up if it gets laggy. The rule, I guess, would be that whoever is causing the lag loses the round.

I won't post the layout unless we get some interest.

Smaller screenie coming in a few secs.
Attached images
SUMO.PNG
heh heh, interesting idea

could be a good laugh alright
Yep, I'm interested too. /me starts building sets
Quote from hrtburnout :Yep, I'm interested too. /me starts building sets

Any south city setup would work.

If you guys are up for it, the first 3 people (plus hrtburnout, DratsaB (if they want to) and myself) who want this could have a test on saturday. I'll pm you the password.
-
(duke_toaster) DELETED by duke_toaster
As long as it's before 8pm UK time
Quote from hrtburnout :As long as it's before 8pm UK time

OK then, 7:30.
looks like tons of fun
Quote from Shotglass :looks like tons of fun

Do you want to be in the test basho? 8pm Sunday.
seems fun, i don't think i'll make it though.
I remember doing this in S1 days with my friend, now adding a damage model, that'll make it much more fun.

Duke, I'd join you on sunday, 800 BST? Thats what? 11, 12:00 PST?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I remember doing this in S1 days with my friend, now adding a damage model, that'll make it much more fun.

Duke, I'd join you on sunday, 800 BST? Thats what? 11, 12:00 PST?

I don't know. PST is pacific time, right :-)

EDIT: http://www.timeanddate.com/wor ... c=0&p1=136&p2=127
I have two questions.

Firstly: Which car would you guys prefer for sumo: FXO or RB4?
Secondly: Should I put holes in the tyre wall for ease of getting in to place? What happens with the holes is that the person in the red starting position turns right, goes round part of the outside of the dojo anticlockwise and goes through a hole in the tyre stacks. The blue one goes round clockwise. It will still count if the car goes out through the holes, because if PART of the car goes over the yellow line, it will be out the dojo i.e. a loss. This simply requires the ref to pay attention. However, this is not as totally obvious. However, it stops wasting about 45 seconds each time by a complex parking manouvre to get in to position, I think it's worth it. Also, it makes which start position is which simpler (the positions are marked out by chalk lines, BTW).
I think that the tirewall gaps would work well, then thinking I just thought of something fun, 4 way sumo? So have gaps at every quarter turn of the circle, have everyone line up in a slightly larger square?

also, I think that RB4 would work best, its heavier.
#14 - Jakg
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think that the tirewall gaps would work well, then thinking I just thought of something fun, 4 way sumo? So have gaps at every quarter turn of the circle, have everyone line up in a slightly larger square?

also, I think that RB4 would work best, its heavier.

rb4 has more grip and can be handbraked better than the pig of an FXO
Good point there, but some of the other cars may be fun too, FXR, XFR, UFR?

Also, duke do you have MSN, it may make it easier to discuss things, mine is gu3st<at>dustindawes<dot>com (use your brain when interpreting it)
Thanks for your opinions. :-)
@ dawesdust_12 and Jakg: For the test, we will use the RB4. But this is what testing is for, and we could try out which cars work as well.

What I meant is some little gaps to get in to the arena. Previously, the start point was inside the dojo itself, this required some skill to park up behind the line. Now, it's a matter of driving through your hole in the wall, and parking. You can still lose by being pushed out there, but then it is over the yellow line which the tyres are on most of the time.
Important
@ Everyone who I pmed with the password : Please remove the last word of the password. It is too long otherwise.
Layout ready
I've now finished the layout for the test basho. I won't post it as it is only a test one, but that's finished.

It takes about 10-14 seconds for a car to get to its position.
REMINDER: It's tonight!
8PM Tonight.

:banana: :banana:
Guys, i'm taking the liberty of getting this underway earlier (i.e. now).

If you want to have a go, I'll PM you the password but it's only 3 + me at a time on the server, and for obvious reasons 2 on track

The number of people is because it is A) A non dedi, B) I'm not using the dedicated software in any form because I need to see what's going on, C) My computer's shite, D) If pings get to high or we get lag or latency, any problem like that for that matter, it all goes tits up as I can't always see who won.

Just some rules pointers.

1: Game starts when I say "FIGHT!"
2: First to cross the yellow line with tyres on wins.
3: Turn left or right when the racing lights go out depending on who I say. This only affects which position you start in.
4: I'll make the rest up as we go along, this is only a test.

It's "OSR Sumo Basho". It's also a private server. If you don't see it in the next couple of minutes, tell me.

I'll need to grab some dinner at one point, when I hope you can govern it yourself. Also, some people have agreed to go on at 8 (London), so I might need to get rid of some people
-
A Clue To The Password (duke_toaster) DELETED by duke_toaster
It's up and running guys
It's finished.

It was just me and DratsaB. We played 25 matches in about 80 mins (and the was substancial chinwagging). He won 14-11

I'll have a look at which replays are better to demonstrate it.
had a blast m8, nice games. Its a great idea that works well
Looking forward to replays

cheers again.

Sean
kool
Quote from faster111 :kool

I thought this was an english only forum. Stop speaking in estonian.
Kool means school.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG