The online racing simulator
Asymetric Ride Height
(27 posts, started )
Asymetric Ride Height
If we could set the ride height at each corner we could corner weight our cars using data from the raf files.

Cars in real life do not have an equal weight split side to side especially when there is a driver on board so racers adjust the ride height at each corner to compensate.
You automjatically compensate, the weight and forces in the setup menu is taken with the driver in, out, with passengers depending on you options....

But yes, this would be useful for oval racers as well......

+1
+1 from me for this one!
#4 - Chaos
we need the whole settings asymetrical...
Even brake strength? Actually I would like the brakes to be adjustable like in RBR, where you set the front and rear brake strengths separately, and the brake bias is calculated from those values.
#6 - Chaos
Quote from Bob Smith :Even brake strength?

lol
ok, not everything, but the suspension needs this...
#7 - Vain
Asymmetric ARB?
That'd be a strange looking device!

Vain
+1 for asymetric ride height.
+1 for everything else asymetric.
Can't you just make the tyre pressure different on each wheel for ovals? I mean come on it's not like you have to adjust everything just to compensate for one little thing...?
Definately need asymetric adjustments. All courses have a directional bias (overall left or overall right). Example BP Normal is right turn biased (BP REV would be left turn biased).

Since you are making MORE right turns than left, you would setup your car to turn right a little easier.
Quote from cobra193 :Definately need asymetric adjustments. All courses have a directional bias (overall left or overall right). Example BP Normal is right turn biased (BP REV would be left turn biased).

Since you are making MORE right turns than left, you would setup your car to turn right a little easier.

That can be achieved with more neg camber on the right hand front than the left.
Camber is affecting grip in left/right turns, but not actual ability to "turn in".

Clear as mud.
Quote from Bob Smith :Camber is affecting grip in left/right turns, but not actual ability to "turn in".

Clear as mud.

Please explain. Do you mean by 'turn in' the way the car maintains balance (or not) at the point at which you begin your turn?
In the same way that softening front ARB or decreasing parallel steering can help turn in for either left or right corners (potentially at the expense of stability), using asymmetrical sets to improve turn in for (say) right corners instead at the expense of lefts. I see this as being different to what camber provides, since that is outright grip, and comes into play more towards mid corner once you have wound some lock on. It's the initial responsiveness of the car to change direction.
Quote from Bob Smith :Even brake strength? Actually I would like the brakes to be adjustable like in RBR, where you set the front and rear brake strengths separately, and the brake bias is calculated from those values.

RBR?illepall
Richard Burns For Teh Win! :rally_dri
If it had a better online function I'd be playing that more often. Still fun to do Career mode without crashing
definatly need more asemetric adjustments, i mean sometimes u just need 1 notch of dampening force on one damper to correct over,understeer
would be sooo much better

also I think with the picture of the car in the suspension settings it needs to be on a road e.g a different colour to the background, so u can better determin the sill rake
Quote from Bob Smith :Camber is affecting grip in left/right turns, but not actual ability to "turn in".

Clear as mud.

mud aint clear
#19 - wark
Quote from cobra193 :Definately need asymetric adjustments. All courses have a directional bias (overall left or overall right). Example BP Normal is right turn biased (BP REV would be left turn biased).

Maybe for most tracks, but I'm sure that notion can be deceptive. For instance, on BL1 (clockwise) the most important, toughest corners are left-handers.

Yet that's if you're hotlapping--on an endurance race your goal would probably be to make the tires to heat as evenly as possible.
Quote from Bob Smith :Clear as mud.

did a falling log hit you this morning that was full of vegies?
I don't see how you want to use ride height to adjust corner weights, you normally ensure they're equal anyway, except for ovals which LFS isn't really meant for TBH. Can't corner weights be adjusted with other suspension settings in LFS atm (IRL the slightest adjustment really does make a huge difference).
+1 for this
Quote from ajp71 :I don't see how you want to use ride height to adjust corner weights, you normally ensure they're equal anyway, except for ovals which LFS isn't really meant for TBH. Can't corner weights be adjusted with other suspension settings in LFS atm (IRL the slightest adjustment really does make a huge difference).

There is no other way to adjust cornerweights.
Moving components in the car? I spent ages setting the cornerweights on a lead ballasted Fulvia by moving the lead in 50mm increments around the interior with the driver and fuel. Once we had it spot on (and within the wheelbase) they were bolted in. Result? Equal ride heights all round and equal corner weights
Quote from tristancliffe :Moving components in the car? I spent ages setting the cornerweights on a lead ballasted Fulvia by moving the lead in 50mm increments around the interior with the driver and fuel. Once we had it spot on (and within the wheelbase) they were bolted in. Result? Equal ride heights all round and equal corner weights

yeah - OK you could do that. But what happens when the driver gets in? And what if the driver puts on a couple of kilos? You gonna move weight around in the car everytime? Much easier to wind a couple of mils onto one of the coilovers I'd say.
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D

Asymetric Ride Height
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG