The online racing simulator
Can't get Fanatec CSL Elite to work
I've been trying to play the sim for a wheel using my Fanatec CSL elite and no matter what i try I can't seem to get it to work. My wheel works perfectly on every other sim so doesn't seem to be an issue with the wheel.

Whether, I select one of the 2 detected controllers (wheels) or if I select neither of them I can see the wheel and throttle inputs detecting on "Available Axes" however, when I go to bind them for the steering or throttle etc the game doesn't acknowledge I've pressed anything and continues to ask me to bind an Axes even though the game clearly detects in the available axes that I'm doing something.

Some help would be much appreciated as I eagerly want to try out this old gem Smile
** Best answer **
I'll copy some text from this manual page:
https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options

3) Assign axes

With the axes list still open, you can now start assigning the different functions to the available axes. To do this, first click on the function you want to assign (e.g. "Steer"), then click on the axis you want to assign it to (e.g. "X axis"). Unlike in many other games, pressing the pedal or rotating the wheel after clicking on the function button will NOT assign the axis automatically!

After all necessary functions have been assigned, check if LFS reads the input correctly by rotating the wheel and pressing the pedals again. Now the steering indicator and pedal bars will move, too. If an axis/function operates the opposite way it should, click on the "invert" button found to the right of the function in question.

See also: How to assign functions to controller axes (animated gif)
Quote from Scawen :I'll copy some text from this manual page:
https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options

3) Assign axes

With the axes list still open, you can now start assigning the different functions to the available axes. To do this, first click on the function you want to assign (e.g. "Steer"), then click on the axis you want to assign it to (e.g. "X axis"). Unlike in many other games, pressing the pedal or rotating the wheel after clicking on the function button will NOT assign the axis automatically!

After all necessary functions have been assigned, check if LFS reads the input correctly by rotating the wheel and pressing the pedals again. Now the steering indicator and pedal bars will move, too. If an axis/function operates the opposite way it should, click on the "invert" button found to the right of the function in question.

See also: How to assign functions to controller axes (animated gif)

Thank you very much, my bad should've read the manual really shouldn't I. Just used to not having to reading manuals these days. Thank you very much working perfectly now and thanks for taking the time to help me being an idiot Smile
Thanks! Good to hear you got it working. Smile

Can't get Fanatec CSL Elite to work
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG