The online racing simulator
Congrats to the LFS Devs!!!
(15 posts, started )
It's been over 10 years for me since I downloaded this sim (i have even forgot my password and bought a brand new S3 lol), some of you may remember me as [DUcK].

I don't usually post but I felt like I needed to say, the physics of this game are still amazing, and to be honest even the graphics of the tracks etc are really good! It's hard to believe it came out decades ago. I use simulators often to prepare for my real life stuff and have had the opportunity to drive factory & private simulators more recently and I can say LFS is a very competitive physics engine. Of course, nothing is perfect

So, hats off to the Developers Thumbs up

Scott
just wait till the graphics update come. Then the game has good physics + good graphics
Is there any new information about this update? I hope to see some progress report. Smile
Why good things takes so much time, and bad are released every month... its almost frustrating, but understandable.
-
(Bawbag) DELETED by kristofferandersen : offensive language
@Bawbag Welcome back after (?) 7 years from your last post. Big grin
Quack quack.

Make LFS great again.
How would you calculate amount of enjoyment this project has provided to people?

It has been more than 18 years, I remember playing 0.1 version when it was new.

For every day this game has provided entertainment to hundreds of people for more than 18 years.

It is difficult to find anything that can compare to that kind of achievement.

Might be bit more quiet today than some earlier days, but I still see around 200 peak players daily, they would not play if they would not enjoy, how many of us can say they have managed to bring so much enjoyment to world?

These developers certainly can say that.
Quote from racerAntti :How would you calculate amount of enjoyment this project has provided to people?

It has been more than 18 years, I remember playing 0.1 version when it was new.

For every day this game has provided entertainment to hundreds of people for more than 18 years.

It is difficult to find anything that can compare to that kind of achievement.

Might be bit more quiet today than some earlier days, but I still see around 200 peak players daily, they would not play if they would not enjoy, how many of us can say they have managed to bring so much enjoyment to world?

These developers certainly can say that.

And there is still organized league racing almost everyday basically where you get 30+ car grids every day basically.
@racerAntti : very valid point 👍🏻
Hope Eric is almost ready with SO and KY final touches 🤘🏻
Quote from Flotch :@racerAntti : very valid point 👍🏻
Hope Eric is almost ready with SO and KY final touches 🤘🏻

I'm still more concerned about the status of tyre physics which is more demanding than the work required on these two tracks.
Who knows...😉
Quote from NumberTwo :And there is still organized league racing almost everyday basically where you get 30+ car grids every day basically.

Indeed!

To me that alone is testament of how this piece of software has to have quite many parts made right.

Just to think how many other games have come and gone during that time, which has been even forgotten, but LFS is still actively used and enjoyed by many.

New things coming, surely nice, but what there has been and still is, really excellent.

I got triple screen setup, then noticed that LFS has one of the best triple screen supports, also with 120fps and g-sync enabled, no input lag to notice, stuttering is not really issue anymore and even computer stays quiet.

Somehow I don't like other games with triple screen setup as well, single screen does fine for AC and others as GPU power requirements are so huge, not the case with LFS. All the needed adjustments for my setup are in LFS and easy to understand, really the strong point of LFS is accessibility and how all adjustments are there and they are made so fluent to use.

Another point for LFS is that as computer uses less electricity than with other sims, LFS can be said to be more environmentally friendly racing game.

I think also model where you can have lot of fun in demo and support devs by buying more content is something that has given LFS much of life, again decision devs made that has been working well.
yeah i dont care much about all you said, but for me, when i drive XFG in lfs, compared to similar cars in other sims, it just feels closest to real life.

Or driving FZ5 is very similar to driving heavy ass normal car Smile

And ofc, the driving, the racing, the netcode, it all works perfectly. You can race drivers from Canada, USA, Singapore, Brazil, Argentina, India, Morocco and whole Europe in one race with very little problems.
Quote from NumberTwo :yeah i dont care much about all you said

hahaha Smile you know how to be brutal for sure.

I agree with you, the look and feel of LFS is only a small part of the enjoyment. Everything else is what makes it much better. Sometimes I wonder if we had more players, would it still be the same, or would it just eventually end up being the same as every other sim. Having a small community that is unique and quite filtered out from crap players is what makes this sim great as well.
I sure miss the old Conedodger / Ironhorse pub days
-
(ShannonN) DELETED by ShannonN

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG