The online racing simulator
New GTR configurations in U19 balancing for hard track racing
Hello racers,

In the new incompatible test patch U19 I've tried to improve the balance between the FZR, FXR and XRR with the new configuration selected. Although the new configs were designed with drift and rallycross in mind, it also creates a new hard track racing category, like the existing GTR class but with a bit less grip due to the narrower tyres. XR GTR also has an H-pattern shifter in the new configuration.

I've tried to keep the cars balanced, in terms of their own handling and hopefully between cars too. It's not possible within a few days to get a race category perfectly balanced, because setups evolve over time. Race directors can adjust performance using ballast. But I'd be interested to know how they compare.

I'm trying to get this tested and finalised as soon as possible so I can get back to the development version.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95016
Hello, if needed for some online data today(tuesday) around 19:00 UTC if there would be a possibility to have a server with U19 me and some other racers could do laps on diffirent tracks, or try a 20-30laps event.
Thanks, I've started a test server 'S2 GTR' you are welcome to use. It allows GTR cars and you can select the track.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, I've started a test server 'S2 GTR' you are welcome to use. It allows GTR cars and you can select the track.

Its on U19 or U20?
-
(Pathseeker) DELETED by Pathseeker : im stupid
#6 - Laoz
The new RX configuration feels much better when racing, but it makes the tires overheat very fast. This configuration works best with GT2 (FXR 24% XRR 25% FZR 21%) or GT3(FXR 34% XRR 35% FZR 28%) restrictions. I attached replays of the race but i don't really know how that will help. To make any really big changes I think there should be a bigger pre planned race where we would see at least 20 drivers racing.
Attached files
SO4_qual_20M_7R_7Q.mpr - 1.9 MB - 200 views
SO4_race_5L_7R_6F.mpr - 1009.5 KB - 143 views
SO4_qual_20M_6R_7Q.mpr - 1.9 MB - 131 views
SO4_race_5L_8R_7F.mpr - 1.1 MB - 138 views
From what i feelt on track in FXR while running on RX mode(but still i think some stuff to find in setup) that while having full power it could be raced maybe only on few certain tracks, as tyres cant handle it and just temperatures going up and up,but that was expected. Having gt2 restrictions car feel really good. I think i like gt2 class more like this than in normal mode, car is just more responsive. Road normals and road supers wise those tyres can be used, maybe work on setup might help them last more, but i killed them in 2 laps on fast track. Well i used them on full power, so with a bit of restrictions it can work too i think. Would be good if there was option to keep transmission same on xrr/fzr that is in regular mode. Overall changes are quite good, but how close are cars pace wise in rx mode we will know with time. Just would love to have additional f12 options to change specific tyre out of 4, or 3 out of 4 and similar.(sorry still hope to get this option soon 😅)
Thanks for the testing and feedback.

It's interesting to hear that the narrower tyres can work well with reduced power classes.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the testing and feedback.

It's interesting to hear that the narrower tyres can work well with reduced power classes.

it is the classic drawback of the current tire physics model : even on a straight line, the downforce make the tires to almost heat up (what is actually the case with the Rx/Drift config with R2 tires, more than the classic wider tires that may loose few °c on long straights) ... so less power is obvioulsy helping regarding this aspect ...
But rallycross speaking, the GTR would need 100hp more to match the real counterparts Tongue (not sure the tires would follow)
How are you so fast at fabricating test patches?
Last week it was 6U18, now we're on U20!Omg omg omg
Congratulations Scawen I have done some tests with FXR, I believe that there will be a great material to carry out "SuperRallyCross championship" in a layout and with JokerLap 😍😍
Thanks again for the testing. I've made a slight change to the XRR in the alternate config.
It has 10mm extra tyre width front and rear.
I hope this is good for the competition and does not have negative effects.

Changes from 0.6U21 to 0.6U22: NEW INCOMPATIBLE VERSION

New configurations are now called ALTERNATE (not DRIFT / RX)
Small change to XR GTR alternate config - 10mm wider tyres
Virtual steering gauge hidden if live settings or pit instructions
New fuel options can be filtered and are visible on selected host
InSim IS_SPX and IS_LAP new byte Fuel200 indicates fuel remaining
FIX: Auto clutch time was wrong in the XR GTR in alternate config

WOW i miss 45 steering angle on old lfs we need this back drift scene was booming back then
Here is another incompatible update, U23.

In the ALTERNATE configurations for GTR cars, you can now select a whole range of tyre sizes.

U23:

Changes to the alternate configuration system:

Configuration ALTERNATE is available for all GTR cars
Alternate must be selected to allow expanded range of tyres
In alternate configuration you can select tyre section width
Maximum allowed "Maximum Lock" increases with narrower wheels
When alternative config is selected F12 display shows tyre size

Misc:

FIX: Wrong warning "Road tyres on rallycross track" in hotlapping

Translations:

More updated translations. Thanks again, translators.

Now that you can adjust your tyre width, we don't need to consider balancing the GTR class. Instead, the community and race organisers can work out what works well and specify limits for events.

Thank you for the feedback. I think it's good that we came round to a flexible system that allows so many possibilities for drifting, rallycross and hard track racing. And without messing up any existing categories or needing to reset any hotlap tables.

I'll close this thread now. Please try out the new version and leave comments on the test patch thread.
This thread is closed

New GTR configurations in U19 balancing for hard track racing
(15 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG