The online racing simulator
where are height measurments made from? in game
its quite relevent to know exactly where the ride height is measured,
in particular the F1 car, im not sure if the height is measured from behind the wheels or is it the diffusers /wings?
as in real life the undertrays are barley 60mm of the ground but wings are 110 ish
would be nice to get some closure from the devs on this as i think it affects the way i set the car up
cheers
Quote from seinfeld :its quite relevent to know exactly where the ride height is measured,
in particular the F1 car, im not sure if the height is measured from behind the wheels or is it the diffusers /wings?
as in real life the undertrays are barley 60mm of the ground but wings are 110 ish
would be nice to get some closure from the devs on this as i think it affects the way i set the car up
cheers

My guess it'll be measured from the sill. Just behind the front wheel for front height and just in front of rear wheel for rear height.
I thought it was just the uncompressed spring length? Ride height being dynamic and all.
Quote from Bob Smith :I thought it was just the uncompressed spring length? Ride height being dynamic and all.

Isn't static ride height when the car is stationary on a flat surface?
Quote from Gentlefoot :Isn't static ride height when the car is stationary on a flat surface?

thats my interpretation as well, both of these questions needs to be cleared up i think
Yes, ride height is measured in the pits at a standstill.

However, there is no ride height reading in LFS. We have ride height reduction which as Bob says is the uncompressed spring length...

If we had a ride height value in the setup screen then how would it work when ride height changes due to different parameters like tyre pressures? This is why we have ride height reduction, but I would like to see a Live Ride Height on the right of the setup screen which DOES vary with everything else.

Hopefully you all understand now?
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes, ride height is measured in the pits at a standstill.

However, there is no ride height reading in LFS. We have ride height reduction which as Bob says is the uncompressed spring length...

If we had a ride height value in the setup screen then how would it work when ride height changes due to different parameters like tyre pressures? This is why we have ride height reduction, but I would like to see a Live Ride Height on the right of the setup screen which DOES vary with everything else.

Hopefully you all understand now?

Yeah - thx Tris

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG