The online racing simulator
Test Patch U16. I'm expecting this to be the last compatible patch before the incompatible test.

Interface:

Key control (4/5/6/7) of free view FOV improved and reaches 2 deg
Prevented auto-repeat on block message and light switching keys

InSim:

IS_CPP FOV can now be used in-car but not smoothed (0 = no change)
IS_CPP Pos is now relative to "Centre view" not the user setting
FIX: It was possible to miss IS_PSF packet after taking over car
FIX: STime in IS_PSF packet was wrong after car was taken over
NOTE: for these fixes the new driver taking over must have U16

Misc:

Added a little more logging about D3D initialisation to deb.log

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/93185
Quote from Scawen :I'm planning to release one more compatible update with a few fixes before the incompatible one.

I've now done this. It will work fine but there is no smoothing on the FOV value. If FOV in the IS_CPP is zero then current FOV is left unchanged.

I've been looking at this but have slight difficulty as the ISS state flags are used in this packet and they are all in use. It's a bit of a crazy design but we're stuck with it for now.

I've thought of two possible approaches to achieve what you want.

1) Not include an option at all - Make the offset relative to the "Centre view" always with "custom" view but relative to the driver's eye position in "in car" view. So that means if the view is overridden from InSim then the user setting offsets are ignored.

2) Make it an option by re-using the ISS_SHIFTU_FOLLOW flag. Renamed to ISS_VIEW_RELATIVE so that it could refer to FOLLOW view (in free view mode) or offsets relative to user position in custom view mode.

I prefer the look of option (1) because it looks simpler and less confusing, both on my side and in the specification. Neither option is guaranteed not to break existing code. But I think option (1) does not break existing code if the user has not set any offsets.

But you did suggest it as an option. Is there a reason why it should be an option, or would it be better to always be relative to the central position?

Thanks for looking into this.

I only suggested it as an option in case it might break other people's code.
Having said that, I don't know if anything else actively uses it; I'm pretty sure TV Director uses another method.

As far as I'm concerned, all my cameras are already based on the "Centre view", so if it were to always be relative to the centre view with no option, that's fine by me.

IMO that would make the most sense anyway - it took me a while to work out why it wasn't consistent on other peoples' machines.

I hadn't actually realised that you could do an offset using VIEW_DRIVER, I've only used VIEW_CUSTOM for this.
Quote from Degats :I hadn't actually realised that you could do an offset using VIEW_DRIVER, I've only used VIEW_CUSTOM for this.

I found out later that you can't actually. Although there was some code for that case, the values were not set to anything other than zero. So I have not changed that other than removing the pointless addition.

I didn't wait for your answer to release U16 so it's good to hear you agree with the change! Big grin
-
(juliao) DELETED by juliao : no
I would very much like to have the r1 tire on the gtr ,,, and an xfg gt turbo,,,,, fxo gti
I have suggestion - what about having a text filter function for setups on the garage screen? It would make searching for setups easier, e.g. by entering "WE1R" it would find all setups which have that text in their name.

Maybe it could be a "filter" button in the Setups column, which would trigger a text entry dialog.

I understand that it's quite late in the test patch phase now but this just came to my mind.
Quote from Flame CZE :I have suggestion - what about having a text filter function for setups on the garage screen? It would make searching for setups easier, e.g. by entering "WE1R" it would find all setups which have that text in their name.

Maybe it could be a "filter" button in the Setups column, which would trigger a text entry dialog.

I understand that it's quite late in the test patch phase now but this just came to my mind.

indeed, it is a must in the future at least, as finding setups may take some times in the end Thumbs up .
The same applies to replays !
This thread is closed

Possible changes for a semi-compatible update
(159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG